Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Olympic Tennis Thread

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Joke final !! What a shame for all those who paid to see the game. Has Federer ever been so dis-interested and inept. Never have I seen so many unforced errors from him. An Olympic final deserves better.

Wow. Murray gave a masterclass in how to beat the world's best. Sure Federer didn't get in the game but Murray didn't let him.

Oh and as for the unforced errors, psychologically he was suffering as Murray was destroying him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wow. Murray gave a masterclass in how to beat the world's best. Sure Federer didn't get in the game but Murray didn't let him.

Oh and as for the unforced errors, psychologically he was suffering as Murray was destroying him.

This. He was ruined. Did you see Federer go to hit a volley from right above the net and somehow manage to hit the ball right into it? He couldn't cope.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Azarenka sounds like she's having an organism every time she hits the ball :eek: :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surprised it's not been mentioned but when Murray was making his way through his support team and just about to hug probably the most important one, his mum, the dumb director cuts to a view of Federer's back as he exited the court!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just been watching Feddy doing an interview for Swiss tv. He seemed genuinely happy to see Murray win it, if he couldn't. He also said he wasn't at it today as his back is troubling him after so many matches. He's concentrating on all the salms this year and staying number 1. So I guess he wasn't too bothered. Just backs up what a gracious and nice bloke he is. Oh with ice in his veins and a skill and consistency we may never seen again. Well done muzzy tho, you sweaty bastard.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just been watching Feddy doing an interview for Swiss tv. He seemed genuinely happy to see Murray win it, if he couldn't. He also said he wasn't at it today as his back is troubling him after so many matches. He's concentrating on all the salms this year and staying number 1. So I guess he wasn't too bothered. Just backs up what a gracious and nice bloke he is. Oh with ice in his veins and a skill and consistency we may never seen again. Well done muzzy tho, you sweaty bastard.

I recognise that you have reasonable loyally supported AM however don't think for one moment that RF was not up for winning the Olympic Gold at Wimbledon. It's a bit like John Terry (****) deciding not to compete for Chelsea in the FA Cup Final.

AM just didn't let him settle.

Best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here