• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I guess not. I usually don't think it's a good idea to come back for another stint. This time though it might have worked. It's been said multiple times before here, he knows the club, family settled here, he don't need more money etc. But, as long as some of you can't forget that so called history lesson, it is what it is and easy life ... hmm I don't know if it will work. IMHO you exaggerate those statements by a 1000%. It has been a thing now. Did it really hurt that much? Don't you think it's easier in a club like BHA, B'muff than Chelsea, United, FC Bayern? That doesn't mean you do a halfheartedly job! It is what it is, well everyone who have competed in something know that sometimes it really just is what it is. You can have 70+ % of the possession, 30 shoots on goal and you just know that this is not the day, you can play all night. The history lesson, well come on... I would also protect my players (he would never hang out his players in the media, like some others do, I like that). If you can booo something/someone, you will have to be prepared to get something back, don't you? Well, let's agree to disagree.

You have assumed a lot of my opinions here, you have also generalised my opinions in with others you have read on here.

I guess you really have returned like a mothman before the prodigal son returns.

Nothing to do with the history lesson for me.

I just don't think he is a good enough manager. Of course as soon as he wears the BHA tracksuit I am going to get behind him and hope that he proves himself (and stays a little longer once he does). However this won't be a natural reaction, it will take a little more effort than before. And until he does prove that he is a decent manager, for me the jury will be out and I will feel underwhelmed.

The better scenario for me is that we get someone new and exciting.

I hope you can keep your unpleasant opinions in check now you are back.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he is to return then at least the debate will be settled.
I’ve read numerous times without Potter RDZ would have not achieved Europa league football.
Over to you Potter the pressure is on achieve Europa league football in your first season back, after all RDZ has left you solid foundations to work from.

No excuses

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can you just get lost already, I don’t want to hear some random Swedish bloke patronise what Brighton fans should think, you’ve played absolutely 0 part in our history, formation of our club, or the day to day, weekend to weekend community that we’ve built. Staggering arrogance from you.
Out of @Han Solo’s post and your post, I know which one displays the most arrogance.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I’m starting to warm to the idea. We would hit the ground running rather than have weeks of players having to have a new system explained to them via an interpreter. He is tactically very astute and able to change systems mid match. He would not need the learning curve he suffered whilst getting his system finely tuned previously. Unlikely to up sticks at the first opportunity thrown at him. Would not leave us for Chelsea. Would probably be in for the long haul. Could secure European football for us on a regular basis.

I agree that he would need to overcome the initial animosity from a large section of the fan base but maybe we just need to be realistic and think of our club and the potential for success.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just my experience over the years about build ups to potential reactions from here or X or wherever but in the ground they don’t materialise.
Not sure about that. In the unlikely event it happened, I think there would be pockets of booing, but nothing co-ordinated and that would probably disappear by the next game.

I certainly don’t think we have the type of fanbase these days, that would protest strongly against a new manager, as everyone trusts Bloom (which they should of course).

However, the most vociferous, I’ve seen us in The Amex era was when Potter returned.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lose to Chelsea or Palace, especially early in the season, at the Amex and the place would be toxic.
I actually think it’s beyond that, the first defeat or inept/ineffective performance would be enough.

The word toxic actually puts us all in a bad light which I think is actually a little unfair, none of this would be our doing, which is why part of me still believes TB won’t do it, then again I left the Goldstone in 1997 thinking they wouldn’t knock it down 🙈

I‘d also argue that he’s no better a coach than when he left us in Sept 22, probably worse having been found out at Stamford Bridge, which sort of rides a waggon and horses through all the succession planning narrative.

But normal life goes on, Mrs H commented yesterday that she hadn’t seen me this emotive about the Albion since Archer sold the Goldstone in 1995!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just tired of it already, if people want to be upset and annoyed about it, let them we don’t need an essay as to why we are wrong, from a known WUM.
This.
Potter was great for us, but we moved on and so did he.
RdZ also was and improved on Potter, until he apparently lost interest.

I hope the next appointment moves us forward again….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I actually think it’s beyond that, the first defeat or inept/ineffective performance would be enough.

The word toxic actually puts us all in a bad light which I think is actually a little unfair, none of this would be our doing, which is why part of me still believes TB won’t do it, then again I left the Goldstone in 1997 thinking they wouldn’t knock it down 🙈

I‘d also argue that he’s no better a coach than when he left us in Sept 22, probably worse having been found out at Stamford Bridge, which sort of rides a waggon and horses through all the succession planning narrative.

But normal life goes on, Mrs H commented yesterday that she hadn’t seen me this emotive about the Albion since Archer sold the Goldstone in 1995!
Do you really think so?
I reckon the animosity would fade quickly…. (Not that I want GP back)

Though admittedly a bad start would not help.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I voted fence, it's a difficult one He IS a good manager. He did a job for us before.

However, would his heart be in it again. He left us for glory, it'd be a very difficult job without fan support, and I think this poll and thread shows that's going to be hard to win.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
You have assumed a lot of my options here, you have also generalised my opinions in with others you have read on here.

I guess you really have returned like a mothman before the prodigal son returns.

Nothing to do with the history lesson for me.

I just don't think he is a good enough manager. Of course as soon as he wears the BHA tracksuit I am going to get behind him and hope that he proves himself (and stays a little longer once he does). However this won't be a natural reaction, it will take a little more effort than before. And until he does prove that he is a decent manager, for me the jury will be out and I will feel underwhelmed.

The better scenario for me is that we get someone new and exciting.

I hope you can keep your unpleasant opinions in check now you are back.
I'm sorry for that, I did generalize in my post re the history lesson et al. I read in something you actually did not say in your one line post. Sorry!

"... unpleasant opinions now you are back". Well I guess that you think I'm that other Swede, I'm not. Don't know him but like him, I like Potter. If there is some way I can prove it I'm willing to do it. Just let me know how. I'm probably more than double his age and it looks like we're living in totally different parts of Sweden.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Potter is waiting for the England job, Southgate will leave after the Euros either on the back of a euphoria after winning it, or more likely after the last 16 knockout by Scotland. Anyway it is being reported that is what he is waiting for next, which means I don't believe we are waiting until early July for that to all play out, then he gets the England job and we are then really scrambling around for a new manager, not happening, I still think it will be someone left field and we are in negotiations, like Fabian Hurzeler.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Do you really think so?
I reckon the animosity would fade quickly…. (Not that I want GP back)

Though admittedly a bad start would not help.
For the first time in recent history I really don’t think they’ve gauged the mood of a large section of the support, but they would argue do they have to? It’s TB’s ‘ball‘ and PBOBE is effectively a paid employee who will naturally tow the party line.

I just hope we get a satisfactory outcome, for all parties, and soon. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here