Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The police are useless

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Tear gas, water cannon, horses, baton charges. Don't just stand by and watch. The Met have been shamefully ineffectual tonight.

Last edited:

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Can we afford to employ thousands of police in the unlikely event that this riot would happen. Will you pay for this? They are doing their best. What are you doing?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Can we afford to employ thousands of police in the unlikely event that this riot would happen. Will you pay for this? They are doing their best. What are you doing?

for god sakes that is what the police are paid for....why we pay council tax.....for them to protect....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Instead of all this emotive rhetoric, realise that law abiding tax payers will not allow this to happen again, particularly in the areas hit and it will be demanded of those that are supposed to protect us because I don't believe anything less will be tolerated now. It's not about immediate and direct action, because the way it is suggested, cop hits scum, scums hit cops, lots of blood and anger, things get totally out of control, whilst the majority of you guys sit in the safety of your suburban wonderland. No thanks, I don't want bloodshed half a mile down the road from me, I'd be more frightened if that were happening and I remember it vividly when I was caught up in the Brixton riots at the beginning of the 80's.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Instead of all this emotive rhetoric, realise that law abiding tax payers will not allow this to happen again, particularly in the areas hit and it will be demanded of those that are supposed to protect us because I don't believe anything less will be tolerated now. It's not about immediate and direct action, because the way it is suggested, cop hits scum, scums hit cops, lots of blood and anger, things get totally out of control, whilst the majority of you guys sit in the safety of your suburban wonderland. No thanks, I don't want bloodshed half a mile down the road from me, I'd be more frightened if that were happening and I remember it vividly when I was caught up in the Brixton riots at the beginning of the 80's.

I think if they had reacted a lot harder and faster after the first riot, I believe none of this subsequent lawlessness would have happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a nation we need to praise and respect the police not say they are useless,It is exactly this disrespect which allows this sh1t to continue

I have great respect for those officers on the streets tonight, they are in a nightmare situation. But they seem to have their hands tied, they're doing nothing to quell this and its only making the rioters and thieves bolder. They can see they're getting away with it.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Sadly they have been pretty useless tonight, not worthy of praise. Seems like their hands are tied for some reason.

They have not been effective, because they are not able to police because of red tape and fear, the police get criticised fro using 'too much force' enough is enough. Let them do their jobs, and tackle these scumbags!

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
trouble is nowadays is that the cops lack bravery. They happily sit in stab vests driving round giving tickets out for having a break light out, but when the real crime starts then they fade into the background.surely when you sign up to the job you know that you will encounter violence and that you are employed to stop this and protect the public which just isnt happening is it?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
trouble is nowadays is that the cops lack bravery. They happily sit in stab vests driving round giving tickets out for having a break light out, but when the real crime starts then they fade into the background.surely when you sign up to the job you know that you will encounter violence and that you are employed to stop this and protect the public which just isnt happening is it?

They can only do what they are commanded to do. The problem is a lack of direction given from the top; a lack of strategy, incredibly thin resources and failure to act quick and hard have led to this.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
What do you expect them to do in that situation, some 12 police officers trying to control Clapham high street against several hundred yobs. What do you want them to do? You'd happily have them risk their lives would you?

If it was to do with football, you my son would be sitting in the clink. They are scared to nick the enthnics as the police will be called racists. Send in the army...NOW !! Answer the questions later

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
They can only do what they are commanded to do. The problem is a lack of direction given from the top; a lack of strategy, incredibly thin resources and failure to act quick and hard have led to this.

i agree, BUT on a night like tonight they need to act with force. they had no trouble smashing students with batons and gas so why not tonight?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
i agree, BUT on a night like tonight they need to act with force. they had no trouble smashing students with batons and gas so why not tonight?

Well I completely agree - I am just saying the reason why the lads on the ground aren't acting is clearly because they've been told not to.

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010

You don't see the NSF using tear gas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here