Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The only downside is .....

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
The more we keep winning like this, the more I am going to worry about losing the main man.

A mate of mine is an Arsenal fan and he just text me and said he wants Wenger out and Poyet in. Would never happen but he will now start being linked with some BIG clubs if we keep this up. :angry::angry::angry:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I think we just hope that he only wants to go to a big club (i.e. top 6 prem) and he is too inexperienced and unknown to go to a club of that size. By the time he is a bit more of a known quantity we may well be in the prem and the move will hopefully be less appealing. The new stadium couldn't have come at a better time because it kind of binds super Gus to the club a bit!

D

Deleted member 18477

This is the gus bus were talking about. It'll only stop and let him off once the premiership has been done! Hes young remember, he has a lot of years to go to these 'big clubs'.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gus wont go, hes started something here and you can tell he wants to finish it, and thats to get us into the premiership

Agreed, he wont walk away from all the hard work he has done within the club, development squad etc. he has built this team and will not walk away from it now its forfilling its potential

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Gus is young and has time on his side. He's got a great project here, and will want to go as far as he can with Brighton. The fact he's now been allowed to oversee all parts of the football club and bring in his own people (with Stephenson etc. leaving recently) means that he is preparing to be here for the long haul IMO.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I want him to give us this full season at least,...... then I wouldn't have any hard feelings if he went to one of the top 6 clubs in the prem, but I would be upset if he went off to one of the prem 'also-rans',... that would piss me off big time.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gus has said that, baring the obvious teams like Chelsea coming in for him, he'd stay as long as the club and himself are moving forward. Things like the capacity increase to 30k and planning consent for the new training facilities could all play their part.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He would walk for a top 10 premiership club.
I don't think he would, you know. I would agree that he would go if one of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and possibly Spurs came calling, but after that you're looking at no guarantee of Europe or silverware, and possibly a crap board to work under.

I genuinely think he'll stay here this season, and if he still sees potential in the side next season, he might stay for that too unless one of the above comes calling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4313264 said:
Gus is young and has time on his side. He's got a great project here, and will want to go as far as he can with Brighton. The fact he's now been allowed to oversee all parts of the football club and bring in his own people (with Stephenson etc. leaving recently) means that he is preparing to be here for the long haul IMO.

That is my view

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
While we were winning League One we were always a little "under the radar". If we are challenging for promotion again this season Gus will be linked with other clubs. It is unavoidable. He is going to face temptations further down the track. What makes me think he will stick around a while longer yet is the fact that he has a project in place and a chance to stamp his authority on every level at the club. Tony Bloom has shown a lot of faith in Gus and given him his first break in management. That faith should go a long way to keeping him at The Amex a while longer yet.

He'll go eventually, as the offers will become too large to ignore, but I don't see it happening this season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is the gus bus were talking about. It'll only stop and let him off once the premiership has been done! Hes young remember, he has a lot of years to go to these 'big clubs'.

He's nine years older than the present Chelsea manager ...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
When/if he does go who the hell could we find to replace him?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I don't think he would, you know. I would agree that he would go if one of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and possibly Spurs came calling, but after that you're looking at no guarantee of Europe or silverware, and possibly a crap board to work under.

I genuinely think he'll stay here this season, and if he still sees potential in the side next season, he might stay for that too unless one of the above comes calling.

Lets hope so mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here