NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant, what a ride.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Makes me smile..a tiddly swimmer knocks a few seconds off her personal best to win a gold and it gets the national news headlines

team GB break the world record (gained at altitude ) by miles and nobody turns a hair !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never in doubt, throughout the race.

and against that lot, that's fookin impressive.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well I would have seen the race... If the stream didn't f*** up and switch to the Olympic schedule right before it started.. missed the whole thing :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]' report should be good.

That seemed very very loud.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With reference to all the media the men's gymnasts did after their bronze but before their individual.
I'll be curious now to see what kind of press these boys do, before any other event.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A quick question for all the cycling experts on here. How come Wiggo has the scrawniest little legs and yet is a world beater? Never mind the track cyclists who all have Arnie like thighs but you often see amateur road racing riders who have bigger than average calves due to the miles they put in. Is it presumably connected to type of training and diet and i imagine not being too muscle bound does mean you have an advantage from being lighter on the bike.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
A quick question for all the cycling experts on here. How come Wiggo has the scrawniest little legs and yet is a world beater? Never mind the track cyclists who all have Arnie like thighs but you often see amateur road racing riders who have bigger than average calves due to the miles they put in. Is it presumably connected to type of training and diet and i imagine not being too muscle bound does mean you have an advantage from being lighter on the bike.

all about matching stamina and speed for wiggo. He lost about a stone and a half in training and totally changed hisbody shape for the Tour and then the Olympics. Track cyclists are all about explosive power (look at Hoy's thighs!!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In 2009 when BW came 4th in Le Tour, he looked a bag of bones.
But then he proved, to himself as much as anyone, he could lose the weight but maintain the power.

Remember in Le Tour they have at least 6 days in high mountains, every kilo lost is a massive benefit.

Hoy would be faster on a stage sprint than Cav, but Chris wouldn't have been able to maintain the pace for the previous 200kms, due to the weight he carries.
And that's just on the flat, I'm sure Chris wouldn't even get out of bed on an alpine stage.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haha. What the HELL was Hindes THINKING of in his interview, basically admitting that he faked the 'mechanical failure' in the qualifier, because he got a shit start! Hoy's face was a picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here