May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Silver - well done Lizzie.

Looked BLOODY close at the end.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are off the mark. Well done Lizzie on your silver.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It might have looked close, but it was never in doubt.

Think Cav (Vos) v Wiggins (Lizzie) in a sprint.

Great ride, great result. well done Lizzie.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It might have looked close, but it was never in doubt.

Think Cav (Vos) v Wiggins (Lizzie) in a sprint.

Great ride, great result. well done Lizzie.

Agreed about it being never in doubt, but I didn't know Cav was that good at CX! Vos is probably the best female cyclist the world has ever seen.

Superb riding, and a great day out on Box Hill!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What a fantastic two days world class cycling on our patch. We had a brilliant weekend on the course.

Have not had any time to watch highlights yet but watched both endings on the big screen up on box hill (in a monsoon yesterday). So annoying for CAV the team worked so well for him but eveyone else was so aware of CAVs form. Was poor effort by Germany and Australia to have no belief in Griepel or Goss. Loved Braisfords quote on the radio "if you try and win BIG you have to be prepared to lose BIG", lets hope CAV gets another chance in Brazil.

If anyone on here is not aware I am a massive fan of Lizzie, one of the best track cylist I have had the pleasure to watch, she is Gutsy and tactically on the spot, we have watched her crash get back on the bike and win a medal. I so believed she was on for Gold for about the last year and a half and my shouting could not get her up and pass Vos. But Chapeau Lizzie you are the rising star and hopefully will emulate Vos and Cooke.

Looks like we might get good weather for Wednesdays Time Trials, cannot wait. Pooley was looking so strong as was Wiggens, Froome put a lot of early work in on Box Hill but Wiggo looked the stronger. Get your self up Hampton Court or in front of BBC Olympic channel 3 (12:20 - 16:45) for a fantastic day.

I am not sure if the TV coverage shows this but the Olympic sprirt is alive and well, perhaps some of the biggest cheers of the day are for riders hanging off the back way way down on the lead pack and struggling in front of the broom wagon, a massive chapeau to HASANNEN Omar of Syria, RODAS OCHOA Manuel of Gutamala, NADIRADZE Giorgi of Gerogia, PARK Sungbaek of South Korea, GONZALEZ VALDIVIESO Yumari of Cuba and HAGIWARA Mayuko of Japan to name a few, we salulte you for trying to grab the coat tails of the worlds finest cyclists and digging deep when victory was perhaps never on the cards and its about getting to the end.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Do I read into this list that Australia had two TT entries prior to Cadel withdrawing - as mentioned previously can they not put in another.

London 2012 Olympic Games: Men's time trial start list (by country)

Maximiliano Richeze (Argentina)
Cadel Evans (Australia) - withdrawn
Michael Rogers (Australia)
Vasil Kiryienka (Belarus)
Branislau Samoilau (Belarus)
Philippe Gilbert (Belgium)
Magno Nazaret (Brazil)
Ryder Hesjedal (Canada)
Fabio Duarte (Colombia)
Jan Barta (Czech Republic)
Lars Bak (Denmark)
Jakob Fuglsang (Denmark)
Sylvain Chavanel (France)
Bert Grabsch (Germany)
Tony Martin (Germany)
Christopher Froome (Great Britain)
Bradley Wiggins (Great Britain)
Alireza Haghi (Iran)
Daniel Martin (Ireland)
David McCann (Ireland)
Marco Pinotti (Italy)
Yukiya Arashiro (Japan)
Fumiyuki Beppu (Japan)
Assan Bazayev (Kazakhstan)
Alexandre Vinokourov (Kazakhstan)
Mouhcine Lahsaini (Morocco)
Lars Boom (Netherlands)
Niki Terpstra (Netherlands)
Lieuwe Westra (Netherlands)
Jack Bauer (New Zealand)
Edvald Boasson Hagen (Norway)
Maciej Bodnar (Poland)
Michal Kwiatkowski (Poland)
Nelson Santos (Portugal)
Denis Menchov (Russia)
Janez Brajkovic (Slovenia)
Jonathan Castroviejo (Spain)
Luis Leon Sanchez (Spain)
Gustav Larsson (Sweden)
Michael Albasini (Switzerland)
Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland)
Ahmet Akdylek (Turkey)
Taylor Phinney (USA)
Tejay Van Garderen (USA)
Tomas Gil (Venezuela)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm quite happy with my fantasy team.

I'm expecting a couple more points than 10!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its difficult is Cancellara as crocked as he is saying or is it a bit of bluff. Is Tony Martin fully recovered as well. Will the pressure of massive expectation and too much work on Saturday take out Wiggo and Froome.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am not sure if the TV coverage shows this but the Olympic sprirt is alive and well, perhaps some of the biggest cheers of the day are for riders hanging off the back way way down on the lead pack and struggling in front of the broom wagon, a massive chapeau to HASANNEN Omar of Syria, RODAS OCHOA Manuel of Gutamala, NADIRADZE Giorgi of Gerogia, PARK Sungbaek of South Korea, GONZALEZ VALDIVIESO Yumari of Cuba and HAGIWARA Mayuko of Japan to name a few, we salulte you for trying to grab the coat tails of the worlds finest cyclists and digging deep when victory was perhaps never on the cards and its about getting to the end.

Quite. There were big cheers for racers from a countries and respect for all participants. And the idiot who posted something along the lines that "second is the first of the losers" knows nothing of sport.

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Quite. There were bis cheers for racers from a countries and respect for all participants. And the idiot who posted something along the lines that "second is the first of the losers" knows nothing of sport.

Quite, none of these medals comes easy....

Apart from that winter olympics one for the snowboarder a mile behind the American lady (good reason to see it again) one Silver medal that may live in the sock draw

[yt]CIEgoYNeFLs[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav is doing the co-commentary, for the velodrome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here