Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Random Autograph Thread (Football Or Otherwise)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Prompted by the sweet and innocent Sticker Album thread, and also by talk of autographs, got me thinking we 'need' an autograph thread. Post yours here, random or otherwise.

I'll start: clearing out my mum's house after she died, I came across my childhood scrap album. For some reason, although I was living in a stone cottage in the middle of rural Perthshire, my early self seems to have acquired part-signed photos of the Chelsea and Leeds squads circa 1967. How? Haven't the scoobiest idea

IMG_20240814_141004.jpg

IMG_20240814_141206.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Something of a sexual awakening seeing this one working out at corals gym

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpeg
    IMG_1323.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got the back of my ST signed by that there John Prescott on Falmer platform. My borrowed biro was worse than useless. JP - of course! - had anticipated such skidmarks and promptly whipped out his personal magic marker. Next Amex home game I went to ticket office, showed them the back of my ST and enquired as to the possibility of a replacement. Which they did. Without batting an eyelid. Completely free of charge 🙏

IMG_20240814_172103.jpg

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Prompted by the sweet and innocent Sticker Album thread, and also by talk of autographs, got me thinking we 'need' an autograph thread. Post yours here, random or otherwise.

I'll start: clearing out my mum's house after she died, I came across my childhood scrap album. For some reason, although I was living in a stone cottage in the middle of rural Perthshire, my early self seems to have acquired part-signed photos of the Chelsea and Leeds squads circa 1967. How? Haven't the scoobiest idea

View attachment 187093

View attachment 187094
Obviously like most kids, you were a GLORY hunter!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My dad used to go to corporate at test matches in the 80s' He was dispatched with a small bat to get signed. TBF, I do have Gatting, Botham, Willis et al from other games. But who did he come back with on the bat? Robin Bailey.

"I don't remember him playing for England, Dick" I hear you cry. That is because is it was the actor who played Uncle Mort in "I didn't know you cared".

He also got me Des O'Connor's pianist at a Pro-Am golf day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My ex managed to get a signed team photo from the 2009 Ashes winning England Cricket team, when she was doing some research work with the ECB. We got it framed to give to my parents as a Christmas gift. My ex was Australian, so she did have to swallow her pride a bit for this!

I also have a photo with Steve Coogan which he was good enough to sign for me. It's framed on my wall, next to some Alan Partridge quotes. Steve has the same photo, signed by me, on his wall.*

*May not be true.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My dad used to go to corporate at test matches in the 80s' He was dispatched with a small bat to get signed. TBF, I do have Gatting, Botham, Willis et al from other games. But who did he come back with on the bat? Robin Bailey.

"I don't remember him playing for England, Dick" I hear you cry. That is because is it was the actor who played Uncle Mort in "I didn't know you cared".

He also got me Des O'Connor's pianist at a Pro-Am golf day.
There was an England cricketer called Rob Bailey. Your dad should have passed it off as him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There was an England cricketer called Rob Bailey. Your dad should have passed it off as him.
Could have but didn't. Came back and said he had Uncle Mort's autograph. I had no idea who that was.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Autographs: never seen the point. A bit like stamp collecting, but less interesting (and that's a pretty low bar!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got the first Clash album singed by Joe Strummer.

Must post a pic when I get back from Cornwall.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got that posh lady off Eggheads autograph. Well, my other half at the time did.

She was eating at Into The Blue in Shoreham and got her to sign a napkin.

Can’t remember her name and I lost the napkin years ago.

Judith? 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here