Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** the official Steve Claridge is a twat thread ***

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Strange thread. I was all set to stick up for him, but reading the posts it's a Claridge love in, and rightly so. He does a good job in my opinion. He's a lively and enthusiastic co-commentator, not as wooden as he appears on TV. Second only to the legendary Jimmy Armfield.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Claridge has time and again corrected 5Lives commentator, can't fault him in any way whatsoever.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Sorry fella, you'll not get any support from me either. He's outspoken and can say some rash things sometimes but I find him knowledgable, entertaining, and he clearly likes us. Although he did say some silly things about our passing style after the Stoke defeat that riled Gus a bit.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Thought it was a quality commentary from 5 Live tonight, Steve Claridge was spot on with everything he said tonight, and with the Albion Fans making plenty of noise in the background, it was the best £36.00 I've ever saved!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
See my above post, at 11mins he is very complimentary of the noise and atmosphere tonight. about a min before that he also described how we open up spaces for the forwards. Seems pretty fair to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here