Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pictures that prove we were robbed

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
what have the bbc said about it??

Quite obviously a wrong decision that the referee/linesman should never have made.

The handball wasn't obvious and even if the referee felt it was Elphick, it was never inside the box.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Let's chill, it's a long season and there are enough less than perfect refs to ensure that we'll get at least one dodgy decision go our way and give us a lucky win.

I guess the point is that we were seconds away from going 5 points clear in a division where the fancied sides might just be starting to warm up and where teams have dropped points to allow us to be top with a relatively low points total (after eleven games last year the top four teams all had more than we have now).

Just galling to be so near and to lose two points in such an unsatisfactory way so late in the game.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
While the linesman is evidently a complete twat and takes his part of the blame for this bent decision (and it is bent - we're talking WAY beyond the levels of incompetence here), it's the referee who has the final say. A linesman can assist a referee but he cannot over-rule him. The linesman told him it was in the box - but it's the referee who could and should have told him he was wrong, and stuck to his original decision.

Poor refereeing.

Thats really my logic too. Its not even like the stupid twat of a ref even questions the lino! Surely upon being told he'd got on wrong and that it was actually in the box he should have said to the lino 'so you're absolutely sure about this right, cos i was 5 yards away and you were 40 and i thought it was a free kick, you're ABSOLUTELY SURE right?' but he didn't, just wandered and took his duff advice without question!

(UNTS the pair of them

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've noticed this one-word answer in posts before; is it actually a hyperlink that my device can't recognize? If it's yet another misuse of the English language by the nation's youth, then perhaps one of them could explain exactly what it is supposed to mean.

Instead of constructing a sentence without any spelling mistakes , posting "This" as a one word answer is now considered a way of agreeing to a previous post. :thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The lino is approached by a Bournemouth player & is obviously swayed by what he is told. You can see the approach in the 2nd picture. Why the f*** he let a player from either team sway his decision is beyond me. He really does need to be sanctioned by the FA.

steve-c

did Gus really say this..............“He gave a yellow card,” said Poyet of this first controversial decision by referee Darren Sheldrake, “but for me it had to be red or nothing.
‘‘Earlier on, the same player had nearly killed our keeper by leaving his foot in. If I see someone do those two things, I send them off. But it looks like I am not a referee.”

i love Gus, he will say what he think's and is passionate about our team :albion1:

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
The linesman put his hand up to his right ear, which had the ear piece in, as though he was being told something and then started waving his flag ???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The linesman put his hand up to his right ear, which had the ear piece in, as though he was being told something and then started waving his flag ???

He wasn't told by the 4th official (I sit behind him) and he looked pretty bemused by it as well. The only tele was behind the home dug out and the only people to view it were the Sky blokes and a couple of the stewards and ball boys.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems to be a lot of crap on NSC today. Firstly, it wasn't a penalty because the incident happened outside the area. However, the referee is not in a position to look along the line of the edge of the penalty area so if his linesman says he saw it as being inside then he is not going to overide that. I go along with Bozza in the sequence in that the lino didn't realize immediately that the free kick had been given to Bournemouth and when he did he waved his flag and then held it across his chest. The referee is not going to know where the lino was at the time the incident occured so he wouldn't be aware that he was in the wrong position to call it as being inside. And let's be honest, even on TV, it wasn't immediately clear who had handled.

At the end of the day, we were robbed by poor officials and instead of being 5pts clear we are only 3.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Seems to be a lot of crap on NSC today. Firstly, it wasn't a penalty because the incident happened outside the area. However, the referee is not in a position to look along the line of the edge of the penalty area so if his linesman says he saw it as being inside then he is not going to overide that. I go along with Bozza in the sequence in that the lino didn't realize immediately that the free kick had been given to Bournemouth and when he did he waved his flag and then held it across his chest. The referee is not going to know where the lino was at the time the incident occured so he wouldn't be aware that he was in the wrong position to call it as being inside. And let's be honest, even on TV, it wasn't immediately clear who had handled.

At the end of the day, we were robbed by poor officials and instead of being 5pts clear we are only 3.

That is funny. People complaining we are top of the league :laugh: oh well, 3 points 5 points, the point is if we are going to be promotion candidates, we will continue to produce results and stay near the top all the way through. Despite this set back, we are top, and as long as wwe continue to win games, we will stay top :D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That is funny. People complaining we are top of the league :laugh: oh well, 3 points 5 points, the point is if we are going to be promotion candidates, we will continue to produce results and stay near the top all the way through. Despite this set back, we are top, and as long as wwe continue to win games, we will stay top :D

Funny! I quote, 'as long as we continue to win games'. Just to remind you that we have drawn out last two games from winning positions!!!!!

Also, the point is at the end of the season we may well need those lost two points. You don't get promoted by being top in October.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Funny! I quote, 'as long as we continue to win games'. Just to remind you that we have drawn out last two games from winning positions!!!!!

Also, the point is at the end of the season we may well need those lost two points. You don't get promoted by being top in October.

Yea, but we are unbeaten in 8 though, and it wasn't our fault we lost the two points yesterday, and Tranmere deserved a point...

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
I'm sure Gus mentioned "offside" in an interview on The Football League Show. Having looked at the footage of the incident Fletcher does appear to start his run towards the edge of the box from an offside position although it's difficult to tell whether or not he was at the moment when Bradbury lumped the ball forward.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In every professional football match in the UK, somewhere in the crowd sits a referee's assessor. So, two questions:
1/ does the Assistant ref (lino to us) fall in to this assessment?
2/ what is the process for when a ref makes such serious gaffs in a game?

Does he get hauled in to the FA to explain himself, does he get suspended, demoted, sacked?

If any of us screw up at work with such major public visability, I'm pretty sure we'd be out on our ear with a gross negligence P45. So what happens to refs?

I want answers, and I want them now ....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In every professional football match in the UK, somewhere in the crowd sits a referee's assessor. So, two questions:

Does he get hauled in to the FA to explain himself, does he get suspended, demoted, sacked?

If any of us screw up at work with such major public visability, I'm pretty sure we'd be out on our ear with a gross negligence P45. So what happens to refs?

If we take the penalty incident in isolation then the ref really didn't do too much wrong. He identified a handball and the only real criticism may be that that was a harsh call bearing in mind the jostling taking place. Once he had given a free kick to Bournemouth, he has no alternative but to take the advice from the linesman who told him it was inside. He is going to assume the lino had a better view along the line. The only way he wouldn't is if he was clear in his mind it was outside and his position would not have told him that. So, complete cock up by the lino. However, the rest of the refs' performance was clearly substandard.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

They get a sloppy wet kiss and another free trip to officiate over a hapless Albion!

It was like the three blind mice yesterday except they were a bunch of useless wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here