Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official pre, during and post match Wycombe thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palarse and Bardiff lose. Charlton 4-2 Chelsea. We're pissing this. Santa's done his homework this year I'd say!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
From BBC Text Commentary

Cross by Zeshan Rehman (Brighton), clearance by Darren Currie (Wycombe). Shot by Nathan Jones (Brighton) drilled left-footed from left channel (18 yards), clearance by Unknown Player (Wycombe).

Winning 4-0 against a team with an Unknown Player. Fantastic. Does anyone else think Donkey might have summoned Rocket Man down for a game as the second red card went up?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
marvelous xmas pressie this is, still playing but I'm gonna go down the pub and celebrate. :drink: :clap2: :drink:

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
So, it's all over.

What was the crowd like? Can't recall hearing them on the commentary.

3 points. Yipppeeeeee!

:drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That is so much what we needed as a club. A big 4-0 win against a struggling team during the busy Xmas period but most importantly without Leon. Hopefully this is going to be a confidence booster for the second half of the season.

We can win this league lads!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
London Calling 1 said:
great result but
4-0 against 10 men
but
0-0 against nine?

DAVID

Obviously I wasn't there but with half a season to go, a tight division and us missing our top scorer I can imagine that it was all 9 behind the ball to save the goal difference after the 2nd sending off.

Well, we will play much better than that and lose. Wycombe deserve their placing in the division, at least a poor team should keep their discipline, that first sending off was hilarious.

Fantastic gamebreaker from Chippy, what a free kick, brilliant! It could have turned into a worrying game if this wonder goal hadn't gone in off the crossbar, Wycombe were obviously intent on the goalless draw given their transparent time-wasting.

I'm not sure we had to work too hard for the other goals, taking nothing away from Piercy though, two excellent finishes and a well-deserved tap-in for McPhee, can't be a harder worker in the side.

The 0-0 against nine men was a little frustrating, Wycombe just didn't come out for the second half and left us acres of space to play in. Too much sloppy passing from us otherwise it could have been a cricket score, the balance of possession was so one-sided.

We are a tremendously solid team defensively and in midfield, and that solidity just overwhelmed a poor side today. But it would be nice to see a few more of our passes finding feet, still too much hit and hope balls, which you can get away with against Wycombe but it's not the stuff that will win promotion.

Watson looked good, although with that amount of space down the right, you'd hope so. Both Jones and Hart I thought a little lacking in inspiration, the win was earned by our solid defensive shape and the control supplied by Chippy and Yeates, and the hard work of McPhee and Piercy up front.

Piercy had his day in the sun but I'm not convinced playing upfront that he has the pace to trouble better defences than the Wycombe leaky tugboat. Lovely opportunism though for his first screamer of a goal after the blunder by the Wycombe defender. When that went in, you knew it was all over even though we hadn't reached half-time.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Marvellous scenes. Our opening two goals were the best I'd seen all season... even Kerry and Watto had good games at the same time, for christ's sake... that's how well we played.

Slightly surreal moment when a bloke who looked like Alexei Sayle was called out of the South Stand and shown how to be the fourth official, then spent the rest of the game standing in his corduroys behind the fourth offcial. Any clues?

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Excellent result.

Wycombe were appalling, but it was a good committed performance from the lads, and will act as a confidence booster.

Tricky one for MM on who to leave out, with Leon back. Piercy is not an out and out striker, but surely he has done enough to play somewhere, probably midfield. But who to drop?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Duncan H said:
Oh, and nice to see Palace lose at home to Millwall, and Cardiff lose at home to Walsall. Great stuff!

And especially to see Charlton beat the Chelscum!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it's hard to make any judgment on this: Wycombe were the worst side I've seen for years.

I'm not sure Piercy would hack it up front against decent defenders.

Still, 4-0 is 4-0 and it's always nice to win on Boxing Day.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it's hard to make any judgment on this: Wycombe were the worst side I've seen for years.

I'm not sure Piercy would hack it up front against decent defenders.

Still, 4-0 is 4-0 and it's always nice to win on Boxing Day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here