Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pandorica Will Open....

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When I heard that this week, it made me think the exact opposite.

Just seemed a very strange time to announce that when the series was bound to end with them in very real danger, and realistically the ONLY time in a series that the assistant or a Doctor may actual die / regenerate.

My immediate thought was, red herring, and she's looking in a bit of bother at the moment.

That was my hope. But, I also think they weren't entirely sure that Matt Smith and/or Karen Gillan would work out, so they only signed them for one season, and now it's almost over they have decided the show was successful enough to continue with them, and the announcement is being made now because the deals have only been struck now.

Still, apparently Liam Neeson signed on for three Star Wars films. Or so my friend's ex-boyfriend told me when there were rumour qui gon would die in phantom menace and he didn't want them to be true (I think more because he wanted to be unspoiled than any great affinity for liam), so who knows, perhaps it still is a red herring, and she has signed on to let her death scenes be re-used, or perhaps she will be in flashbacks, or she'll be taken away and finding her will be a big motivation for the doctor going forward.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
According to the Mar/April DWM the second series with Mat and Karen was commissioned before the series even aired.

I think Matt is on a 3yr contract. Not sure about Karen tho.

Oh and as for the masters ring it was clearly explained who took it as it had some of his dna or whatever to bring him back as he had a cult following and the master being the master prepared for his death/resurrection.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3562792 said:
The voice was.........

Paul McGann.

You heard it here first.

i think i would actually wank myself silly if that was the case

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3562792 said:
The voice was.........

Paul McGann.

You heard it here first.

I think I just shit myself

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A friend just highlighted to me a couple of lines from previous in the series:

"Amelia Pond, there's something you better understand about me, because it's important, and one day, your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box"

[yt]bHD0iTeJDgQ[/yt]

"Didn't anyone ever tell you there's one thing you don't put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never ever put in a trap... me"

[yt]Pb83Xh0t9wI[/yt]

So clever. I love moments like these that hint at something later to come.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bit disappointed with that.

LOVED the time travel stuff. First half of the episode was superb.

Fizzled out though. Shame.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Another Peter Pan ending.

I do believe in Fairies, I do, I do.

*Boom* magic reset switch.

Poor.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
same old same old - good start coupled with the excellence of last week, followed by a shit sentimental ending where everyone returns to normal and nobody remembers what happened

interesting pointers to what might happen in the next series though - river songs comments about him finding out soon who she is, and that the reason as to why the tardis is getting drawn to amys house still hasnt been solved

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Another Peter Pan ending.

I do believe in Fairies, I do, I do.

*Boom* magic reset switch.

Poor.

Indeed.

Throw in the fact that there have been so few episodes that have been totally brilliant, plus the lack of anything particularly big happening (have they already brought back every decent enemy?) then it sums up this series for me.

Promised much, but didn't really deliver.

Shame really - can't even blame it on the change of Doctor (Smith has made a pretty solid start!)

Still, I guess it's only disappointing because of the previous high standards they've set. If it wasn't for that, I'd still think it was excellent TV. Certainly better than most things that are on.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Looks like a 2 series arc doesn't it. Lots of questions about why all of that happend in the first place to be answered in the next series I think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked it. Back when they introduced the idea of time being re-written (in the weeping angels episode) I assumed there would be the reset, everyone lives happily ever after kinda deal, so that didn't annoy me.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think River Song is The Rani

After that episode, this looks more likely than ever, unfortunately. Can't really see the point of The Rani but there you go......

Still, at least I can still hope Omega is the BIG big bad next season :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Someone mentioned some theory about there being two Dr's, as he keeps changing the colour of his tie between scenes, blue to red, red to blue?!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I remembered why I tuned in now...

karen-gillan.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here