Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The QE2 - who cares?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
anyone who goes to Dubai for pleasure is a wanker.

It's ok - I'm here on strictly entrepreneurial business purposes only.

As far as the QE2 goes, I'm looking forward to having her over here in Dubai as the novelty factor might make the queues for the newly-opened Dubai Mall (largest mall on the planet) a little shorter.

Scheduled for a 3pm arrival on 26th November, I'm hoping to be part of the flotilla welcoming her in.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the novelty factor might make the queues for the newly-opened Dubai Mall (largest mall on the planet) a little shorter.

QUOTE]

see its stuff like that that makes me hate the place. Who gives a f*** about a shopping centre, let alone flies to one.

not popping you off mate if you work there, fair play to you. I have been plenty of times for work and just think the place is for cnts as a holiday destination.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the novelty factor might make the queues for the newly-opened Dubai Mall (largest mall on the planet) a little shorter.

QUOTE]

see its stuff like that that makes me hate the place. Who gives a f*** about a shopping centre, let alone flies to one.

not popping you off mate if you work there, fair play to you. I have been plenty of times for work and just think the place is for cnts as a holiday destination.

I went on holiday once for a week, quite enjoyed it. A lot cheaper than I thought it would be. Got to go camel trekking in a desert as well as freezing my nuts off try to go snow boarding

The submarine that takes people to dinner in the Burj El Arab is for :tossers: though

Well, I care. Not because I'm into boats (I'm not), but because I start a new job in December jointly running the museum which is sited within a few hundred yards of where the QEII was built (the John Brown shipyard) and in which we celebrate that great yard (largest in Europe at one point, and also where RMS Queen Elizabeth, RMS Queen Mary, HMS Hood, HMY Britannia, RMS Lusitania and so many others were built), and quite a lot of our visitors come because of the connection. Anything which increases visitor figures is fine by me!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Spanish - you're right, in the last couple of years Dubai seems to have been attracting the lower-end of the British holidaymaker spectrum. Here's hoping the strengthening of the UAE dirham against the £ does at least limit the twats to the monied variety.

Mendoza - haven't been in the submarine yet. The snowboarding in Ski Dubai in Mall of the Emirates is good fun, as is the desert safari and wadi-bashing. Glad you enjoyed the holiday though - I wasn't referring to you above BTW!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
There's plenty of stuff on the news that doesn't interest me in the least but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be on there.

If the QE2 doesn't mean anything to you, fair enough, but there are hundreds of thousands of people to whom it means a lot - those who built it (when we still had a shipbuilding industry) those who crewed it, ancilliary businesses and all the passengers who enjoyed sailing on her.

Why should they be denied seeing her leave the UK just because some aren't interested?

If the news only showed what everyone is interested in, there'd be no news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here