Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Passion Of The Albion

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right, I want , your age, how long you have supported the Albion, your favourite Albion player and your favourite Albion moments ( as many as you like )

31 years

Steve Foster

FA Cup - Final 1983, FA Cup Semi Final 1983, FA Cup Round 5 V Liverpool 1983, Promotion to Div 1 1979, Hereford, V Doncaster, Div 3 Champions, Div 2 Champions

Praise the Albion.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
26 (almost 27)

as long as I can remember!

Steve Foster/Danny Cullip

Play Off semi v Millwall 4-1 at home

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion !.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

14 years (active)

Ian Chapman

Liverpool at home in the FA when John Byrne put us in the lead and i thought we were going to beat a team with Ian Rush, Barnes and other legends, the first leg wasn't too bad either.

I love the Albion, I do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

35 years

Peter Ward

FA Cup - Final 1983, FA Cup Semi Final 1983, FA Cup Round 5 V Liverpool 1983, Promotion to Div 1 1979, Hereford, V Doncaster, Div 3 Champions, Div 2 Champions, Boxing Day 1979.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

16 Years

Danny Cullip

Winning the Division 3 Championship. What a night!
Winning the Division 2 Championship, and celebrating afterwards with a bonfire in the middle of the road outside the station.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

18 years

Jimmy Case (40 years old and made it look easy)

Beating Luton 4-1 in the FA Cup at the Goldstone, Alan Curbishley scored an absolute screamer.
Beating Ipswich 1-0 in '91.
Division 3 Championship season.
Beating Reading 2-1 at the Mad Stad last season.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

30 years

Sergie Gotsmanov or Peter Ward

1983 Cup Final ( First game), Hereford, Liverpool away FACup run 1983, Coventry City away 1982 - Gordon Smith's hat trick to bring us level, Playoff game Millwall 4-1, best of all for sheer pleasure - last minute goal by Wendy vs Ipswich to get us into the play-offs

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
as long as can remember

peter ward

1979 newcastle promotion 1983 semi

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

18 years

John Byrne (1st spell)

Millwall 2nd leg, and Hereford.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade

5 years....

DC goal against Chesterfield....

4500 at Port Vale....

2 championships....

Hanging my Chanpionship Medal on my Wall....:clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

58 years (grandad took me as a two year old )

Peter O Sullivan

The match that got us promotion from Div 3 South into Div 2 for the first time. We beat Watford 6 - 0 and Adrian Thorne scored 5 goals. Lots of rumours about the match being fixed but as a 14 yeard old sat on the edge of the pitch in the East Terrace of The Goldstone that didnt matter to me. Yes they did allow the children to go over the wall and sit on the edge of the pitch . We arrived when they opened the gates 3 hours before the game to claim our spot.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

36 years - First game Torquay Utd 28/8/68

Favourite player Mark Lawrenson and Peter Ward although I did admire Paul Clark and Peter O'sullivan.

Of the current crop it has to be the inspirational legend that is Danny Cullip with special mentions to Bobby Zamora and Kerry Mayo cos I sponsor his kit.

Favourite moment - bloody hell.

Newcastle away in '79 was unbelievable. FA Cup semi final was incredible - f*** ME we're in the BLOODY CUP FINAL!!!!!

Recently Chesterfield to win Div 3 but Port Vale away the following season was incredible because the whole day was just the most brilliant experience and because i've got all the best bits on video and because my family were there to share it.

Supporting Brighton and Hove Albion is right up there with the pleasure and pain you get from your family.

As Chapman says, I bloody love The Albion, i do.

20 years

Steve Penney or John Byrne.

Best moments - Ipswich game to get us in the play offs, play off semi win at the Goldstone, play off final (still a great day out). Bizarrely, a 5-4 defeat for the reserves against Arsenal at the Goldstone with Ian Wright scoring a hatrick on his debut for them - an absolute belter of a game! 1-1 raw with Man U at the Goldstone in their 1st Prima Donna League Championship Season (Matty Edwards 67 mins from a Chappers cross I recall!). Shrewsbury away when we lost 3-0 r 3-1 after we had already won the l;aegue - amazing day out, incredible atmosphere. Bryan Wade's 4 goals against Newcastle. Doncaster at home with Storer's goal. Listening on the radio as a poor tax dodger to the Hereford game and going mental in town all night having beers bought for me by random Saints fans, who had stayed up on the same day. etc etc could go on forever.....

Too many great memories. I bloody love this football club!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Kit Napier/Peter Ward

FA Cup 4th round v Chelsea 1967, FA Cup - Final 1983, FA Cup Semi Final 1983, FA Cup Round 5 V Liverpool 1983, Promotion to Div 1 1979, Div 3 Champions, Div 2 Champions

The Albion is as much a part of home as Sussex is.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
by the way did I tell you I love this club!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here