Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Let's put Lord B's comments into context. Firstly, there are a number of employees at the club who are part of the old guard from the Dick Knight days who are not happy that Bloom ousted DK and are also not happy that the club is being managed and run less like a church committee and more like an efficient, modern and expanding business.

Barber is Bloom's man, of that there is no doubt. Every decision Barber makes is sanctioned by TB. That explains a lot of resentment. Also, Barber is working flat out to make the club self-sufficient and within FFP. Even in our first year at the Amex there were huge losses made. Barber is trying to stop this and staff who were used to relatively free reign on spending are now being asked to justify every penny. Bloom was livid with the way the club was continuing ro be run and ditched Brown in favour of a CE that was strong enough to change the culture. Another cause of resentment.

Poyet's always moaned about budgets, lack of funds etc. he seemed to expect Bloom to be like Abramovich and operate on an open cheque book policy. Bloom has repeatedly told him that he must operate within the budget. Barber's job is to ensure this occurs. Given Poyet's views and his character he would clash with whoever is Chief Exec. Granted, Poyet and Barber fell out at Spurs but it's up to both if them to behave in an adult manner and bury personal differences and act in the best interests of the club. I can't comment on whether either of them has done so behind closed doors but publicly Poyet has repeatedly allowed his ego to put himself above the club. I don't think it's particularly fanciful to speculate that Poyet would have problems with whoever was Chief Exec, especially one who has FFP as a legal requirement.

This anti-Barber campaign is so misguided because it's futile, Barber is Bloom's man and if Barber did go then the next CE would have to make the same decisions because of the need to be self-financing and within FFP.

So true, there was always going to be a fall out from the DK/MP days. Like changing from a village fete to a Tesco superstore and some are unable to move with that

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think now that there will be a parting of the ways "by mutual consent".

We will never be officially told what's gone on but the club will just issue a carefully worded statement to tell us. Then give it a couple of days after that, and our new manager will then be announced.

I would hope something happens by the end of this week. I really don't want this to drag on much longer.

p.s I am not in the know, just my take on it all.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

We will never be officially told what's gone on but the club will just issue a carefully worded statement to tell us. Then give it a couple of days after that, and our new manager will then be announced.

I would hope something happens by the end of this week. I really don't want this to drag on much longer.

Pretty much sums up what I was thinking.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I completely agree - i hope that a club comes in for Poyet agrees a compo fee and the "mutual consent" line is trotted out. I doubt we will ever know the full extent of what has happened unless this went to an industrial tribunal - which i am sure both side would want to avoid as neither would want to air their dirty laundery in public. (No inferrrence to poohgate there)! I hope like you that this ends quickly and we can move on a very sorry end to a great season and a shame of poyets tenure to be tainted like this.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

You could well be right as this would be the only way to ensure it doesn't drag on to the detriment of the club. This, however, would have to assume that GP had decided that he had no claim for unfair dismissal and was happy to go without payment of his contract and TB was happy not to receive any compo from GP. The only other scenario that would end it quickly in my opinion is if a club took on GP and paid up the comp owing to us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Then give it a couple of days after that, and our new manager will then be announced.

That my friend is wishful thinking, I feel there are far too many managers out of work all jossling for a few prime positions at the moment even if we have targets we will not be the only ones after whichever target we go for. This could well drag on for a month and that would be just agonising on NSC....

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Was that all? There was nothing written on the wall?

The first reports that I read stated spread over the walls, now in the media reports appeared to have been scaled down to a pile on the floor.
I am expecting this to be scaled down further, to a PLASTIC joke turd.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Poogate is not that serious. Someone did a poo on the floor. The club apologised, Palace accepted the apology, the club will deal with how it happened, and that's it. Of course it's in papers, it's a funny story, but no one got hurt, it's not a big deal.

Lot's of good points. I was on the Gus bus, I enjoyed the ride, but now I'm back at port, on the TB ship. If Barber is Bloom's man, then he's my man too. Whatever TB says goes as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Fans often like someone to blame.

He didn't have a part to play in him being fired - Poyet was fired because Spurs had their worst ever start to a league campaign, despite having fairly decent players. The manager had to go, so obviously his team went with him. Barber would have had no choice in the matter (he may have got to write the letter though).

Have to agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here