Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pope is about to die

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Ximinez Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no... amongst our weapons.... amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again. (exit and exeunt)
Reg I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.
Jarring chord. They burst in.
Ximinez Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - oh damn! (to Biggles) I can't say it, you'll have to say it.
Biggles What?
Ximinez You'll have to say the bit about 'Our chief weapons are ...'
Biggles I couldn't do that...
Ximinez bundles the cardinals outside.
Reg I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition..............

Last edited:

Apparently, and according to one of the big cardinals, he is dying as an offering, of a lesson to the people of the watching World. He is struggling on naturally without extra devices and all that is available to such an important figurehead, and intends to pop his clogs at God's will.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Catholic bishop I spoke to yesterday reckons Cardinal Murphy-O'Connor doesn't really have much of a chance.

Which is a shame, cos a Brighton-supporting pope would lead to a split loyalty or two on Nov 5 in Lewes...

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
He passed away. I hope his passing was peaceful.

Taking my kids to church now.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Although I am personally agnostic, I hope he found in death what he spent his life looking for and my sympathies to all catholics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here