Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Get your facts right, the fans are not happy with large segregation regardless of opposition. You have plenty of tickets for your true fans that travel.

If there's segregation and the game is a sell out, how many would you expect 22-23,000?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket but at the end of the day the club had to do something and I think the points system is fair, never going to please everyone but it is fair. Haven't missed the Albion at Selhurst since 1979/80 so quite gutted.

My only concern is the lack of tickets given and under whose authority. Is it the police, well I would have thought the police would find it easier to have all the Albion fans in the away end and not dotted around the ground. Is it the Palace, can they afford to turn down say an extra 2,000 fans at £35.00 per ticket, that's £70k or nearly 6 weeks salary for Murray.

I thought about going in the home end and have several contacts in Croydon / Caterham having lived there for 30 years but I can't be bothered with the potential trouble.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket but at the end of the day the club had to do something and I think the points system is fair, never going to please everyone but it is fair. Haven't missed the Albion at Selhurst since 1979/80 so quite gutted.

My only concern is the lack of tickets given and under whose authority. Is it the police, well I would have thought the police would find it easier to have all the Albion fans in the away end and not dotted around the ground. Is it the Palace, can they afford to turn down say an extra 2,000 fans at £35.00 per ticket, that's £70k or nearly 6 weeks salary for Murray.

I thought about going in the home end and have several contacts in Croydon / Caterham having lived there for 30 years but I can't be bothered with the potential trouble.

Allegedly the Palace board have been a bit childish about this, and only given us the roughly the same amount of tickets they got. They couldn't seem to grasp the simple fact that they got the maximum possible allocation for a league match, and that when the stadium capacity increases, then so will their allocation.

Having said that, if the owners wish to have a reduced take on the gate in order to score playground points, and hack off a few albion supporters, then I suppose that's their right.

Last edited:

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
Number of Tickets in 2002

9000 in 2002??? You sure pal

I am sure. They gave us the whole side of the ground, is it the Arther something or other stand. We only took 7000 though. I belive that in the next game in 2005 (1-0 to the Albion, 1-0 to the Albion :lol:) they gave us 5000 and the segregation was 2 seats wide + some police in riot gear.

If we get through against Wrexham I suspect this might reduce the demand for Palace tickets. There will be some season ticket holders that won't be able to afford to pay for both Newcastle and Palace in the same week, and I suspect most of them will opt for Newcastle, as they will know they are guaranteed a ticket.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I am sure. They gave us the whole side of the ground, is it the Arther something or other stand. We only took 7000 though. I belive that in the next game in 2005 (1-0 to the Albion, 1-0 to the Albion :lol:) they gave us 5000 and the segregation was 2 seats wide + some police in riot gear.

I disagree-I think they gave us 5000 and we took 5000 and the following game we had 3000 and took 3000! There's no way in hell they offered us nearly 40% of their ground on 2002!!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Allegedly the Palace board have been a bit childish about this, and only given us the roughly the same amount of tickets they got. They couldn't seem to grasp the simple fact that they got the maximum possible allocation for a league match, and that when the stadium capacity increases, then so will their allocation.

Having said that, if the owners wish to have a reduced take on the gate in order to score playground points, and hack off a few albion supporters, then I suppose that's their right.

It's a shame that's their Board's attitude.

Plenty of Albion fans who won't now get to see this game.

If they are giving us the same amount of Tickets as we gave them, are they charging us the same as we charged them too? No, thought not.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
Empty Seats

I disagree-I think they gave us 5000 and we took 5000 and the following game we had 3000 and took 3000! There's no way in hell they offered us nearly 40% of their ground on 2002!!!!

I guess all the empty seats near me must have been mirages. I think we will have to agree to disagree, unless one of us can come up with some proof. Perhaps it will say in the programme. I'll ae to dig it out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've just checked the match report on the OS, and we took 4000. I also realised the referee for that game was none other than Peter Walton. He does love giving penalties against us

Coppell had this message for the 4000 Albion fans who made the journey up the M23: "I can't offer Albion fans any positives after this match because they would be false. I can only apologise for the performance and assure them that nobody is hurting more than me."

I guess all the empty seats near me must have been mirages. I think we will have to agree to disagree, unless one of us can come up with some proof. Perhaps it will say in the programme. I'll ae to dig it out.

9000 in 2002 is pony i'm afraid, the 5000 figure is about right, it was no more than that, my recollection is that it DID sell out, "the empty seats mystery" could be resolved by the fact that where I was in the middle of the Arfur Lager stand and it was like the old days as you couldn't move as everyone around was standing and it was about 2 to a seat

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I will get completely shot down for this, but oh well, if you dont ask you dont get!!

I have 1060 loyalty points so am pretty sure ive not got a chance of getting a palace ticket, so is there a lovely person out there who has enough points to buy a ticket but cannot make the game? i will pay double the face value. Private message me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I will get completely shot down for this, but oh well, if you dont ask you dont get!!

I have 1060 loyalty points so am pretty sure ive not got a chance of getting a palace ticket, so is there a lovely person out there who has enough points to buy a ticket but cannot make the game? i will pay double the face value. Private message me.

Hope you enjoy your BAN.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Completely understand the sentiment fella, but encouraging people to tout their tickets for more than face value is pretty frowned upon on here.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Well like I said if it is tit for tat that's a very sad day. I don't know of many businesses who can afford to turn away £70K plus the add on's of programme sales and food and drink. Amazing to think that they have only recently come out of adminsitration and are happy to turn away easy money.

Maybe those lucky enough to go should play them at there own game and boycott buying a programme, pie and a pint and further reduce any money that they could make on behalf of many like me who would love to go but will sadly be stuck glued to Teletext because of scoring playground points.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Well like I said if it is tit for tat that's a very sad day. I don't know of many businesses who can afford to turn away £70K plus the add on's of programme sales and food and drink. Amazing to think that they have only recently come out of adminsitration and are happy to turn away easy money.

Maybe those lucky enough to go should play them at there own game and boycott buying a programme, pie and a pint and further reduce any money that they could make on behalf of many like me who would love to go but will sadly be stuck glued to Teletext because of scoring playground points.

If i get a ticket i will boycott buying programme, food and pint. Dont want to help fund the scum.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
One minute past five, and I had mine secured. A major relief. I must say the ticket website's reliability and usability has improved beyond all recognition since the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here