Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** the official what time did you get home tonight thread ***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Left at final whistle, got the Mithras house P&R home at 10.50, would have been about the same as a late game at Withdean. Buses were slightly better organised last night, may need better steward instructions and better signage. However once the bus is full they get them out very quickly.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Left at 115 mins, straight onto P&R bus to Mithras House. Departed stadium as soon as full and no problem getting out of Mithras car park. Drove back up to Coldean Lane, over the hill and straight onto a clear A27. Back in Shoreham for 22:50, exactly the same time I got home from Gills when using the train.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
11.20pm - after catching the 10.40pm train to Lewes - no sweat, and a nice empty carriage.

p236400794-4.jpg

Whatever happened to the "limited capacity on trains in all directions"?

I've posted my thoughts about this, here:-
Passenger management at Falmer Station

I was in that carriage! Trouble is, people were told to move down the platform and just stand where they are like sheep!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Left at 115 mins, straight onto P&R bus to Mithras House. Departed stadium as soon as full and no problem getting out of Mithras car park. Drove back up to Coldean Lane, over the hill and straight onto a clear A27. Back in Shoreham for 22:50, exactly the same time I got home from Gills when using the train.

Why did you leave 5 minutes early for the P&R when you were only going back to Shoreham ??
You could've missed pens or ANYTHING

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Left at end of game. Parked at Mill Rd P/R much improved organisation for buses, got to car at 10.50pm. Back in Swindon for 1.00am with a coffee stop at Reading services

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
I had to leave at half time during extra time...
got thr train frm Brighton to London Victoria at 10.19pm
tube to St. Pancreas Int
train from St. Pancreas to Bedford
arrived at Bedford 1.10am
tucked up in bed by 1.30am

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Why did you leave 5 minutes early for the P&R when you were only going back to Shoreham ??
You could've missed pens or ANYTHING

Because I had my 8 and 5 year olds with me, had not used P&R before and didn't want to be stuck around for hours queuing for a bus. Plus I had every confidence in the result. That OK with you?!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Walked down Lewes Road after whistle to pick up one of the empty 49/49a Bevendean buses. It's about half an hour walk. Back in Central Brighton about 11.40.

Good to have a bit of a walk after the match. Helps to get the adrenaline back to normal levels. Quite a few doing the same.

Thats fine as long as it isnt PISSING down!!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would if I could but I am disabled and have no option - would love to be able to walk to the P&R or use the train - its no fun being in a wheelchair - might I suggest you try it!

No I believe you, club is still trying to get a lot things right with the disbled parking one of them sounds like at least you got one close by, in your experience what away clubs have got it right for wheelchair users and what could the club learn from them.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
No issue with trains. Ran well. Annoncement during game was ridiculous though and created panic

I must admit, I found that announcement a bit strange. Kind of forcing people to make a difficult choice about leaving early. I cycled, for the first time from the Amex, but as I went over the bridge, the train queues didn't look too bad.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would if I could but I am disabled and have no option - would love to be able to walk to the P&R or use the train - its no fun being in a wheelchair - might I suggest you try it!

Wheelchair users get to avoid the queues at the station and bypass everybody (at least on the lewes side) as they go down the left hand side where abled bodied fans are not allowed. I saw at least three last night who got a train much much much earlier than many fans.

3.30am back to Manchester.

Why-oh-why-oh-why can't the club arrange evening fixtures so that I can catch the last train back from Euston at 22.00, or at least do the decent thing and get knocked out in the first round by opposition I can't be arsed to watch? It's a bloody disgrace, I will be emailing Martin Perry personally and demanding that they get their house in order.
Stop whinging.

There's a later train from St Pancras to Sheffield, that connects with a train from Sheffield (at 0345) to Piccadilly and the Airport. You only have a couple of hours to wait at Sheffield. Back home before 5.00am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here