Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Olympic Tennis Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The performance from Murray was amazing. Absolutely amazing, from start to finish he was the better man and has really hit his stride in the last month or so. Winning a 5 set final will be a massive monkey off his back, the US Open on his favourite surface isn't far away...

I've said frequently I don't think he has the game to win a Slam, but today and throughout this tournament he has shown there is more guile to his game than there has been before. Just a run of form, or has he finally matured and become the complete player?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That was pure class - and one in the eye for everyone on here who said he was out of his depth in the Wimbledon final. He basically just completely demolished the best tennis player of all time!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was the tennis equivalent of someone battering Barcelona 4-0 in a final. People need to start acknowledging finally that Murray is a SERIOUSLY good player.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ricci Bitti

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344180569.139155.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344180579.074601.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That was the tennis equivalent of someone battering Barcelona 4-0 in a final. People need to start acknowledging finally that Murray is a SERIOUSLY good player.

Hopefully this will be like getting over that first Slam hurdle. An Olympic Gold is just as big, if not a bit bigger considering it's every 4 years.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Murray singing the national anthem too. He's flying up in my estimation by the minute. Very happy for him, was brilliant today

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Murray half singing the anthem. He's caught between a rock and a hard place really :lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
A least Andy Murray sang along to the National Anthem, more than those Welsh gits in the football, fair play to him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray half singing the anthem. He's caught between a rock and a hard place really :lolol:
I don't think 'long to rein over us' quite came out.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Amazing how he can demolish the best player ever in an Olympic final over 5 sets, but it's only when he sings along with the National Anthem that he's accepted! :lolol:

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Joke final !! What a shame for all those who paid to see the game. Has Federer ever been so dis-interested and inept. Never have I seen so many unforced errors from him. An Olympic final deserves better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here