The Phone In

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
When you have ;

managed a senior tream, not an under 7s or whatever age

Turned down a managerial position that was subsequently taken by an England Manager.

Passed your FA Coaching and referees badges.

Acted as a scout for a League club.

Held every post in a junior club and been a County FA councillor, then perhaps you may be in a position to question my views or knowledge of the game.

What must be remembered is that football is a game of opinions and managers/coaches stand or fall by their opinions and because you do not agree with a suggestion does not make it wrong just open for debate.

My view is that this team contains, for whatever reasons, too many young heads and needs some more hardened professionals mixed with some youth. Failing which I believe that it will be a long hard winter. I do not believe that we will automatically be drawn into a relegation struggle because there are so many sides in this division as bad as us so hopefully we will win some games and obviouly lose some but gain enough points to be safe. Some of those players will be players who have been released by clubs and are not fixed up e.g Carl Asaba released by Millwall.
So with this wealth of experience, expertise and knowledge, how come you write so much drivel on such a regular basis?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
So with this wealth of experience, expertise and knowledge, how come you write so much drivel on such a regular basis?

He has a point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:

Again this is about opinions, sometimes tongue in cheek, but I cannot recall, perhaps you will, a matter of pure football tactics that you refer to as drivel that I have posted.

If you can I will willingly take up the matter in discussion with you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BG...you have every right to question the current regime, however sometimes it appears to some that you may be critisising for the sake of critisising. We all know you have issues with DK and the consortium led by him, but i think that it is time to let go mate and put those prejudices behind you. Life is too short to hold grudges ( I dont hold grudges, that is where I park my car...C/o Gary Player)

I think that is the issue.

dave

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dies Irae said:
BG...you have every right to question the current regime, however sometimes it appears to some that you may be critisising for the sake of critisising. We all know you have issues with DK and the consortium led by him, but i think that it is time to let go mate and put those prejudices behind you. Life is too short to hold grudges ( I dont hold grudges, that is where I park my car...C/o Gary Player)

dave

Spot on. It can get a little boring BG when your posts constantly hint towards some sort of anti DK agenda.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dies Irae said:

dave

I remember that Joke David.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This post was not about any grudges or views that I may or may not have towards DK. It was about a view that I hold based purely on the football as I saw it.

I believe that we need an injection of a couple of hardened seasoned pros as we have to rely on too many young players who I think are not yet ready for the step up to first team football.

I fully accept that the finances of the club may preclude us from being able to buy those type of players, but we are assured that is not correct, we can afford them. The alternative is to sign a couple who are not under contract to anybody and I just quoted Carl Asaba as an example of the type of player that may be available.

I am then confronted with attempted scarcasm about the play off money which I have explained to many and moved on from.

Am I not entitled to get annoyed?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course you are.

I think it may be that this argument has the overtones( rightly or wrongly) as you having a pop at DK. If it isn't then I would have thought people would happily apologise.

Your point is valid, Yes we do need two or three seasoned pro's to guide the youngsters.....unfortunately one of them made a horrendous challenge and we lost him for three games!!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
BensGrandad said:
This post was not about any grudges or views that I may or may not have towards DK. It was about a view that I hold based purely on the football as I saw it.

I believe that we need an injection of a couple of hardened seasoned pros as we have to rely on too many young players who I think are not yet ready for the step up to first team football.

I fully accept that the finances of the club may preclude us from being able to buy those type of players, but we are assured that is not correct, we can afford them. The alternative is to sign a couple who are not under contract to anybody and I just quoted Carl Asaba as an example of the type of player that may be available.

I am then confronted with attempted scarcasm about the play off money which I have explained to many and moved on from.

Am I not entitled to get annoyed?

Considering your alledged experience in the football world you seem to have neglleted two key issues :

1. Maybe we can't afford the wages of said 'free' players

2. Do the players want to come here ?

It's very easy to come up with so called easy solutions but you never mention the "hows" !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Westdene Seagull said:
Considering your alledged experience in the football world you seem to have neglleted two key issues :

1. Maybe we can't afford the wages of said 'free' players

2. Do the players want to come here ?

It's very easy to come up with so called easy solutions but you never mention the "hows" !!!

1. DK said that we were able to match Dichios wages but he didnt want to come here. So I would assume that an out of contract player would cost less in wages or even posibly the same.
2. If I was 32 years old and out of contract providing the accomodation situation was satisfactory I would sooner play for league team for another season than go non league or out of the game proffesionally.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the bottom line here is that in certain quarters, DK /MM et al are not belived when it was said that money was available and players didnt want to come here.

As we were used to Adams completely changing the majority of the squad, in far worst circumstances( ground wise) and people do not understand why people take one look and run.

Players being asked to drop down you can understand, but the bloke from Grays is a total mystery

BensGrandad said:
1. DK said that we were able to match Dichios wages but he didnt want to come here. So I would assume that an out of contract player would cost less in wages or even posibly the same.
2. If I was 32 years old and out of contract providing the accomodation situation was satisfactory I would sooner play for league team for another season than go non league or out of the game proffesionally.

Yes, but that's you, and I'm fairly certain that you aren't going to get a call any time soon asking of you fancy a trial.

Your condescending post listing just how much more experienced you are than the rest of us is a joke too. Alan Ball won the World Cup, something he likes to point out a lot too, but he still talks a lot of shit that no one wants to take any notice of. Why should you be any different?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Your condescending post listing just how much more experienced you are than the rest of us is a joke too. Alan Ball won the World Cup, something he likes to point out a lot too, but he still talks a lot of shit that no one wants to take any notice of. Why should you be any different?

If that is how it came across I must apologise but it wasn't meant as a knock at everybody by saying I am better than you it was aimed at one particular poster who tried to take the piss out of me. My point was that I have had a reasonable grounding of football so I am not a complete novice and most importantly I have an opinion, as does everybody else, and because a person says something that you do not agree with as regards football tactics that doesnt make them right or you wrong

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Last night, for about five minutes, SCR sounded professional and exciting to listen to when my old mate Ferret/RLZ/The Realist or whatever he's best known as these days and Ian Hart were having a proper, spontaneous, intelligent ding dong. It cut through the sea of dull amateurs the program is otherwise fronted by like a whiff of Calvin Klein in a fart factory...and it'd be superb to hear those two together more often.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I think it may be that this argument has the overtones( rightly or wrongly) as you having a pop at DK. If it isn't then I would have thought people would happily apologise.

What's wrong with anyone having a pop at DK? I've supported him 100% for years but this last week has had me raising an eyebrow - see ---> ???

:D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Benny Zamora said:
Last night, for about five minutes, SCR sounded professional and exciting to listen to when my old mate Ferret/RLZ/The Realist or whatever he's best known as these days and Ian Hart were having a proper, spontaneous, intelligent ding dong. It cut through the sea of dull amateurs the program is otherwise fronted by like a whiff of Calvin Klein in a fart factory...and it'd be superb to hear those two together more often.

that wasnt me was it???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here