Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PA System

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Reading comments on here, I can see I am not the only one who thinks it is far too loud...in fact, loud enough to spoil one's enjoyment of the day. I know they are trying to ' work the crowd up ' but it is deafening at times.
A friend took his young son to the game and the boy found the sound too much. He has told his Dad he doesn't want to go any more.
These fans are our future.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I felt, in WSU, it was just about right volume-wise. The build-up was a bit corny, but made for an epic atmosphere!

It was a pity after the game, when the crowd were in full voice that they put the music back on do early, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

---
- <font size "1" face="Courier New">Sent from my iPhone usnig my fat fingers.</font>

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just by way of feedback in case the Albion read this thread: Loud but not too loud for me - but I can see your point. I was very impressed with the volume and the quality of the sound actually. Maybe I've been too used to The Goldstone/Withdean - but the new PA sure is an effective system.

D

Deleted User X18H

Perfect volume we are a football not stamp club

Audible at Hollingbury Golf Club and Asda apparently!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Reading comments on here, I can see I am not the only one who thinks it is far too loud...in fact, loud enough to spoil one's enjoyment of the day. I know they are trying to ' work the crowd up ' but it is deafening at times.
A friend took his young son to the game and the boy found the sound too much. He has told his Dad he doesn't want to go any more.
These fans are our future.

Good grief. How old was his son?

Sep 1, 2010
Seemed fine to me. Would rather that than not being able to hear the bloody thing at all. Added to the cracking atmosphere as far as i am concerned

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Seemed fine to me. Would rather that than not being able to hear the bloody thing at all. Added to the cracking atmosphere as far as i am concerned

Same. Certainly pumped all of us for the occasion. I can understand if little ones got a bit frightened. Maybe the dads can buy some earplugs for them for the next game!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Same. Certainly pumped all of us for the occasion. I can understand if little ones got a big frightened. Maybe the dads can buy some earplugs for them for the next game!

When the crowd roared it made far more noise than the PA - I now know what ringing in your ears means. It was stunning. I suspect that little kids (I saw what must have been a three year old being xcarried out at one point) might have been anxious because of all the noise and the heaving crowd etc etc - not just the PA.

Sep 1, 2010
Same. Certainly pumped all of us for the occasion. I can understand if little ones got a big frightened. Maybe the dads can buy some earplugs for them for the next game!

Well, if the kids found it a bit loud, i would suggest it is a matter just getting ued to it, the 'New' generation have either never been and will soon soak it up or are just used to the wimper of the Withdean. The place absolutle rocked on Saturday and this was partly due to the PA system revving people up to sing their heart out. My voice was in a poor state yesterday

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Was a bit loud for me and I'm at the front of the WSU. At half time we couldn't have a conversation without shouting into people's ears but it's better than not being able to hear it at all at Withdean!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Too loud in my opinion for the majority of time but immediately prior to the game, say the ten minute spell of flag-waving, it was just right. Really helped whip up the crowd.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
THE PA and volume was spot on.

After 12 years of no atmosphere at Withdean, that was perfect.

What a day ( and tell the kid to buy some ear plugs !)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought it was a bit loud at the start, and a bit too much top end. I think it has a role to play in building up the atmosphere, but at times it did feel a little bit TOO much like a North Korean political rally.

Also like Titanic I didn't like the fact that at full time we were all happily celebrating and then we were drowned out by the PA playing that dirge-like 'Praise You'. At least goal music tends to be uplifting and jolly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I felt, in WSU, it was just about right volume-wise. The build-up was a bit corny, but made for an epic atmosphere!

It was a pity after the game, when the crowd were in full voice that they put the music back on do early, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

---
- <font size "1" face="Courier New">Sent from my iPhone usnig my fat fingers.</font>

Agree with all of this, was daft that they drowned us out at the end!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought the pre-match build up was absolutely spot on and made the occasion. The volume was perfect also

No goal music which was a bonus but i do agree that the music shouldn't kick in straight after the match.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Yeah, I'm nearly an old git but I thought it was fine. I couldn't actually hear the interviews on the season review as it was too echoey but the audio was fine. I'm near the fornt though so maybe it depends on where you sit.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought the pre-match build up was absolutely spot on and made the occasion. The volume was perfect also

No goal music which was a bonus i but do agree that the music shouldn't kick in straight after the match.

Yep agree this and others saying the same

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Also like Titanic I didn't like the fact that at full time we were all happily celebrating and then we were drowned out by the PA playing that dirge-like 'Praise You'. At least goal music tends to be uplifting and jolly.

I thought 'Praise You' was superb. Would love to hear it every time we win, with everyone clapping in time it would be mustard.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I thought it was a bit loud at the start, and a bit too much top end. I think it has a role to play in building up the atmosphere, but at times it did feel a little bit TOO much like a North Korean political rally.

I imagine they put it on to say 'We've come a long long way together . . .', maybe a thankyou to the fans?

Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, I'm nearly an old git but I thought it was fine. I couldn't actually hear the interviews on the season review as it was too echoey but the audio was fine. I'm near the fornt though so maybe it depends on where you sit.

Agreed. I am H block WSU half way back and it seemed spot on to me. Never going to be perfect for everyone i guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here