Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
well I only have 1350 I think so I am f***ed.

ah well

nah you'll be fine, the only ones with more than that are super fans that have been to virtually all the away games and all home cup games. I think below 1300 and you'e buggered

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There's no possible way they could please everybody, Luke. If they'd put a bracket in as you suggested, there'd be anger about 'JCLs' who have only this season bought a season ticket getting in ahead of the Withdean hard-core. The club's on a hiding to nothing on this one, and personally I think they're looking out for people who have shown the most loyalty over the longest period of time, so have probably done it the 'least bad' way.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Got no where near that amount. ST holder and have been to most of the away games. Seems to me that you had to of been a ST at withdean (went to most games just didn't have a ST but that doesn't count). And now have no chance to get a ticket. They should of had another bracket for people who have done that^

yeah I sympathise with that, i'm in the same boat. didnt have an ST last year but didnt miss a home game (and went to plently of away for that matter) I only have 1130- but thankfully my old man has 1350 and he's not planning to go so i can use his....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Look we ONLY JUST sold out 3k for Pompey on a Saturday 3pm and 3.5k last time at Selhurst. We will def have some tickets left for general sale Id have thought. Only the lower 2 of those bands will be available to non Withdean STH, and they will have had to attended almost every away and cup game to qualify.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure this has been that well thought through. The last cut-off point is 1,330 points on January 22nd. That's only nine days before the match. However, in order to have 1,330 points (or anything above 1,250) you must have had a Withdean season ticket. We know there were only 4,000-4,500 people in that bracket. A few of those will still be ruled out as they haven't been to enough games this season to get the extra 80 points required. Will significantly more than 50% of the rest really want to pay £30 to go to Croydon on a Tuesday night, regardless of the fact it's against Palace? There will be a lot of parents/kids who won't fancy it, as well as older STHs who just don't do away games full stop. I can see the Albion being in a position where, just a week before the match is due to be played, they have hundreds if not over 1,000 tickets left. They will then have to either put them on general sale, seriously annoying anybody just below 1,330 points, or continue dropping the points required, in which case the match will soon be upon them.

Surely it would have been easier not to have such large gaps between each number of points being able to buy. Why are there three whole days for people on 1,370 points to buy? How many people can realistically be on that precise number? Barely any I would think.

Agreed - there seems little logic behind this allocation process and it's hard to believe, without having sight of the member database, that this won't become a massive bunfight when they go sub-1330 points which will still be a massive majority of fans.

Is it really a case that those with, say, 20 points for buying a cheapie Wrexham ticket is being treated equally as someone with 1320 points (Withdean season ticket + Amex season ticket + 7 away games)?

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
yeah I sympathise with that, i'm in the same boat. didnt have an ST last year but didnt miss a home game (and went to plently of away for that matter) I only have 1130- but thankfully my old man has 1350 and he's not planning to go so i can use his....

:/ my old man is in the same as me. And I think we are on 1150 points ATM :(

Edit: at least u can definitely go. Gonna have to put on about 6 different computers and have a fight for leftovers (if there is any leftovers)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The lowest points to qualify , 1330 , is what the club anticipates to be the level at which all the tickets will be sold. They could be wrong but have to guess the number of those with maximum loyalty points who are NOT going AND applying for a ticket so that it can be given to a relative , friend or acquaintance.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
seems strange that they are having so many bands, are there really that many people with all those points? How many ST's were there at Withdean?

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I think most people will have to sign on palace database and try and get a Home ticket. They also never mentioned how much the tickets cost.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The lowest points to qualify , 1330 , is what the club anticipates to be the level at which all the tickets will be sold. They could be wrong but have to guess the number of those with maximum loyalty points who are NOT going AND applying for a ticket so that it can be given to a relative , friend or acquaintance.

What would be REALLY helpful is if the club could publish, periodically, a breakdown of the number of fans at each level.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I would wager a large amount of money that the clubs assumption is wrong. There is NO WAY that all 2700 tickets are going to go to ex Withdean STH. That is almost 50%, and historically tickets have always gone on general sale for that amount, then facto rin a Tuesday night, threat of violence, etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What would be REALLY helpful is if the club could publish, periodically, a breakdown of the number of fans at each level.

Agreed , we eventually got the figures of the Gold , Blue and White membership schemes which gave us an idea of what the odds of getting a ticket were.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Absolutley 100% correct sir (bet you never thought you'd see that).

The whole debacle is ridiculous. The lowest number of points the website mentions is 1330, and those people cant buy their tickets until 22nd January. How many people can have 1330 points? They would have to be Amex Season ticket holders (18,500) who were Withdean Season Ticket Holders (4,000 ish?) plus people who have been to at least 2 home cup games and 4 away games, or 8 away games and no home cup games - remembering that the majority of fans don't actually go to away games, I reckon this is only about 1500 people.

Surely the simplest way would have been to think "We've got 2700 tickets available, lets look at the database and see how many loyalty points the person in position 2700th has. Say it's 1250 points. Right, so we'll make tickets available for a week at 1250 points and upwards. That gives the 2700 most loyal fans the chance to get their tickets. If they aren't organised enough to sort out their tickets in a week, then tough luck. After a week, we'll make it 1100, that's probably another 2000 people. Give them a few days, and then if there are any left then just make it available to season ticket holders".

EASY.

You seemed very confident yesterday that you were going to get a ticket, do you think you'll get one now? Only interested because I have roughly the same amount as you (1100) and I'm worried as that's way below even the last category.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well, I don't know whether to get my ticket online tomorrow, or wait until monday so I can ask for a ticket towards the back - rather than getting given front row!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Any notion there will be a sizeable reduction because of the threat of violence is in my opinion rubbish, the ones that are put off are cancelled out by the neanderthals that go who are excited by the threat of violence and somehow manage to get a ticket come hell or high water, it will sell out, period.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
someone mentioned £35 +booking fee?

blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here