[Albion] The Premier League - 17/06/20

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wtf!!!

That was a foot over.

No VAR?

It crossed line, went behind the post and the pathetic goalie then cradled the ball to the left of the post whilst still in the net!

I’m pro VAR .... VAR should also have a remit to look at these now.

Very fine lines in teams staying up and going down, this could be significant.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lino doesn't give those decisions. Its the technology. If the watch doesn't buzz, its not a goal

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

****ing lino can still say to **** head the ball was over and var check. The game can't continue

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If ithe ball is touching the post, even the back of the post, and the post is the same width as the line, does that mean it hasn’t crossed the line?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Normal service resumed as we all it seems rightfully complain about poor application of technology. FFS and could prove bad for us in the bigger picture if Villa win.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So VAR can rule out a goal because someone’s nostril hair was 0.00001 of a micron offside 20 seconds earlier during the build-up, but THAT’s not reviewable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It crossed line, went behind the post and the pathetic goalie then cradled the ball to the left of the post whilst still in the net!

I’m pro VAR .... VAR should also have a remit to look at these now.

Very fine lines in teams staying up and going down, this could be significant.
Must be a tech failure, the only explanation.

100% goal.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Absolute joke. Villa should let United score from the restart.

Sheff.jpg

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm sure VAR was sold as making these type of mistakes impossible. And yet. Here we are with every angle covered by VAR, and its still ****d up.

Watch Sky try and tell us it wasn't a goal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
VAR is subject, ultimately, to human decision-making, so I kinda get how that can come to some different conclusions based on interpretation. But that's a straight-up line call and it's got it wrong. Abysmal.

I also find it extremely suspicious that they haven't shown the Goal Decision System replay with the 3D animation of the ball. Suggests they know it's wrong and are trying to avoid broadcasting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here