• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People get so carried away with high xg stats.

xg is the same if the chance falls for Haaland or Lallana.
It's also the same xg if you're playing against Sheffield united or Arsenal.
We created great xg , by having 25 0.1 xg chances, falling to players who weren't great finishers.

The reason we didn't score many was because our play was so slow, it gave decent defences every opportunity to minimise the xg of our chances.

We only started scoring goals when we had Moises, Mac and Biss in midfield, winning the ball back and using it quickly, increasing our xg per shot.

The frequent frustration we felt was a direct consequence of Potter's style.
His big tactical insight was "hope we score from from an opportunity they opposition shouldn't concede."

No thanks.
Indeed XG needs more info to be useful. It needs to be given context by including the number of chances. Then you can see how good those chances were.

2.65/15 is not as good as 1.35/5 for instance.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The only reason the fanbase has been "very unified" in "the last few months" despite 1 win in 10, or whatever it was, is because it's been glaringly obvious that neither the manager nor the players nor the fans have given a single f*** about what we're doing on the pitch since we went to Rome and finished the season. Basically, unified in not giving a shit and the "benefits" of it are at best dubious.
It was actually, very unified, because they raised almost a thousand pounds to benefit two fans who had been stabbed, but you carry on talking shite about a club's fans, that in all honestly you have absolutely no idea about.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Talking about the "bad atmosphere that will come", "the toxicity that will happen" and so forth is the ballsless way of saying "I'm going to create a toxic environment against our team and manager if we appoint him". People need to man up. "It will be toxic" = "I will make it toxic".
Its not a law of nature to boo your own manager and make it difficult for your own club. Its a CHOICE.
Once again bizarre assumptions, I haven't at any point said I'd boo, but I know plenty who will because you know, I actually support this club and understand the fan base, as I go every week, and know a lot of people in the away end. But yes, I expect you know more from your keyboard.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Once again bizarre assumptions, I haven't at any point said I'd boo, but I know plenty who will because you know, I actually support this club and understand the fan base, as I go every week, and know probably most in the away end. But yes, I expect you know more from your keyboard.
Do not let him wind you up fella, he has an agenda.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You can stick your Graham Potter up your arse. (UP YOUR ARSE)
You can stick your Graham Potter up your arse. (UP YOUR ARSE)
You can stick your Graham Potter
stick your Graham Potter
stick your Graham Potter up your arse. (UP YOUR ARSE)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It was actually, very unified, because they raised almost a thousand pounds to benefit two fans who had been stabbed, but you carry on talking shite about a club's fans, that in all honestly you have absolutely no idea about.
Ah. I see. You unified the fans.

And a bit like the other lad believing he was the centre of the world, you fear that the evil, incompetent Tony Bloom will take that away from you.

(I'm genuinely happy it went well for you and that you handled it well, I felt nauseous and worried when I first saw the news about stabbings)

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I think the best way I could describe it would be underwhelmed. I don't blame Potter for one second for leaving us for Chelsea, he had already turned down other offers. What I would blame him for is the timing of the decision, 3 days after the transfer window shut, just as we'd got our squad set for the season. He could of used the mid-season World Cup break as the finishing point, if Chelsea had wanted him that much, which seemingly they did, it certainly could of been timed better, and perhaps not with the complete wholesale staff transfer to Chelsea. With regards all the "he never started Mitoma", neither did RDZ for the first few games, and in fact at the end of the previous season GP had stated that Karou was the player he was looking forward to working with most.

On the flip side of the positives is the awful home form, and long winless, non-scoring runs. There were so many times it seemed we played with no urgency. Although not 100% against him, or the idea of his return, I certainly can't say I support it either, and I could could never see the day he has/had or will have a connection with the fans that De Zerbi had.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ah. I see. You unified the fans.

And a bit like the other lad believing he was the centre of the world, you fear that the evil, incompetent Tony Bloom will take that away from you.

(I'm genuinely happy it went well for you and that you handled it well, I felt nauseous and worried when I first saw the news about stabbings)
What the f*** are you talking about in that respect, I couldn't care less if Andy got more attention, the fanbase outside of that has been pretty unified. With all respect its about time somebody gave you a ban again.

For what its worth Swansman, I don't think you are a bad person, I do think you don't have a clue about the club at all, but talk a lot on it. You'd learn a lot more standing in an away end talking to fans. To make this bizarre dig at me wanting to unify the fanbase, I really could not care less, I just enjoy having a fanbase on the same page, as it benefits the hobby we all live.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If he is appointed Bloom will introduce him and ask us to get behind him. So the two things go together, and like I say, I don't beleive the fans will go against Bloom.

A LOT will be said in press conferences and media interviews that will get 95% onside.
We shall see, I'm not sure it'll work. I'm open to a certain amount of change, I won't ever warm to him no matter what he achieves sadly, he's just not the sort of character I'd warm to.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I’d rather have Oscar Garcia back instead just so we can sing about sangria.
I look forward to having Jake Forster-Caskey back as an ever-present in the starting XI :lol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I may have missed something but has anyone with reputable sources actually said that we are even considering Potter? Personally I think it’s a case of us needing a manager and him being unemployed so assuming it must be true.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I may have missed something but has anyone with reputable sources actually said that we are even considering Potter? Personally I think it’s a case of us needing a manager and him being unemployed so assuming it must be true.
I think you are correct!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here