Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The police are useless

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You don't see the NSF using tear gas.

LOL too true. Our Paul was always a bit of a wishy-washy lefty though..

I tend to just stick with the prod, remember, we're police.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Take a conservative approach and they get lambasted for doing nothing. Go in hard and they'll be lambasted for taking out some innocent people along the way.

It's a no win situation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
trouble is nowadays is that the cops lack bravery. They happily sit in stab vests driving round giving tickets out for having a break light out, but when the real crime starts then they fade into the background.surely when you sign up to the job you know that you will encounter violence and that you are employed to stop this and protect the public which just isnt happening is it?

Will cheerfully sit here and accept many of the other points, albeit with a bit more of an inside perspective than you, but that point, sir, is a total load of old horseshit. Don't ever tell me I lack guts for my job: you have absolutely no idea what I've seen, done, or would be prepared to do in your name. There are some absolute idiots on this board (not specifically referring to the poster) and yet if it came down to it, I'd defend every last one of you to the best of my ability in whatever situation arose. I don't get to choose. Because that's my job. That's what I signed up for. And because I'm a decent human being at the end of the day.

Brave? What, sitting behind a keyboard telling me I'm spineless? Have a think about that for a second.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i agree, BUT on a night like tonight they need to act with force. they had no trouble smashing students with batons and gas so why not tonight?

the post you replied to gave you the answer, those in command are too hesitant. and you agree with this, in contradiction with you previous comment that "the cops lack bravery". suitable avatar name, though maybe i'll give you the benefit of the late hour.

Sep 1, 2010
Will cheerfully sit here and accept many of the other points, albeit with a bit more of an inside perspective than you, but that point, sir, is a total load of old horseshit. Don't ever tell me I lack guts for my job: you have absolutely no idea what I've seen, done, or would be prepared to do in your name. There are some absolute idiots on this board (not specifically referring to the poster) and yet if it came down to it, I'd defend every last one of you to the best of my ability in whatever situation arose. I don't get to choose. Because that's my job. That's what I signed up for. And because I'm a decent human being at the end of the day.

Brave? What, sitting behind a keyboard telling me I'm spineless? Have a think about that for a second.

Well said Edna. Here is hoping this calms down as soon as possible and does not spread down this way. Disgraceful scenes, i am truly appalled.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fool!

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I don't always see eye to eye with Edna, but on this occasion she is absolutely on the money. Maybe the politicians or commanders could give a far better lead mind you.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
trouble is nowadays is that the cops lack bravery. They happily sit in stab vests driving round giving tickets out for having a break light out, but when the real crime starts then they fade into the background.surely when you sign up to the job you know that you will encounter violence and that you are employed to stop this and protect the public which just isnt happening is it?

You get some crap posted on nsc but this is one stupid ignorant post

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure these coppers on the front line would happily go and kick the shit out of these kids but they can't. They are stretched to thin as it is and I suspect one reason is that if they cause a serious injury or even a death then the whole thing gets even worse - I dunno but I have sympathy for them (and the fire and ambulance guys) right now. I think if we've got any Army left we need to get them - won't do the reputation of our country any good but nor will this continuing and spreading

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

At the risk of making myself completely unpopular I kind of see where Windowlicker is coming from although I don't agree with the way he's chosen to express his view or the bit about not being brave.

I'll give an example ( and compared to what is going on in London it is a VERY minor example ). At the end of last year and the beginning of this our street was in terrorised by anti-social behaviour from local teenagers. Cars and property damaged, stones being thrown at houses and elderly people too scared to go out. This was happening at all times of day and night from groups of up to 20 strong.

I must of logged calls with the police over a dozen times. Each time giving my previous incidents reference so all the cases were linked. The only physical response from the Police ? To send a patrol van ONCE - and only then TWO hours AFTER the event !!!!!

Anyway, one night there was a loud crash on our bedroom window at 11 at night. I just snapped - got dressed and went out. My neighbour had also heard the crash and came out. A gang were going down the street egging houses. Most got away but we caught one of them - he must have been 16 or 17. We forcibly held him and told him exactly what would happen to him if we saw him in the street again.

Never had any trouble since. What we did was probably illegal and the police always say never to take the law into your own hands but with such weak policing there are only two things that can happen - deal with these idiots yourself and risk arrest or let the place descend in to anarchy. The police need to be more robust and reactive, if that means rubber bullets and the alike in London currently then so be it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If these were football fans rioting the police would wade in and sort them out in no time but because they are predominantly black inner city youths they will have to take the softly softly approach and have a chat with their community leaders first so as not to inflame the situation further. Total shit. I know there are white kids amongst them but a small percentage. And that c unt Theresa May has the gall to go on national tv and tell everyone that she is to meet with the police to make sure they have everything they need. Well they don`t do they. They don`t need 20% cuts across the board do they ? They need men on the streets protecting local residents and their properties and not just standing around with both arms tied behind their backs because that`s what their seniors think will work for now and then they can pick a few of the guilty up over the coming 12 months by sifting through CCTV footage. That`s not policing, that`s shite. Protect people now.

This is not a rant against black folk but against the authorities who are treating the rioters differently because of the colour of their skin.
Seeing that lad robbed on Ernest`s thread really brings it home to you just what scum they are............. deal with them accordingly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What do you expect them to do in that situation, some 12 police officers trying to control Clapham high street against several hundred yobs. What do you want them to do? You'd happily have them risk their lives would you?

The problem started earlier in the day. Had the hundreds of OB been a bit more proactive in Hackney and Lewisham and rounded up some of the 50 or so who were causing trouble there, they would've been able to deploy to other areas a bit quicker rather than just letting them get on with it.

I know for a fact quite a few of us on here have seen the Met in action first hand at Albion games, they love nothing more cracking a few skulls if they can get away with it. These "rioters" are not hardcore, they are just children who know theres nobody to stop them. The OB in their stormtrooper outfits could easily pile through this lot if the orders went in - if it was football fans they would do it in a hartbeat!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If these were football fans rioting the police would wade in and sort them out in no time but because they are predominantly black inner city youths they will have to take the softly softly approach and have a chat with their community leaders first so as not to inflame the situation further. Total shit. I know there are white kids amongst them but a small percentage. And that c unt Theresa May has the gall to go on national tv and tell everyone that she is to meet with the police to make sure they have everything they need. Well they don`t do they. They don`t need 20% cuts across the board do they ? They need men on the streets protecting local residents and their properties and not just standing around with both arms tied behind their backs because that`s what their seniors think will work for now and then they can pick a few of the guilty up over the coming 12 months by sifting through CCTV footage. That`s not policing, that`s shite. Protect people now.

This is not a rant against black folk but against the authorities who are treating the rioters differently because of the colour of their skin.
Seeing that lad robbed on Ernest`s thread really brings it home to you just what scum they are............. deal with them accordingly.

Have to say it, 'This'.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
As with the football fans example, the police were a lot more heavy handed when it came to the student protests, and the majority of them weren't even causing any problems. Is there any good reason why they're not taking action? Too many of them? Too spread out to contain them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here