Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
My mate got my ticket this afternoon - WSU in line with the south goal line. The view looks like it will be magnificent - not bad for the cheapest seats in the house!

There's nothing left at the other end of WSU other than singles so the few that are left at the South will presumably go within days.

Nearer the away fans than I'd have liked but the banter should be good.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
5.30 presentation last night
WSU zone B fully sold out; remainder of WSU and East Stand seems to be just front rows left; North Stand "standing" sold out; remainder of North Stand there is more room on the left side Brighton Boys than on the right side Brighton Boys
at present about 11,000 out of the 15,000 season tickets sold; at the end of the presentation period they expect 13,500 to be sold before they go on general release; I was served by Paul who originally thought they would only sell 11,000 in total. These numbers above exclude the 1901 club and hospitality.

Strong hint that if demand is there the corners may be filled in sooner than planned!

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
WSU zone B fully sold out; remainder of WSU and East Stand seems to be just front rows left; North Stand "standing" sold out; remainder of North Stand there is more room on the left side Brighton Boys than on the right side Brighton Boys
at present about 11,000 out of the 15,000 season tickets sold; at the end of the presentation period they expect 13,500 to be sold before they go on general release; I was served by Paul who originally thought they would only sell 11,000 in total. These numbers above exclude the 1901 club and hospitality.

Strong hint that if demand is there the corners may be filled in sooner than planned![/QUOTE]

Thanks Robbie C - exciting times!

Did you get a rough view of when the "planned" is to act as a guide on what "sooner" could be? Before next season starts? During next season? In readiness for the 2012-2013 season?

Sorry to ask, but just curious like.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Strong hint that if demand is there the corners may be filled in sooner than planned!

So the 4000 left are mostly WSL and North Stand. Lets hope the bobble hatters, happy clappers and moaners don't use the North as an alternative to WSU, we need to keep the party vibe alive :drink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm glad I got organised quickly and was selecting my seats on the 2nd day of presentations. Damned exciting times ahead for The Albion-especially if we can retain the 10,000 or so 'new' season ticket holders.

10,000 new STHs, that is amazing after 12 years at Withdean. I'm pretty sure we've never had 10,000 STHs in one season, ever! What a massive Finger.png to all of the NIMBYs and twits like SepticTank in The Argus.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm glad I got organised quickly and was selecting my seats on the 2nd day of presentations. Damned exciting times ahead for The Albion-especially if we can retain the 10,000 or so 'new' season ticket holders.

If we do sell out of STs there will be a situation where people with a good seat will feel compelled to renew from now on just so they don't lose their seat. As a complete guess there must be 7,000 or so in this category (close to halfway line or back rows of lower tier) . I think a mid table finish and sensible investment in the team next season will see the majority renew.

On the flip side if we get relegated alot of the new 10,000 will probably disappear. I can't see Bloom allowing that to happen though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we do sell out of STs there will be a situation where people with a good seat will feel compelled to renew from now on just so they don't lose their seat. As a complete guess there must be 7,000 or so in this category (close to halfway line or back rows of lower tier) . I think a mid table finish and sensible investment in the team next season will see the majority renew.

On the flip side if we get relegated alot of the new 10,000 will probably disappear. I can't see Bloom allowing that to happen though.

Unless we are challenging for the play off or promotion it wouldn't surprise me if a number of prime seats become available from the +3ers. There could be quite a bit of moving around this time next year

We won't get relegated, I'd put my house on it. Compare how poor we were in the McGhee or Coppell Championship years to how good we are now. Poyet will be buying quite a few players to bolster the squad. And there are a lot of average teams in the bottom half we won't get rolled over by.
We may lose a small number of the STH's who just wanted the first season, but they will get snapped up no problem.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm not being funny, but this talk of selling out is worrying me. I live in Leeds, I want a season ticket (mainly to ensure that I can see first game and to see a number of others during the season). It simply isn't possible for me to attend a presentation until Easter.

Is there anyway round this......ideally I would like to purchase now.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
re Nobby's Betamax Video @ 9.14
nothing specific but fair to say they have been overwhelmed by the response; those paying by Direct debit may get a month's breathing space as the bank can't cope with the volumes;

A lot must depend on Buckingham's capacity to deliver in time; "if the demand" is currently there then maybe they phase in a corner or two for next season but that is just speculation.
I think that is why they are offering the separate PSL so you can own your seat although to be fair, this wasn't pushed at the point of sale.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm not being funny, but this talk of selling out is worrying me. I live in Leeds, I want a season ticket (mainly to ensure that I can see first game and to see a number of others during the season). It simply isn't possible for me to attend a presentation until Easter.

I think that once it goes to public sale you can do this over the phone as the presentations will not happen then

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A lot must depend on Buckingham's capacity to deliver in time; "if the demand" is currently there then maybe they phase in a corner or two for next season but that is just speculation..

That will all depend onhow well the travel plan works. If it's all good then planning permission should be a breeze surely. If travel is a shambles I can see the council refusing an increase in capacity. No doubt the usual suspects will cause a fuss just for the sake of it as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I would imagine that they would not make a presentation booking without being confident of having something to sell. So if you have a presentation booked I think you'll be ok.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Talk of the corners being filled in is premature, we'd need planning permission and probably a large chunk of next season to prove the existing transport links work. It's also likely we will have to find additonal transport capabilites, maybe another park and ride.

I actually think we will probably see another tier on the east stand before the corners are done as this would add more "premium" seats with a higher value to the club.

If they can accurately forecast selling 13,500 with the existing presentation bookings I'd say we will sell the lot. I also wouldn't want to be scrambling for decent seat(s) from the last 2000 when they are on general release.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Had my presentation at 9.30am today - with regards to availability, currently there are only singles left in the West stand upper unless you sit in Zone A next to the away fans.

Northstand has around maybe 200-300 (complete estimate form looking on the sales system) left mainly lower down and to the right (The stand holds 2500 total). The West Stand lower seemed to have a fair bit of availability and I didn't consider the or look at the East Stand.

I went for the left hand side of the North stand towards the back.

With regards to the stadium update, the grass is being planted in the next couple of weeks as is work to the side banks which sit opposite the outside of the stadium walkway. The seats are also going in in the next few weeks.

Also interesting news was that the stadium has infact cost £100M so far and is over budget and this is mainly due to putting an additonal corporate bar and resturant in the East stand from what I gathered at the presentation.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Oh and the current sales figure excluding corporate given to us this morning was 10,500! Interesting they said that revenue wise the corporate tickets alone will account for £16.5 Million over five years compared to around 800,000 we 'make' at the withdean from corporate revenue.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
just booked my tickets today 3pm,decided go to for the family stand with my son, when i asked how many tickets had been sold was told it is close to 11,000

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here