Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Poll: Jim Gannon vs Paul Ince

Which

• Total voters

Gull face

Feb 23, 2009
It has to be Ince

Having followed lower division football for too long now, one thing I know is that Gannon is a moody prat. Ince has had a lot of success at this level, he's ambitious and could take us a long way, he won't make the mistake of going too high too soon again and he'll have learnt from his Blackburn experience, he'll also help to shift a few season tickets.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
same. if it was between those two then ince. I think there is a stupid lack of black managers in the football league and this should be addressed. Also more players would come to a team ran by paul ince than jim Gannon.

Are you suggesting we appoint a manager on the basis of addressing the lack of black managers in the football league ?

f*** what colour the next manager is - can he do a job is all I want to know.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Where's the 'they're both too good for us, so neither of them will join us' option?

Sadly I tend to agree with this. Would be nice to be proved wrong though.

I think Ince is most likely to go back into management at Championship level and apart from Stockport's apparent financial troubles, I wonder why Gannon would want to leave for a club in a relegation battle in the same division he's currently in ? They also have a 5yr plan at Stockport to get into The Championship that he might just like to see through at the club where the fans love him.

If I had to choose between the two though I would prefer Gannon.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Gannon.

Ince is too likely to be off at the slightest "anybody above Brighton wanna give me a 2nd go?" and though he did well at Macclesfield, I can't help feeling his success at MK was entirely down to being bank-rolled by Pete Waterman and co board members; and a new stadium. Think he'd struggle with us.

Jul 5, 2003
I have one problem with Jim Gannon. His name sounds far too much like the former Pala**e defender of the 70s and 80s. I can't even type his name out for fear of giving my compute a virus!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
That first picture of Ince is amazing:lolol:he gets my vote, just for that.

Gull face

Feb 23, 2009
What we mustn't lose sight of here is Ince is the better more inspirational manager who can attract players and Gannon is a bit of a nob.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Where's the 'they're both too good for us, so neither of them will join us' option?

Why too good for us?

You can guarantee that there will have been 40 to 50 applications sent to the club which would suggest that we are still a club people want to manage.

Even more so now with Falmer on the horizon.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gannon.

Over the past few seasons he's turned Stockport around from nearly being relegated out of the entire league to the top half of this division on f*** all money. He's got his pro licence and clearly knows his stuff. Get him in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't reckon it's gonna be either of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here