Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PA System

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
the noise level seemed better Saturday and the atmosphere was fantastic. The only thing I would say is on the WSL you couldn't always hear what Richard was saying ie his words weren't that clear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mrs St here, our kids aged 5 and 6 were fine with it and loved the music too for a little pre kick off dance. Even they could hear when to switch to a chant and loved to join in with that too. My daughters (5yrs) complaint being "they haven't sung super Brighton yet Mummy", not sure about her throwing herself into a round of "sit down shut up" though she is bossy enough already !

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At least they don't play Tom Hark when the team scores like they seem to do at almost every other ground nowadays.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I liked Praise You at the end. Thought it was fitting.

Wasn't so keen on the pre-match music, which appeared to have been taken from the Best Generic Happy Clappy Football Ground Anthems In The World Ever CD, but hopefully it was just a one off for the first game.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Wasn't so keen on the pre-match music, which appeared to have been taken from the Best Generic Happy Clappy Football Ground Anthems In The World Ever CD, but hopefully it was just a one off for the first game.

Sadly, I suspect what we got on Saturday will be standard pre-match fodder from now on. Inoffensive, but nothing special.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Seemed fine to me. Would rather that than not being able to hear the bloody thing at all.

That is not the choice though is it? It's not on or off.

Personally, I was ok with it, but I could very well understand that it was too loud for some. Nothing dramatic, but maybe knock it down a notch or two.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I rarely find anything too loud, but the PA is set too loud for me.

I don't remember it being too loud when I was in the North for the SSCF
But I was in the WSU and WSL for the last two games, and I found it too loud. It would still be effective if they turned it down just a little, we'd still hear it clearly.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I thought the volume was perfect. Helped hype the crowd up to fever pitch. Keep it this way for all future games please...

Sep 1, 2010
That is not the choice though is it? It's not on or off.

Personally, I was ok with it, but I could very well understand that it was too loud for some. Nothing dramatic, but maybe knock it down a notch or two.

No it is not the choice, but i never said that did i? but like i said before, The sound level is a matter of opinion it is never going to please everyone

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
They'll get it right, it was the first full attendance and bodies soak up the sound more than empty seats so I expect they over compensated and cranked up the sound! Praise You at the end was a brilliant touch, I think we should start singing it personally!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought 'Praise You' was superb. Would love to hear it every time we win, with everyone clapping in time it would be mustard.
To me that is exactly the same as music after goals - playing songs to 'help' with the celebrations. I would personally HATE to hear everybody clapping along (not least because the song is shit), but there you go, it's personal preference.

EDIT: And I appear to be in a minority, fair enough.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
the noise level seemed better Saturday and the atmosphere was fantastic. The only thing I would say is on the WSL you couldn't always hear what Richard was saying ie his words weren't that clear

That is what I thought but told on here by people just a few rows away that it was perfect. I thought it was distorted which not being clued up put it down to being too loud.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Sound was fine, The announcer was a bit shit though, although last i heard it was going to be Jack the lad (****) so it was a bonus it wasnt him.

Music wise before the game it did seem a bit generic.

it would be nice if we could play a rew local bands songs pre build up and more generic shiz for kids and familys, then 3 or 4 songs the same each week for kick off.

maybe somthing like

right here right now
the song from kill bill (playoff final song)
(other)
SBTS.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As a one-off, I thought it was pretty great with the all the pre-match stuff and Praise You at the end

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To me that is exactly the same as music after goals - playing songs to 'help' with the celebrations. I would personally HATE to hear everybody clapping along (not least because the song is shit), but there you go, it's personal preference.

EDIT: And I appear to be in a minority, fair enough.

But after home league games, what are the celebrations? Everyone cheers when the whistle goes and applauds the players as they clap a couple of times before trooping off. Then everyone wanders off chatting.

It's not like a Cup Final or decisive game where the players dance around in front of the fans for ages. I agree sometimes in those cases that loud music is annoying.

I think for a bog standard match the idea of fans singing the players off to the pitch with the start of Praise You and a few rousing 'Seagulls!' is much better than what would happen otherwise.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I liked Praise You at the end. Thought it was fitting.

Couldn't agree more (& I'm glad it wasn't just me). I thought it sounded pretty naff & unnecessarily loud - although in fairness it did seem to go down well with the majority of supporters. Who was the shouty bloke doing the Dave Doubledecks routine? He must've thought he'd died & gone to heaven. Still, at least there wasn't any sodding 'goal music' to put a dampener on our mentalistic celebrations (although I can see that changing in time tbh). I think I'm finally starting to feel my age... :shrug:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
but at times it did feel a little bit TOO much like a North Korean political rally.

My brother in law made the same comment (although even he will admit he enjoyed it).

Say what you like about those North Koreans - they sure know how to party. Only when we get asked to hold up boards which make up the face of our dear leader will I think we've gone too far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here