Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem with our fans as I see it

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Poyet is like the prick teaser at the disco, who looks the part and gives you the eye all night and talks a good game. So you spend all you dough, on the promise that you might get your leg over, only to be left frustrated with a peck on the cheek at the end of the evening, with the promise of more to come. Quite frankly, I'd rather have the old slapper, who you buy half a lager, but does the full works up some back ally, before getting you back to her place and on the nest all night.

Nigel Adkins?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That is a fact!

Only if you know what budgets they were working with. If Saints has the biggest budget in League One and came second - is that a greater achievement ?

If they had one of the two largest budgets in the championship - it does not look so impressive.

Let's look again in a few years time.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I tell you what, slag the geezer off but what he has achieved far outweighs Poyet.

It outweighs even what Mullery achieved in what was our best ever spell as a club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It outweighs even what Mullery achieved in what was our best ever spell as a club.

You can't deny Mullery delivered exciting attacking football though. And he is still the only man to take this club to the top of English football. And Mullery embraced and loved this club, never using his success here as a springboard for self promotion.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm proud of the way Brighton fans have consistently had the highest crowds in the league that it has been playing in, crowds of 30,000 plus against sides like Rochdale, and had higher crowds than say Saints despite playing in a lower division. I'm also proud of how the fans fought for this club as days like York City showed. The only problem I have with some of our fans is that some cannot see further than their nose, they see how the Albion have never achieved and they then fall into the trap of thinking that the club should accept under achievement.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
You can't deny Mullery delivered exciting attacking football though. And he is still the only man to take this club to the top of English football. And Mullery embraced and loved this club, never using his success here as a springboard for self promotion.

Hi Dean, I loved the way you kept this club punching above its weight using your youth team players. A lot of dreams were made and lost whilst we were at Withdean - have you applied to join the new revolution at Lancing?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's all about the tools you have to work with. McGhee keeping us in this league at Withdean without a pot to piss in far outweighs anything Poyet has done, as does Coppell taking us to the last game of the season with only 4 points from 12 games. Kenny Jackett, Chris Powell and Nigel Clough, there are three managers who haven't got f*** all to work with, but all holding there own. Poyet has had just about everything he has ever asked for within reason, he must be the envy of just about ever manager in this division. Yet all he does is f***ing moan and whinge, instead of delivering the goods. I have no doubt we will get ourselves back into the mix(as we should), then when push comes to shove he will revert to type, go defencive and come up short again.

Oh leave off, does anyone agree with this point of view? ITs unfair to compare a still-learning manager with really experienced ones like McGhee and Coppell. Quick memory-jog: Poyet picked up a team languishing at the wrong end of league 1, fighting relegation, and with just a few loan signings eased us away from trouble into mid-table safety with a lot of games to go. In the summer we lost our captain, picked up a couple of players on the cheap, and then went on to storm the division in the simplest promotion I've ever experienced. Next summer he finally got some cash to spend but still lost our two best players, Bennett and Murray, replaced them with Buckley and CMS and a few other cheaper players, and got us to 10th. This year he's really strengthened and we're currently 8th, but with every shot of a higher finish. All with an attractive playing style, whilst still learning on the job and with having to bed in massive changes in personnel. How can he not be the manager to take us forward?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh leave off, does anyone agree with this point of view? ITs unfair to compare a still-learning manager with really experienced ones like McGhee and Coppell. Quick memory-jog: Poyet picked up a team languishing at the wrong end of league 1, fighting relegation, and with just a few loan signings eased us away from trouble into mid-table safety with a lot of games to go. In the summer we lost our captain, picked up a couple of players on the cheap, and then went on to storm the division in the simplest promotion I've ever experienced. Next summer he finally got some cash to spend but still lost our two best players, Bennett and Murray, replaced them with Buckley and CMS and a few other cheaper players, and got us to 10th. This year he's really strengthened and we're currently 8th, but with every shot of a higher finish. All with an attractive playing style, whilst still learning on the job and with having to bed in massive changes in personnel. How can he not be the manager to take us forward?

How can he still be learning, I thought it was widely excepted he is a genuis???....Few cheap players lol oh ok, you really haven't got a clue have you???..Carry on.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How can he still be learning, I thought it was widely excepted he is a genuis???....Few cheap players lol oh ok, you really haven't got a clue have you???..Carry on.

of course he's still learning, he's only had two full seasons as a manager. and aside from the two million pound players and Hoskins, yes all our signings two summers ago were cheap for this division at this time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Where is it said he widely ACCEPTED as a genius? I haven't seen anyone post that on Nsc or heard it at a match except in jest.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I had a season ticket at Withdean and remember how crap things were at times.

However, I am also able to see that the circumstances now are completely different. We are considerable sums of money on this squad, both in wages and transfer fees and there is nothing wrong with expecting a better return in terms of league position.

Yes, compared to Withdean we are better. Yes, compared even to last season we are arguably doing better. But we SHOULD be when you add the likes of Bruno, Kuszscak, Bridge et al to that squad.

The question is, have we improved our league position etc ENOUGH considering the vast difference in wages outlay etc. That is certainly open to debate.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Look at the shit on the site given to Ashley Barnes today for getting sent off.He was the best player on the pitch last Saturday

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, a player who gets himself sent off is NOT, by definition, the best player on the pitch. They are the best player on the bench and have left the rest of the team with a much harder job to do.

Any player who gets themselves sent off deserves a little bit of shit from the fans and a lot from their team mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here