Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Thread (14/10/06) With Dick Tight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder which two clubs were after Dean Wilkins to run their academies ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was accusiing Ian Hart of having the jumped-up sense of his own importance - not you.

It was a great opportunity - but there are Fans Forums where you can ask questions. You can even email the Club.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Complete Badger said:
Empire, for the first time tonight Dick admitted McGhee had lost the team. As he had lost the team and was falling out with players right, left, and centre, do you not think it's fair to say that THAT is the reason players would not sign for us? Players know about this sort of thing, let's face it, noone wanted to play for McGhee. I don't have any other complaint against the man, but he ballsed up big time by creating a dressing room that was impossible to join. THAT'S why he had to go! Just as you say you are not willing to go with what DK had to say, I say DK revealed enough tonight to prove what I always suspected right.
fair dos i know wher your comin from,just dont agree with the reason why players dont want to sign.we all want whats best for the club,me i wanted mm to stay,and the players that have caused probs i wouldnt want at the club if i was manager.,like mm didnt want in his team,and as far as i can see the ones that went were problems,even without hearing from insiders of the club.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
Was totally annoyed when he said about admiring Simon Jordan though.

Why?

He's a bit of a knob, granted, but he works his arse off for his club, and (generally) talks a lot of sense about the game at large. It's a shame he's at Palace, of course, but he's one of the better Chairmen in the league.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I don't get the "Knight must go" types. Is it lack of basic business knowledge? Which of these is closest to your idea of how a lower league club should be run:

1) Chairman/board spend all their personal wealth on the club, pissing away a few million each year. [You could call this the Chelsea model if you inserted "hundreds of" in front of million.] Or,
2) Club spends what it can raise through gate receipts, player sales from a successful youth system, etc. [The Crewe model say].

Just interested because there seem to be a lot of naiive comments that don't match the financial reality of a club with no ground.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Silent Bob said:
Coventry were one I believe.

understandable given MA

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Virgo's Haircut said:
"Baker is a slut"
No, i WAS a slut, in fact, i was a slut faced whore.:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Virgo's Haircut said:
Knight "There is money for players"

But he didn't say how much.

You can't buy a lot for £500 a week.

:(

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The Oldman said:
If that was a fans phone in I'll eat my hat. Harty shut up and take the fans calls

We put 11 callers to air and read out numerous texts but there were also questions that I wanted to ask him in addtion to various things he wanted to take issue with me over.

If you've got a problem with how I do things why not come out from behind your keyboard and host the show yourself........

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
I was accusiing Ian Hart of having the jumped-up sense of his own importance - not you.

It was a great opportunity - but there are Fans Forums where you can ask questions. You can even email the Club.

And the same goes for you, if your big enough to constantly bitch and back bite come up to the press box next Saturday and actually have the front to say it to my face.

smelly

May 23, 2004
Harty said:
And the same goes for you, if your big enough to constantly bitch and back bite come up to the press box next Saturday and actually have the front to say it to my face.

overtired!

The Complete Badger said:
I don't put that down to stadium, money etc. I put it down to Mark McGhee's man management problems and the atmosphere it caused.

Well, at the time, Dick Knight specifically went out of his way in the Argus to say that WASN'T the reason.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here