Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Thread (14/10/06) With Dick Tight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble with Falmer is when signed-off and agreed there will no doubt be a cost issue as the first plans were put together three years ago so costs will have moved on.

Mind you any decent business person should have taken this into account.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Complete Badger said:
McGhee tried and failed to get players in for 2 years. You can't excuse that based on RUMOURS of what Knight did for 1 day!
not a rumour then

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Sneaky George said:
For those of us who missed it - can anyone post a summary of what Dick Knight said please.

Falmer is the only option
Wilkins was shit 3 months ago, now he's great
Magoo was a goon
There is money for players
I'm off to Spain til May

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I listened to the last 20 minutes. We are lucky to have Dick Knight. Of course it would be better if he had Simon Jordan's money - but he loves our club. Any questions he answered clearly and the ill-thought out criticisms were shown up for what they were.

Up the Albion.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Complete Badger said:
I'm not blindly criticising McGhee. The ONLY reason I agreed with his sacking was that he couldn't sign players for the club. I remember in the summer of 2004 we were looking for a "target striker, creative midfielder, and a left-back." So, over two years later when he left, without signing ANY of those players, how can you say he didn't FAIL in the transfer market? [its been sauid time and time again why he couldnt sign,and just not on the last day,so i am not going to go their,my comment was because of what dk said on the phone in

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Dick Knights Mum said:
I listened to the last 20 minutes. We are lucky to have Dick Knight. Of course it would be better if he had Simon Jordan's money - but he loves our club. Any questions he answered clearly and the ill-thought out criticisms were shown up for what they were.

Up the Albion.

Yep, i'll go with that:clap: :clap: :clap:

Just a shame he couldn't have that extra half hour to discuss some of the points in a bit more detail, and to see what the callers on hold had to say! But how many chairman come on a phone in and answer anything that's thrown at them? Not many i suspect!

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Ernest said:
Well they shouldn't have been wasted on Stokes and Lowe and numbnuts if the loan becomes a permanent transfer it doesn't count in the quota.
Is your name Simon Jordan :salute: :salute: :salute:

Simon Jordon - the chairman most admired by Dick Knight.

At least these two mostly (no-one's perfect) talk sense.

:kiss:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Buzzer said:
Where were the big questions?

Why so many senile old codgers?

What a waste of time

Sorry - it is a public phone-in - if you don't like the profile of the callers - call in yourself.

Or do you think the chairman would simply be able to answer any issues raised .....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Also ............... he showed up the rubbish posted by Ian Hart about Dick Knight not appearing on the phone-in while he was doing it for the rubbish it was.

Talk about a jumped-up sense of your own importance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dick Knights Mum said:
Sorry - it is a public phone-in - if you don't like the profile of the callers - call in yourself.

Or do you think the chairman would simply be able to answer any issues raised .....

I WAS trying to phone-in....and I don't have a jumped up opiion of my own self-importance. Just thought it was a great opportunity missed here to answer so many of the questions that NSC has raised.

DK was allowed to wander off the point - to bluster and waffle and perhaps SCR could have checked what the callers were going to ask about to get a bit more representative opinion.

So there.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dick Knights Mum said:

Up the Albion.

Spot On:clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here