Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** the official Steve Claridge is a twat thread ***

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
As a pundit, he's better than most, far more interesting than the lazy, predictable analysis from the likes of Shearer and Hansen.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's quite often complimentary about us, but when he is anything less than that hyper-sensitive NSC soon rounds on him. As one has previously stated it can't be easy to be the "expert" on all 72 leagues clubs.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Never thought that he was any less than fair and certainly not anti BHAFC. Despite many less than complimentary comments, I like him.

We should not alienate him (nor referees for that matter) as he (or they) could come back to haunt us !

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Last season on the football league show he said "brighton's passing style is working in league one, but they will have to change it if they want to be successful in the championship" even Gus said he doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't know what he said yesterday but it seems his opinion has changed!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Actually I don't think he is a twat at all. Opinionated, he's got a lot to say and is very complimentary about the albion. Strange choice of pundit to have a go at.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Actually I don't think he is a twat at all. Opinionated, he's got a lot to say and is very complimentary about the albion. Strange choice of pundit to have a go at.

Precisely, I think he's refreshing...thought he did a very good job last night and usually makes good points. Indeed a strange pundit to have a go at, watching MOTD with Lineker, Lawrenson and Hanson the other day was something to moan about: none looked interested, all seemed bored of the job...in contrast to Claridge who seems to love his job.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The man has only had good things to say about the Albion this season and this is the second Claridge is a twat thread he's recieved, I don't understand this at all.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I am no fan but I thought his comments last night reflected what was going on, on the pitch and he seemed to genuinely enjoy our football. Like most of us he usually likes to be right and its hard to say anything negative about the Albion at the moment.
Apart from Mr. Carrot that is....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know what he said yesterday but it seems his opinion has changed!
Which consequently, he more or less admitted during his commentary for the Cardiff game.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. But more important;y, Claridge's analysis was excellent last night.

He is an excellent co-commentator, but is shite at the general presentation stuff (i.e. FL show, that BBC video blog and the general chit-chat on 5live). It's obviously he has a good reading of the game (such as in some of the insightful comments he made last night about our style of play) and can talk about that very well. Ask him to express an opinion and to back it up and he struggles.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well this thread went well!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Claridge's summation of last night's game: "This was no hard-luck story for Sunderland. Brighton played the better football and created the better chances. They fully deserved their win."

I think he's a good analyst, personally, and he has usually been complimentary about us. How many people on here have proffered an opinion on some footy matter, only to later be proved wrong? Plenty, I'd suggest. At least he's big enough to change his mind, and say so, when the evidence is there in front of him.

He's just made a great technical point regarding our passing where he's noted that it is so accurate it's passed so that the receiver gets it on the opposite side to his marker, thereby the pass itself telling the recipient where his marker is. Not noticed this myself, but will be now. Good punditry.

I noticed this comment as well, something to look out for on Sat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here