Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pope is about to die

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On a human level he now has very little quality of life, so the sooner he dies the better for all concerned.

I think some people on here need to realise that there is very little any Pope can do to help the needy in this world.

He seems to have been a popular Pope who brought a lot of a happiness to people's lives, so fair play to the fella.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
What exactly do you suggest the leader of a church does to change all the wrongs in this world? Most Catholics (like myself to an extent) ignore the majority of the church's teachings. The position of Pope has very little power outside the administration of the Catholic Church.

For example, he constantly made his point against the war in Iraq, he even met with world leaders (such as Blair) to urge them not to go to war. But they decided to against his will.

What can the Pope actually do to change the evils in this world when 95% of it pays him no attention?

I personally think its very sad, although I do welcome the chance for a more liberal-minded and younger Pope to take over.

London Calling said:

I think Jesus will be stirring in his grave.

LC

This seems unlikely given that a) he was never buried, and b) he got up and buggered off after carking it.

ATFC Seagull said:
What exactly do you suggest the leader of a church does to change all the wrongs in this world? Most Catholics (like myself to an extent) ignore the majority of the church's teachings. The position of Pope has very little power outside the administration of the Catholic Church.

For example, he constantly made his point against the war in Iraq, he even met with world leaders (such as Blair) to urge them not to go to war. But they decided to against his will.

What can the Pope actually do to change the evils in this world when 95% of it pays him no attention?

I personally think its very sad, although I do welcome the chance for a more liberal-minded and younger Pope to take over.
well for one, he could have acted quicker and with purpose over child abuse by members of the RC. :angry:

He could have spoken out againgst the corrupt dictatorships in Latin America who were attacking his followers and attacking his Nuns, but no he was silent.:censored:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses

I personally think its very sad, although I do welcome the chance for a more liberal-minded and younger Pope to take over. [/B]

Not going to happen. Think back to John Paul 1. He "died" after only a few weeks into his papacy. He was talking about making big changes to the Church but that didn't suit the "powers that be" in the Vatican.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Originally posted by MYOB
Probably explains why I have as many if not more Celtic shirts than Albion ones, although the fact that they're also much cheaper helps.... [/B]

Not to mention that theres a Celtic shop in the Jervis Centre :lolol: :lolol:

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
He did not do enough to stop his minions diddling little boys.He left it to the local organizations to go bankrupt but made sure the cash settlements did not touch the Vatican Bank.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I couldn't help but smile at this mornings pope report. It said he was fading serenely. And there was me thinking he was dying.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
For a man who spent a great part of his life telling everyone that they would one day enter the wonderful world of heaven he seems fecking reluctant to go there himself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
H block said:
For a man who spent a great part of his life telling everyone that they would one day enter the wonderful world of heaven he seems fecking reluctant to go there himself.

You mean you can tell your body exactly when to die?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who'd be Pope? They work you to death.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Equally as pointless as each other too.

Probably as pointless as the job that I do but at least I can retire and enjoy my life doing what I want after retirement.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
Probably as pointless as the job that I do but at least I can retire and enjoy my life doing what I want after retirement.

But nowhere near the wealth of the Parasite Family-not quite anyway;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
But nowhere near the wealth of the Parasite Family-not quite anyway;)

I dont earn in a year what they get in interest.

Just a thought about the next pope when this one dies...

Has it occured to anyone that the next Pope could be a Brighton fan?

I've just read this on the BBS

but one of the men highly tipped to be the next Pope is Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor of Arundell & Brighton (spit) and by his own admission is a Brighton supporter

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Yorkie said:
but one of the men highly tipped to be the next Pope is Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor of Arundell & Brighton (spit) and by his own admission is a Brighton supporter [/B]

Wasn't there some suggestion that he has withheld information of child-abusing priests?

He's perfect. W

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here