Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pope - Still at it.

Dandyman

In London village.
Is n't there a line that goes when the whitemen arrived we had the land and they had the Bible, when we opened our eyes again they had the land and we had the Bible ?
The soldiers and the scientists always go in first.

You can only take land by the barrel of a gun for the greater part.

My statement just reflects the words of a man who has been studying the AIDS epidemic in Africa and other poor nations around the world for over 30 years.

So you are incorrect about the bolded part.

The Scientists who has been collating information on this very subject have said as much.

In a case like this its not really relevant what you or I think, it's what this Dr's findings are showing that is the reality of the situation.

HIV in Kenya: Paying Ugandans to Transmit HIV

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's far from bizarre.

One only has to look at the devastating effect the European arrival had on South America.

Indigenous peoples of the Americas - New World Encyclopedia

So I think those people amongst the millions who died might think they weren't better off for the contact.

Has it not occured to you that Africans may have been in contact with the outside world prior to the large scale European Imperialism of the ninetennth century.You seem too have some racist view of Subsaharan Africans all sitting around in grass huts waiting for the white man to bring them fire. Try looking up the following

Mansa Musa and the Malian Empire

Great Zimbabwe

Islam in East Africa

Has it not occured to you that Africans may have been in contact with the outside world prior to the large scale European Imperialism of the ninetennth century.You seem too have some racist view of Subsaharan Africans all sitting around in grass huts waiting for the white man to bring them fire. Try looking up the following

Great Zimbabwe

Islam in East Africa

No - he's got a racist view of the British. Love the way it's our fault for our ancestors mistakes but not his ancestors fault for his own country's mistakes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You need to read before you make silly statements like that.

Uganda is one of the only African populations where it has a Catholic majority. It's also one of the best examples of an African nation reducing the incidence of AIDS.

Why? they followed the ABC principle.

The Catholic Church was part of this approach being devised and thus it DOES support using condoms if you cant follow the first two principles of the mantra.

HIV AIDS in Uganda
I'm well aware of the ABC prgoramme, could you substantiate your claim that the Holy Roman Church was involved in it's development and now supports it? That was not my understanding. That quote you posted there certainly doesn't support the ABC programme, which clearly goes hand in hand with the distribution of condoms.

What I don't get is this. They seem to think that the people are devout enough to keep the no-condoms bit but not devout enough to keep the sex-within-marriage bit.
How devout they are is not really the issue, it's a matter of (mis) education.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No - he's got a racist view of the British. Love the way it's our fault for our ancestors mistakes but not his ancestors fault for his own country's mistakes.

My ancestors didn't create the policy to send people to Australia.

So you're clutching at straws there.

And the British aren't a race of people, just like Australians aren't a race of people.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My ancestors didn't create the policy to send people to Australia.

So you're clutching at straws there.

And the British aren't a race of people, just like Australians aren't a race of people.

Ah, but the people who sent your ancestors down there were a race.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Great Zimbabwe

Islam in East Africa

I am well aware of the cultures that existed in Africa pre-European colonisation.

It was explorers from Europe who branded them as savages, not me.

Any where the Europeans went they looked down on other cultures regardless of their scientific accomplishments.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am well aware of the cultures that existed in Africa pre-European colonisation.

It was explorers from Europe who branded them as savages, not me.

Any where the Europeans went they looked down on other cultures regardless of their scientific accomplishments.

That sounds rather like the way Australians treated the Aborigines.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That sounds rather like the way Australians treated the Aborigines.

Indeed.

Though it began at the point of colonisation and the introduction of Crown authority.

The attitude towards them was passed down from generation to generation after that as the Crown law allowed it and supported it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Indeed.

Though it began at the point of colonisation and the introduction of Crown authority.

The attitude towards them was passed down from generation to generation after that as the Crown law allowed it and supported it.

Agreed but some of the Aussies I've met still make disparaging remarks about Native Australians. Also, if this country is so bad how come so many of the buggers come here ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Catholic Priests in Eastern Europe (Romania for example) are allowed to marry.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm well aware of the ABC prgoramme, could you substantiate your claim that the Holy Roman Church was involved in it's development and now supports it? That was not my understanding. That quote you posted there certainly doesn't support the ABC programme, which clearly goes hand in hand with the distribution of condoms.

I can substantiate it yes.

President Museveni encouraged input from numerous government ministries, NGOs and faith-based organisations. He relaxed controls on the media and a diversity of prevention messages spread through Uganda's churches, schools and villages.

The Catholic church is the largest in Uganda and worked with the government to to formulate a strategy as it would be through their schools the program would be taught.

The real problem is the Americans and their program PEPFAR, they preach abstinence but in their typical uncompromising American ways.

How devout they are is not really the issue, it's a matter of (mis) education.

I agree there's a lot of mis-education. Which is also an issue with condoms.

People are being taught if they wear them they are safe from anything and that's creating a false sense of security.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agreed but some of the Aussies I've met still make disparaging remarks about Native Australians. Also, if this country is so bad how come so many of the buggers come here ?

Of course there will always be numb skulls who make such remarks.

I've met Brits who can't stand the Pakistanis or Blacks in England.

Those kind of people are in every nation in varying degrees.

It's not the country that is bad nor the majority of it's people. it's as always mainly down to the actions of it's Governments or in some nations cases its Royalty.

And they go there for the same reason so many English come here, language wise it's an easy transition and it's a stepping point to the rest of Europe(or Asia in our case).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course there will always be numb skulls who make such remarks.

I've met Brits who can't stand the Pakistanis or Blacks in England.

Those kind of people are in every nation in varying degrees.

It's not the country that is bad nor the majority of it's people. it's as always mainly down to the actions of it's Governments or in some nations cases its Royalty.

And they go there for the same reason so many English come here, language wise it's an easy transition and it's a stepping point to the rest of Europe(or Asia in our case).

We've rather strayed off the point of this thread though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here