Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Olympic Handball Thread

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I blooody love this sport! Fast moving, high goal-scoring event which is always a welcoming sight in my eyes.

Currently watching the women's GB game against Russia and it is such a great game to watch.

Would love to participate in this! Any clubs nearby at all?

Apparenlty Montenegro are the best at this and are looking for gold too. The women at least were unbelievable!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It was on in the pub on Saturday night and I have to agree. Why don't we play this game over here??

Just put it on and although we're getting gubbed some of our stoats are little crackers! Hedland who has just come on :love:

So far it's been about the only sport that has been worth watching, everything else has been utter tripe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup, one of the few sports I've watched where I've thought "I'd love to play this."

I seem to remember it being HUUUGE when I went over to Germany a few years back.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It's big everywhere. Not in Britain though, and the septics aren't bothered much either

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone watching the men's handball?

Iceland awarded a penalty 27-26 ahead with 14 seconds remaining, Hungary keeper saves it and they charge down the other end and score with two seconds left. So now extra time...

Jul 20, 2003
Anyone watching the men's handball?

Iceland awarded a penalty 27-26 ahead with 14 seconds remaining, Hungary keeper saves it and they charge down the other end and score with two seconds left. So now extra time...

The Hungarian keepers having a stormer ... marvelous stuff this

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Great game, will miss this when the Olympics are over.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have FOOLISHLY given away my men's bronze medal handball ticket to my mother and step father and am instead going to the women's basketball bronze match at the O2.

Foolish because handball is a quite clearly a MUCH better sport than basketball.

Jul 20, 2003
I have FOOLISHLY given away my men's bronze medal handball ticket to my mother and step father and am instead going to the women's basketball bronze match at the O2.

Foolish because handball is a quite clearly a MUCH better sport than basketball.

you have dropped something of a bad there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here