Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** the official Steve Claridge is a twat thread ***

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
First time I have heard him commentating on one of our games, what a knob ! Post your thoughts on this official thread !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought he has been very complimentary so far, about the stadium, atmosphere, facilities, way we play, very enthusiastic. Think you might have personal issues with him?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
6.11.07SteveClaridge.jpg

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thought he has been very complimentary so far, about the stadium, atmosphere, facilities, way we play, very enthusiastic. Think you might have personal issues with him?

I agree with you and the OP. Normally he is a bit of a twat when it comes to us, but tonight he has been complimentary. Particularly loved his comment after c15 mins"That's the first time tonight Sunderland have looked like the Premier League side"!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with you and the OP. Normally he is a bit of a twat when it comes to us, but tonight he has been complimentary. Particularly loved his comment after c15 mins"That's the first time tonight Sunderland have looked like the Premier League side"!

Perhaps we could all agree that we'd take Claridge anyday over Mark Bright!!!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I like him.
On 5live on a couple of occasions this Summer, he was briliiant and said great things about the Albion and The Amex.
He put Mark Chapman in his place in July, when he giggled against mention of the Albion being a rising force.

Claridge gave high praise of Noone about 15 minutes ago.
And not a Premier League snob. Takes a big interest in next 3 divisions.

If you listen to 5live often, you'll find Martin Keown always says kind words about the Albion.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
My opinion of him tonight has changed, very complimentry about us, still a twat though and a terrible pundits !

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's just made a great technical point regarding our passing where he's noted that it is so accurate it's passed so that the receiver gets it on the opposite side to his marker, thereby the pass itself telling the recipient where his marker is. Not noticed this myself, but will be now. Good punditry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Excellent so far I'm afraid. He's MILES better as a co commentator on 5 live than he is when he's doing those shit visual blog things on the BBC Sport site.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I can honestly say he's been brilliant! Not just because he's been complimentary but he know his football, says it how it is and clearly has great lower league knowledge!!

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
He's massively talking up Brighton! In fact I thought he was fairly complementary last week against Cardiff too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here