Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The vouchers won't operate as currently, the club's plan A is that you'll get a £3 discount off the cost of the train/bus ticket that you've bought. Quite how that's going to work with online purchasing, unmanned stations and automatic ticket machines I wouldn't know but maybe this is an example of the lack of attention that's been (being) paid to transport arrangements at the Amex.

Had my presentation on 4th feb and Richard Hebbard categorically stated the above is not the case, vouchers bought in books of 25 for £25, use 1 per game for p&r train or bus the same as the vouchers work now :thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Couldn't the direct debit set up in her name be used for a season ticket in your name? (I imagine a lot of parents have direct debits in their names for tickets in their kids' names)

Is the correct answer :thumbsup:

Next year is my 4th st, and my 3rd paying by instalments using mrs bank account with my name on the st

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had my presentation on 4th feb and Richard Hebbard categorically stated the above is not the case, vouchers bought in books of 25 for £25, use 1 per game for p&r train or bus the same as the vouchers work now :thumbsup:

Its a shame really the club don't come out and publish the facts, what you were told at your presentation is different from what others were told at their's. There is a thread on this somewhere when somebody was categorically told what Alex, Alex Dawson is stating.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure what you mean about Mithras House and The Race Course being "inconvenient". For those of us in the East, Mithras is now easily the best compared to Mill Road and the Race Course would be very attractive to A259'ers from Newhaven, Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and even East Brighton.

These are not convenient for those in the east, unless you live in Seaford/Eastbourne and the coast road is convenient. All of the park and rides for those in the East are West of the ground there is nothing to the east.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
These are not convenient for those in the east, unless you live in Seaford/Eastbourne and the coast road is convenient. All of the park and rides for those in the East are West of the ground there is nothing to the east.

The Racecourse would be fantasic for those of us from Rottingdean, Woodingdean, Saltdean, T'scoombe, Peavehaven and Newhaven. Just follow coast road for a few mins and you a left and right away.

Mithras house is fine though.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
So did I.
If you live in B&H then ask your local councillor about this; that's what my mother has done. When you get a reply ask yourself why the club has waited until 2011 to undertake a survey of how supporters are intending to travel to the Amex and why the council hasn't been given much detail yet? In case you weren't aware the stadium cannot open unless B&HCC approves the club's travel management plan.
Why was travel by car not included as an option in the survey as there are, according to the planning consent, meant to be at least 2,200 parking spaces available within 1.5km of the stadium? Where are these parking spaces going to be located now that Falmer High School/Academy is no longer available?
The limited capacity and platform/signalling limitations on the Brighton-Lewes has been known about for years (and has been done to death numerous times on NSC), suffice to say that moving 1000's of passengers with a x5 train per hour service is just not going to happen.
The Mill Road P&R gets full now, with a crowd of 7,000-8,000. This is the P&R of choice for away fans (possibly 2,500 next season from 800 this) as well as anyone driving from due north or from the west. With crowds possibly trebling next season and the other announced P&Rs at Mithras House and the Race Hill being "inconvenient", where will these additional cars go?

Yes I am well aware the council needs to approve a transport plan. But obviously the club will know this too and must surely be preparing one? I don't have the answers to your other questions but it doesn't follow that just because we haven't heard any details yet nothing is happening. I just find it inconcievable that the club aren't working very hard to prepare a viable transport plan. To not do so would be to risk being unable to open the stadium or operate with a reduced capacity. I think you are worrying unduly. I certainly hope you are!

Its a shame really the club don't come out and publish the facts, what you were told at your presentation is different from what others were told at their's. There is a thread on this somewhere when somebody was categorically told what Alex, Alex Dawson is stating.

The reason they can't do that is because the council, as a condition of the planning consent, has to approve the club's transport management plan before the stadium can be brought into use. No such plan has been submitted to date, otherwise it would appear on the council's website attached to the planning application (2008/02732) but then the club doesn't currently have the 2200 minimum car spaces within 1.5km of the stadium that are also required as another condition of the planning consent. You might reasonably question why the transport scheme has not been put to bed earlier so that the definite info could be made available to prospective ST buyers at the time of purchase (it was after all in the approval granted by the Gov't in 2007 - ie nearly 4 years ago), then again perhaps the club think that Perry and Hebbard are better employed giving marketing presentations to prospective 1901 members and STHs.

Yes I am well aware the council needs to approve a transport plan. But obviously the club will know this too and must surely be preparing one?.......

That's what we thought until a couple of month's back and had always assumed that this was progressing in parallel with the stadium development. However, having asked one of the B&H councillors to look into this, it appears that that this was not the case - eg the club survey on STH travel intentions that was initiated in January. Seems a bit late to do this don't you think?

Why is it no longer available? The plan was for 1000 spaces here wasn't it? Where did you hear this?

Because Falmer High School is becoming an Academy so is no longer under B&HCC control and the Academy management don't want cars parked all over their playing field.
The planning consent specifies a minimum of 2,200, max 2,350 parking spaces within 1.5km of the stadium; it refers to Sussex Univ and Falmer High School as possible locations (as per the planning application) but I don't think it goes any further than that.
Can't remember where I first heard about the Academy and car parking but it was sometime last autumn. It seemed (to me) fairly common knowledge and certainly wasn't denied by Insider when I posted a query on ATC in December when the STH presentations were first announced.

Amex Stadium - Travel Management Scheme

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Per person.. bloody expensive if you are bringing a couple of kids along!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Because Falmer High School is becoming an Academy so is no longer under B&HCC control and the Academy management don't want cars parked all over their playing field.
The planning consent specifies a minimum of 2,200, max 2,350 parking spaces within 1.5km of the stadium; it refers to Sussex Univ and Falmer High School as possible locations (as per the planning application) but I don't think it goes any further than that.
Can't remember where I first heard about the Academy and car parking but it was sometime last autumn. It seemed (to me) fairly common knowledge and certainly wasn't denied by Insider when I posted a query on ATC in December when the STH presentations were first announced.

Amex Stadium - Travel Management Scheme

I don't think it is common knowledge, not to me anyway. I have no reason to doubt what you are saying is true but I was under the impression that the original plan was to construct some all weather pitches at the Academy/High School and then use that as a car park.

This would obviously require planning consent and indeed an application was made last November to do just that. It is still under consideration which possibly explains why this was neither confirmed nor denied by the Insider?

Personally I can't see why the Academy would oppose this as it would be an regular source of income at times when the pitches wouldn't be required. Their loss I suppose if you are right, but yes, I can see that this would be a headache for the club if they weren't on board.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Had a chat with Richard Hebbard specifically about the vouchers, in particular what Alex, Alex Dawson has referred to and I was told that the vouchers would work as I have posted. I does seem odd to have such a variation though but I have every faith the club will look after us in this respect and make it clear in the coming months.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Had a chat with Richard Hebbard specifically about the vouchers, in particular what Alex, Alex Dawson has referred to and I was told that the vouchers would work as I have posted. I does seem odd to have such a variation though but I have every faith the club will look after us in this respect and make it clear in the coming months.

the club must have changed their mind about this then as i also heard about each voucher giving you £3 off your travel . effectively a £2 saving per game. i think it was on the radio. sounds a silly idea and overly complicated. the 25 vouchers for £25 is pretty good though and id sign up to that

the club must have changed their mind about this then as i also heard about each voucher giving you £3 off your travel . effectively a £2 saving per game. i think it was on the radio. sounds a silly idea and overly complicated. the 25 vouchers for £25 is pretty good though and id sign up to that

From memory I think it was either Martin Perry or Ken Brown who first advised of the £3 discount voucher on one of the Radio Reverb shows earlier this year. If this has now been scrapped and they're reverting to a system that's similar to the current TV arrangements then I agree it's a good thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It feels like a long time since we had a discussion of how many tickets have been sold. Last night on SCR there was refence to the current total figure being 14K - but I hope it is actually a few more than that now... 15-16K?

Anyone know?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have they actually gone on general sale yet?to me general sale is when you can pick and pay online or ring and buy straight away.Can't understand why you can't pick and pay online???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here