• I don't give a toss

Votes: 48 50.0%

• Total voters

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Complete Badger said:
Ridiculous. United are THE club - noone else will ever come close. The history, the stadium, the power, what a club! It's where the title belongs, and I hope they get it back off the mercenaries who have bought it for the last two years. Obviously I would never claim to SUPPORT them, as that's frankly ridiculous, but after the albion, they are easily the next team I look out for. Why on earth would you describe their players as "wankers?"

Just seen your age mate. Not sure if that makes it better or worse. In a way I can now understand why you dont hate them like you should as you weren't alive for the cup final, but it drives home a very very sad point that youngsters are still following ( or supporting in your case) the scum. Thats bad bad news. :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
chez said:
I have this conversation with a scum supporter all the time in the office. He doesnt understand why I hate them so much. Weve come to the conclusion that the only 3 players to play for United since 83 (when they 1st got into my bad books) that I dont hate with a passion are Solskjaar & sherringham, all the others seriously make me feel sick.

The best thing though is how Man Ure fans moan about how Chelsea have been buying the title :lolol: Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

Cant understand why someone would look out for their result. I try to ignore their existance and the only time I can watch them live is if its recorded and I already know theyve lost. And as for watching them play Brighton, never again - wanted to fight anyone after last time didnt care who.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't United EARN their money, rather than have one man poor a few hundred MILLION within the space of a couple of years into the tranfer/wage budget?

Not quite sure why you can completely hate them either. Unlike the current Chelsea side, the United team of this season, and of the nineties, play some quite simply Sexy football. Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham. That strikeforce OOZED class. Look at the current Chelsea forwards - Drogba (25 million) Shevchenko (30)...can't think who else they have up front, but anyway. Good players? Yes. Good TEAM players who are fantastic to watch? No way.

Giggs
Neville
Scholes
HOMEGROWN talent. And not just talent, but the BEST you can get.

How many home grown players do Chelsea have in their squad. One?

Yoda

English & European
chez said:
I think Chelsea have done EXACTLY the same thing as United. Yes, they have bought the title but so did Man Ure albeit spending slightly less money.

But in the transfer climate at the time they spent just as much if you look at how much fee's have increased.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't United EARN their money, rather than have one man poor a few hundred MILLION within the space of a couple of years into the tranfer/wage budget?

Not quite sure why you can completely hate them either. Unlike the current Chelsea side, the United team of this season, and of the nineties, play some quite simply Sexy football. Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham. That strikeforce OOZED class. Look at the current Chelsea forwards - Drogba (25 million) Shevchenko (30)...can't think who else they have up front, but anyway. Good players? Yes. Good TEAM players who are fantastic to watch? No way.

Giggs
Neville
Scholes
HOMEGROWN talent. And not just talent, but the BEST you can get.

How many home grown players do Chelsea have in their squad. One?

I suppose they did earn their money (not that it matters to me, they still used it to buy the title), but only by getting kids from all over the country to buy 3 or 4 £40 shirts a season. This pisses me off greatly but what annoys me most is that these kids should have been supporting their own local teams who need them much more than a so called "super clubs". If anyones ruined football then its Man Ure stealing future supporters of League 1 & 2 clubs who need them to be able to compete.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
No way, I don't buy that. United are the biggest club in the world and they have the largest turnover. To me, making a few big purchases (Rio, Veron, Ruud, Carrick) over several years is perfectly sustainable, and are the sort of transfers that reflect the magnitude of the club. Chelsea have brought the game into disrepute, and have ruined it to a certain extent, because their money is unsustainable and nothing to do with their club whatsoever.

Thats just not fair though, you cant deny a club the chance to compete with the best just coz theyve never been the best.

As for ruining the game, for me it the total opposite - they have made it much more exiting. United were the ONLY club to be able to outbid everyone else in the country or even the world. That fact that Chelsea can now also do that just makes it a fairer playing field.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Personally cant stand Man Utd or Chelsea, the only side in the premiership that interest me in terms of watching are Arsenal, they play the game it was meant to be played, although I don't think they'll win it, I reckon they'll run the winners close and it would be a foolish man who writes them off this early in the season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
Drogba (25 million) Shevchenko (30)...can't think who else they have up front, but anyway. Good players? Yes. Good TEAM players who are fantastic to watch? No way.
:lolol: :lolol: Presumably you don't get many Marseille/Milan/Chelsea games on MUTV?

Both FANTASTIC players, Sheva has not yet produced his best for Chelsea but on form he is the best in the world, and Drogba on song is also fantastic. They also have Kalou, who is a brilliant talent.

Both sides play excellent football, Chelsea perhaps not as often as Man U. I am not fond of either club but both have players I like and can be brilliant to watch. As for who wins the title, couldn't care less, I'm a neutral, I support Brighton. :clap2:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
chez said:
I suppose they did earn their money (not that it matters to me, they still used it to buy the title), but only by getting kids from all over the country to buy 3 or 4 �40 shirts a season. This pisses me off greatly but what annoys me most is that these kids should have been supporting their own local teams who need them much more than a so called "super clubs". If anyones ruined football then its Man Ure stealing future supporters of League 1 & 2 clubs who need them to be able to compete.

In a sense though, surely it's better to have the likes of me and Badger, growing up in an era of Uniteds dominance, appreciating being able to see their unbelievable quality week in week out on the tv, and having players with incredible talent ike Schmeichel and Cantona, yet still putting god knows how much money into the Albion to watch something that matters so much more.

There's one thing Loving to watch a team, and respecting its players, but actually Loving the CLUB and following it all over the country is something else.

Sadly, the amounts of middle adged men wearing Chelsea/United shirts who don't see them play is ridiculous.

But that takes nothing away from just how good some of them (Giggs, Sosjkaer etc )were/are.

:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Silent Bob said:

Both FANTASTIC players, Sheva has not yet produced his best for Chelsea but on form he is the best in the world, and Drogba on song is also fantastic.

Yes, I'm not denying that.

But i'd rather watch Rooney, Giggs and Scholes than Drogba and Shevchenko.

I'd rather pay and SEE Revell & Robinson.

Problem?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
In a sense though, surely it's better to have the likes of me and Badger, growing up in an era of Uniteds dominance, appreciating being able to see their unbelievable quality week in week out on the tv, and having players with incredible talent ike Schmeichel and Cantona, yet still putting god knows how much money into the Albion to watch something that matters so much more.

There's one thing Loving to watch a team, and respecting its players, but actually Loving the CLUB and following it all over the country is something else.

Sadly, the amounts of middle adged men wearing Chelsea/United shirts who don't see them play is ridiculous.

But that takes nothing away from just how good some of them (Giggs, Sosjkaer etc )were/are.

:clap:

I can see what your saying and people like you are not the ones that make me hate Man Ure. Like you say, you take notice from afar and your liking doesn't in any way effect the Albion or their finances. Its the others of which unfortunately there are many who decide to walk away from their local clubs and pump all their money into treking up to Old Trafford every week that really angers/upsets even depresses me.

Just to reiterate an earlier post, I agree that Arsenal are the best team to watch, followed for me by Spurs and then Chelsea.

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
chez said:
Want Spurs to win it but seeing as that aint going to happen its gotta be Chelsea all the way!!!

What he said.
Except for the bit about Chelsea.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Any club that wants to progress, sign better players, improve their stadium, pull in bigger crowds, and increase their size is fine by me - I guess Arsenal are the best example at the moment.

15 years ago Chelsea were SHITE and were starting to do all that BEFORE Abramovic came onto the seen.

Stamford Bridge hasn't suddenly become the stadium it is over the last 3 years and there is still a few players that were also brought before he came in too.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, let me make one thing clear. I haven't spent a single penny on anything related to Manchester United in my life, whereas my input into Brighton and Hove Albion would be in the thousands. It's not a question of who you support - for me there will only ever be one team. But, just as I suspect kids who were around in the 80's have a soft spot for Liverpool, I will always think of my first memories of football involving Cantona, Schmeichel, Bruce, Keane, Beckham etc. It just so happens that they remain the best team to watch, and they are the most inspirational club without doubt, and for as long as this is the case I will continue to LOOK OUT FOR THEM - nothing more!

OK, just dont EVER go to one of their games unless Brighton are involved otherwise I'll hunt you down. ;) :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here