Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Olympic Handball Thread

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
That Iceland/Hungary game was an EPIC handball-fest. I saw GB-Tunisia and Serbia-South Korea in the Copper Box on Golden Saturday, and bloody good fun it was.

It's been a joy to see this time round - normally all you see of the handball during the Games is 30 seconds' highlights of the final, so to be able to watch everything has been terrific.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you have dropped something of a bad there
Yes. There is a story behind it, which ultimately boils down to the fact that we felt it was the fair thing to do to let people in my family experience the Olympic Park. And the game of handball isn't going to go away I suppose.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have FOOLISHLY given away my men's bronze medal handball ticket to my mother and step father and am instead going to the women's basketball bronze match at the O2.

Foolish because handball is a quite clearly a MUCH better sport than basketball.

I spoke to them last night and they seem to think they are going to the basketball, you might be able to get away with it! You're right though, basketball is WANK.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
It was on in the pub on Saturday night and I have to agree. Why don't we play this game over here??

Just put it on and although we're getting gubbed some of our stoats are little crackers! Hedland who has just come on :love:

So far it's been about the only sport that has been worth watching, everything else has been utter tripe.

You must be a barrel of laughs to live with ! Are you telling us that the cycling, athletics, rowing,beach volleyball, hockey etc etc has been 'utter tripe' ? God above !

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I do hope it takes off here.

So do I, I have friend who's a teacher in Scotland, after watching Handball they now plan to introduce it in to the school there. They contacted the Scottish Handball Association and their going to come and do some coaching lessons. There have been some fantastic games, looking forward to Sweden vs Denmark later on tonight.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi All

Have been working with the GB teams to help with funding their Olympic efforts.

They have ALL not received any funding and yes the fact that the programme has really only been going for 3/4 years they clearly are behind their opponents but wait to see what they could do with four more years (look at where Rowing was and is now!). It has been a great pleasure to meet these guys and try and help them, but I heard that already they are being prevented by a lack of funding to enter their next international competition, I wonder if you guys can help with your friends who across Sussex and beyond to see if we can do something about it...

Not after sponsorship, but perhaps encouraging bosses to
a) Teambuilding: Meet and learn how to play Handball with the GB Team. (at ahem Crystal Palace...sorry about that!)
b) Personal Apperances to impress the hell out of clients, staff etc.

I am happy to send more formal details, email me via the site but, I hope that you take the positive step to generate some buzz for the men and women who have made such a great impression.

If you have any contacts, suggestions etc would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
David
http://www.partyforthepodium.com/page2.htm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here