Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premiership

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Premiership

Perry Milkins said:
No. They had orgies and invented sitting on your side on long chairs eating grapes.

Colchester??

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Wasnt Pompey a big Volcano?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Would agree with most of that, Cardiff definitely have the potential to be a lot bigger, how many people currently leave South Wales to go and watch clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Villa every weekend. It wouldn't be an easy job to change the status quo, but give them a new ground and I could see them doubling their attendances overnight, much in the way that Southampton did.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd prefer a Premiership of 16 clubs

Championship of 20 clubs

League 1 of 24 clubs
League 2 of 24 clubs
League 3 of 24 clubs

League 3 would need to take the top 16 clubs from the Conference to make it add up.

It would make it harder to get into the Premiership, of course, but you would still have a 3 up 3 down rule.

Ready to be flamed!

ade28uk

Jul 23, 2003
I think we should be regarded as a big club. I think we are on the same levels as say clubs like Pompey, Leicester, Norwich, Birmingham etc... We are definately bigger than Clubs ike Torquay, Port Vale, Chesterfield, Darlington, Brentford. These sorts of clubs will always remain small. Brighton has potential. So the sooner LDC get their fingers out of their behinds and give up the better.

When we do get Falmer I think we would fill the stadium if we where in the top of the Championship no problem. Sorry top harp on but I used to love waking up on a Saturday knowing I was going to watch Brighton at the goldstone. £8.00 to get in as well you could go wrong.

WE NEED THIS STADIUM NOW!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Same as Birmingham and Pompey!!!! I think not we are small time poss middling championship but never a big club.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Goring Gull said:
Same as Birmingham and Pompey!!!!

Since when have pompey been a big club? I've always had them down as being a bit of a no-mark club that got promoted thanks to Milan mandaric giving harry redknapp enough money to bring in 37,000 aging pro's.

Pompey for me are amongst the great number of 'mid-sized' clubs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
garry nelsons left foot said:
Since when have pompey been a big club? I've always had them down as being a bit of a no-mark club that got promoted thanks to Milan mandaric giving harry redknapp enough money to bring in 37,000 aging pro's.

Pompey for me are amongst the great number of 'mid-sized' clubs.
but of course, Goring has bought into the Pompey fan propoganda that they are a MASSIVE club - just because they take 10,000 to Wimbledon when they're 15 points clear at the top of the table. Conveniently forgetting that they were getting 6,000 tops when they were last in division 3.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Couldn't agree more Goring, although you need your frickin head testing for having Portsmouth in there! There are SOO many pointless fixtures in the Premiership. Outside of their own supporters who really switches on MOTD to watch games involving Fulham, Charlton, Middlesboro, Wigan, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn or even Everton. I'm all for the big teams maintaining their grip on the Prem, you need your Man Utds, Liverpools and Arsenals, but most fans outside of these clubs are too bitter to see that, including far too many on here.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Simster said:
Isn't it Dublin?

Dublin has at times pretty much had all of the sides that make up the Irish top division.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Cheeky Monkey said:
Couldn't agree more Goring, although you need your frickin head testing for having Portsmouth in there! There are SOO many pointless fixtures in the Premiership. Outside of their own supporters who really switches on MOTD to watch games involving Fulham, Charlton, Middlesboro, Wigan, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn or even Everton. I'm all for the big teams maintaining their grip on the Prem, you need your Man Utds, Liverpools and Arsenals, but most fans outside of these clubs are too bitter to see that, including far too many on here.

Nothing worse than settling in to watch match of the day on saturday evening only to realise none of the big teams ar eon it as allplaying on the sunday... Only entertaiment is watching Lineker and co trying to make the rest of it intresting.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Goring Gull said:
Nothing worse than settling in to watch match of the day on saturday evening only to realise none of the big teams ar eon it as allplaying on the sunday... Only entertaiment is watching Lineker and co trying to make the rest of it intresting.

i don't care who is playing, if it is football then i will watch it, just because i love the game. For me the games with the 'small' teams often show more passion and excitement than some of the big clubs

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If you are talking about 'big clubs' with a history of having a large fan base then

Wolves
Bristol City
Coventry
WBA
Ipswich
Norwich
Brighton
Palarse(although it makes me hurt just saying it!)
Stoke
Derby

Take away

Birmingham
Hull
Cardiff
portsmouth
Sheff utd

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..and what history counts?

Burnley [twice]
Preston [twice]
Sunderland [six times!]
Huddersfield [three consecutive seasons!]
Ipswich
Derby County [twice]
Sheffield Wednesday [four times!]

have all won the top division. Is it only the history and tradition that you choose that matters?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Re: Re: The Premiership

watsongooal said:

And what have Pompy EVER done?
well, they did keep the FA cup for 6 years

all bit it with a little help from some nazi ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here