Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' Olympic thread - sub section - Athletics

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because I am under the impression they have come to Team GB late, because they didn't qualify for this Olympics with their 'home' nation.

You could just answer the question Hans, it would be a lot easier.

I'm sure there are people who have asked novice cycling questions of me, who are fookin glad they didn't get such obtuse answers, that don't actually answer anything.

The only impression you are doing is of someone being very snide about anything other than cycling. What other impressions do you do?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Down boy down

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a start from Ennis, unreal. A full stadium for the morning session too, well done the public too for turning up and firing up the atmosphere.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only impression you are doing is of someone being very snide about anything other than cycling. What other impressions do you do?
There's the one where he nitpicks anyone with an opinion on cycling, unless they were part of the NSC cycling clique, pre-Tour.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think there is the same if not more sports people going to other countries, than come here with spurious resident qualifications.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not being snide I NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, and instead of getting answers to questions that would help my understanding. I'm getting pissed off because the person engaging with me, won't actually put me straight.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Go Jess.

But...

:needpics:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's the one where he nitpicks anyone with an opinion on cycling, unless they were part of the NSC cycling clique, pre-Tour.
If answering a question or stating facts is nit picking then so be it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not being snide I NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, and instead of getting answers to questions that would help my understanding. I'm getting pissed off because the person engaging with me, won't actually put me straight.

Becasue the 'putting you straight' would need to come from the athletics experts, not me.

My point was just to put to you, that your view from the outside, of our athletes, could VERY easily be the view of a non afficionado of our cyclists. They'd would be wrong, of course. People perhaps shouldn't make asumptions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Becasue the 'putting you straight' would need to come from the athletics experts, not me.

My point was just to put to you, that your view from the outside, of our athletes, could VERY easily be the view of a non afficionado of our cyclists. They'd would be wrong, of course. People perhaps shouldn't make asumptions.
Or ask genuine questions based on media reporting from a couple of months ago?

If someone who actually knew the answer had answered me by saying, as I did to you re cycling, I would then know the truth.
I don't see how you thought your input would help more than the actual answer.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Go Jess.

But...

:needpics:

3a732676-ef1b-4ea1-9a19-d05a8c03df22-460.jpeg

dc7a1659-fcb5-4ebd-8811-8e7f49be6dfc-460.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here