Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Passion Of The Albion

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville

27 years

Keith Dublin (for comedy value) and Nobby Horton

Promotion to old Div 2 (must have 88 or something. I got stuck on the spikes climbing over the fence from the North Stand. Ripped my jeans just by my left bollock.

Once you support the Albion thats it...for life.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
28 years
Peter Ward (1st ever hero), Modern day Bobby Zamora Legends:bowdown: :bowdown:
My first game i think V Walsall 7-0(Ward 4, Mellor 3)
Division 1, The 83 cup run, staying in the league and our two recent championships.

The Albion, Its a way of life

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley

sort-of-supported-as-a-second-side for almost 2 years

Bobby Smith

Sorry, has to be Peter Taylor's resignation, not for what it was but only because that was what greeted me on all the billboards and front pages on the afternoon I drove down here from London for a job interview, got the job that afternoon and felt, well, very happy to be moving down to Brighton. Since being here, though, have come to look forward to either a) promotion clinched this season and/or b) that long-awaited Falmer thumbs-up.
Watching Bobby Zamora's first (and unfortunately only) goal for Spurs was sweet too. And not just because it knocked West Ham out of a cup competition.

Last edited:

Ward, O'Sullivan, Stewart Henderson, Kit Napier, Sir Norman Gall, Willie Irvine, Zamo, Cullip, Ryan, Lawrenson

Cup Final and Swindon away on New Years Day (I can't remember the year - but 80's I think) Losing 4 - 0 and the ref abandoned the game because of the snow / rain ! That was funny!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed

Dad first took me to my first game when I was 4.

Zamora, Mayo and Brooker (go ahead point and laugh!)

Div 2 and 3 championships also beating Burnley back in the first Div on the first game, I felt soooooooo proud.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004

8 years

Paul McDonald

Doncaster home '97 - the relief when Storer scored, rarely have I heard a bigger cheer
Chesterfield home '01 - the whole thing, taunting the scummers, abusing Beckett, Danny's goal
Orient away '00 - after so long going there and getting whooped, beating them with two blinding goals, especially Bozzy's winner
Reading away was quite good, apart from Wendy f***ing Tom's nonsence ruling out of Harty's goal

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
17 years
Danny Cullip (then Byrne, McCarthy, Nelson, FDM and Chapman)
Gotta be Hereford. Also before Perborough away at the end of the div 2 championship year when about 4000 away fans celebrated as if a goal had been socred when the announcer said "and he's back....... number 25 Bobby Zamora"

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough

30 years

Peter Ward.

1980 (I think) V Southampton - 26,000+ in the Goldstone :cry:

1983 FA Cup V Newcastle, Norwich, Man City, Liverpool (A), Semi @ Highbury.

1991 V Milwall & Wendy's free kick (I was right in line in the North - I knew it was in the moment it left his boot)

1997 V Doncaster "STORERRRR.............STUART STOOOORRRERRRR............." :cry:

1997 V Hereford (even though I got a slap, kicked & gobbed on after the game)

Happy days

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

33 years

Tough call but probably Peter O'Sullivan

- Beating Aston Villa in 71/72 and watching it on MOTD
- The win against Luton in 72/73 which ended our losing run
- Mellor's late winner against Palace in 74/75
- The second half against Walsall in 76/77
- Watching us walk out at Wembley, massive lump in the throat

At Withdean
- Cullip's header against Chesterfield
- Steele's winner against Bristol City, miles offside, against the run of play. At that moment you just knew the God's were on our side.

34 years

Kit Napier, Peter Ward, B.Z.

Where do you start?....

Rochdale at home, 1972. 32,000 inside the Goldstone that night.
Newcastle away, 1979. The two cup ties against Liverpool, 1991.
Fans united day, Doncaster and Hereford, 1997. Chesterfield and Swindon at home, being awarded the championship trophies.

Although it may have been our lowest ever moment, watching Bellotti being chased out the West stand against Darlington in 1997 was a classic moment.

Last edited:

Grin

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes

First game in 1997.

Bobby Zamora.

Winning Division two,
Away at Ipswich and Reading last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here