Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The QE2 - who cares?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why so much media coverage for a f***ing BOAT? Surely there's more important things going on that the general public could learn about than the retirement of a few hundered tonnes of metal to Dubai. I get enough coverage of meaningless boats of the local news, I do NOT need it on the national news too.

SAKE.

TV PISSES ME OFF.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're right, if you look at another thread you will see some fan had his bag searched and ticket checked (not at the turnstile mind you!!!!) by the Gestapo at the last game. What is the world coming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1700 people who paid up to £18,000 for a 16 day cruise to Dubai

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I was talking about this yesterday.

It obviously means a lot to Southampton, but I watched the news and people were getting emotional and upset??!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How many of the thousands that watched it leave have actually been on it, it seems weird that that many people have such an emotional tie to it.

Maybe something their relations helped build, or there are that many rich people in Southampton

How emotional must these people have been when it ran around on tour yesterday?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
LOL, i was gunna' start the exact same thing yesterday, when it was on the f***ing news for 20 MINUTES!

Its only abit of metal, f*** sake.

I was fuming, i was. :laugh:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Today's utterly useless and attention-seeking post: I watched the QE2 being launched.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many of the thousands that watched it leave have actually been on it, it seems weird that that many people have such an emotional tie to it.

Maybe something their relations helped build, or there are that many rich people in Southampton

How emotional must these people have been when it ran around on tour yesterday?

728 departures from Southampton over the years, including mini cruises, i'd say quite a few watching had been on her.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've been on one cruise, I'll never go on another.

Haha, excellent. You only ever hear from 80 year olds on tv who went on one cruise and 'never looked back'.. nice to see the other perspective for a change.

To me a cruise is like being on a floating prison.

oh and I don't give a shit about the QE2. nice boat? yes. made me cry? no

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I suppose it's like losing the Goldstone but for really boring pensioners with no imagination.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose it's like losing the Goldstone but for really boring pensioners with no imagination.

But they've already got a replacement in the Queen Mary 2 so they have one up on us sad buggers kicking our heals waiting for 12+ years for OUR replacement. I think I'd rather have no imagination and a new ground personally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here