Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I inivited DTG on to add his input, the lines went ballistic so he didn't get much of a chance to have his say but he will be back very soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
Are you offering to pay for these two or three, or just simply guys that are floating about looking for clubs?

If I could afford to pay for them I would so we will have to take your 2nd option guys looking for a club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
If I could afford to pay for them I would so we will have to take your 2nd option guys looking for a club.

I thought you bagged the play-off money ?

Come on then splash that cash.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh YEAH that bloke who suggested getting rid of GOSBTS must be MENTAL.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
I couldn't believe that bloke, what does he want us to come out to instead YMCA?
How about Tom Hark, no one else uses that do they? :rolleyes:

Does he really think it makes that much difference anyway? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
Did you practice to be such a prick or did it come natuarally.

No just reminding you of possibly the most slanderous post ever but don't worry LI is a soul brother and he will back you up.

Last edited:

Beach Hut said:
No just reminding you of possibly the most slanderous post ever but don't worry LI is a soul brother and he will back you up.
I don't agree with what BG says most of the time but I will back him up against a bully, yes.

Withdean Wanderer said:
I swear to god that was suggested on here, that instead of Mike Ward they have a fan each week. In fact i am sure it was DTG specifically who was mentioned???
Guilty as charged.

:eek:

Lord Bracknell said:
I like Mike Ward, but I've still voted for option 4. By all means let's have SCR invite a fan on to the programme from time to time, but I'm sure there are many who could contribute just as much as Mike does.

Step forward Dave the Gaffer, for example.

Harty ... I own you.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Withdean Wanderer said:
that instead of Mike Ward they have a fan each week.
When's Kev on? :clap: :clap:

"Yeah, weren't a bad game, Harty. Not as interesting as feeding the ducks at Falmer with my mum though. Fancy a KFC, Harty? I get an employee discount...

Oh hang on..."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was a very interesting experience. I now understand why Danny baker was kicked off his...you really do have to bite your tongue when listening and harty does an excellent job at it.

As we know from here, there are a miriad of opinions ( all of them correct of course) and whilst you may not agree with them, people do have a right to air them. If you dont like it or disagree, then phone in and say so!

once you get over the nerves of being on there, you will be surprised how the brain kicks in and your thoughts can be put over.

With regards to teh Sussex By The Sea stuff, certainly this has been suggested before as it was said it was a dirge and irrelevant. IMHO GOSBTS is identfied with us....no-one else has it ( Tom hark is used at Middlesboro etc) Whe the whole crowd get it going like at Millwall, it does get the hairs up on the back of your neck.

Hudds tried to do " On Ilkley Moor Bar tat" once and it was just wrong as there are so many Yorkshire clubs ( most of them crap:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

The sage of football knowledge speaks

When you have ;

managed a senior tream, not an under 7s or whatever age

Turned down a managerial position that was subsequently taken by an England Manager.

Passed your FA Coaching and referees badges.

Acted as a scout for a League club.

Held every post in a junior club and been a County FA councillor, then perhaps you may be in a position to question my views or knowledge of the game.

What must be remembered is that football is a game of opinions and managers/coaches stand or fall by their opinions and because you do not agree with a suggestion does not make it wrong just open for debate.

My view is that this team contains, for whatever reasons, too many young heads and needs some more hardened professionals mixed with some youth. Failing which I believe that it will be a long hard winter. I do not believe that we will automatically be drawn into a relegation struggle because there are so many sides in this division as bad as us so hopefully we will win some games and obviouly lose some but gain enough points to be safe. Some of those players will be players who have been released by clubs and are not fixed up e.g Carl Asaba released by Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here