Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Powerful Midfielder

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Name one, that isn't completely out of our reach? Not many around.

Box-to-box midfielders, who can put in a shift to "help out Bridcutt" are worth 2 midfielders in a line up, and any that are half decent are in the Prem and staying there.

Leadbitter is being talked about. I think he could fill that role and has a longshot in his armory also.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mutch is a good lad and only 20 - if he hadn't broken his ankle earlier this season he might be more established than he is in the Birmingham first team. Lots of potential which might suggest that he will stay if they don't go up (and have to offload expensive "stars") and if they do would probably want to stay as a squad player so I fancy our chances aren't good

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leadbitter is being talked about. I think he could fill that role and has a longshot in his armory also.
Rumoured in the press some weeks back that we were sniffing around as his contract is up.
Ipswich have offered him a new deal and were quoted as "hoping to hear news very soon" so if he fancies a move we might know in the next week or two - if he does he is likely to attract a fair bit of interest

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Rumoured in the press some weeks back that we were sniffing around as his contract is up.
Ipswich have offered him a new deal and were quoted as "hoping to hear news very soon" so if he fancies a move we might know in the next week or two - if he does he is likely to attract a fair bit of interest

I'd be suprised if we could offer him higher wages than Ipswich tbh but we'll see...

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
The Algerian fellow Forest have on loan from Wolves looked pretty good against us. Suspect Wolves will want him for their Championship campaign though.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He was brilliant at the amex. But he's hardly a box to box type player, more of a defensive mid, similar in style to Navarro.

Him and Bridcutt together would be SOLID.
Bailey's very much a rounded midfielder. Played in a more advanced/box-to-box role for Charlton where he scored a bucket-load of goals. Mowbray's converted him into a very effective ball-winning DM, where he tends to feed it off to the more creative Robson/Williams/Arca etc. - but he's certainly capable going forward, and knows where the goal is. Showed that with his strike vs Southampton. I don't think we'll have much chance of signing him mind, think Trotter would be more realistic - and is the sort of player Gus knows we're missing. He's not out of contract though, unfortunately.. (click)

Last edited:

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Might be worth trying to tempt Andrew Crofts back ?.

Seyi Olofinjana of Hull mught be a good signing, lots of premier/championship experience with Stoke, Cardiff and Wolves.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
To be honest I would like Crofts and Trotter, we need 2.

Crofts I think will be available over the summer, has only a year left on his deal and Norwich will buy more players to establish themselves now. Crofts will only slip further down the order there, should be a reasonable price, is experienced in the Championship and Prem now. On top of that knows our style. Its win win all round, the man is a machine in the middle of the park.

Trotter is still a young man with great potential that he showed at the Amex. If we had Bridcutt, Trotter and Crofts, when bans etc happen we can easily cover without losing out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand all the hype about Trotter as apparently according to Millwall fans he has had 2 good games this season both against us other than that he has been poor. Now Barry Robson and Bailey of Middlesbro are a different proposition.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I cannot understand all the hype about Trotter as apparently according to Millwall fans he has had 2 good games this season both against us other than that he has been poor. Now Barry Robson and Bailey of Middlesbro are a different proposition.
Signed for Vancouver Whitecaps, final payday in the sun.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Robert Koren, not powerful, but would be an ideal replacement for Vicente were he to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here