Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Disappointed this morning, yes...surprised, not really.

We gave it a bloody good go last night, and were just 4+ minutes from possibly handing the defending champs a defeat, and advancing to the AFC Championship game. That 3rd & 11 stuffed us though (should've gone downfield to someone like Njoku who was having a great game, & not out to the flat) as a short 4th down may have been worth going for. With the KC pass rush stepping up on that drive though, was it worth the risk of a short field for KC if we had gambled on it & failed? I can see the sense in punting & hoping the D gets a quick 3 and out with Henne in for Mahomes.

Also, if that H-2-H hit on Higgins is called on the goal line in the first half, would that have changed the dynamic of the game? The Drive...The Fumble...The Touchback. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

After the season weve had, just 3 years removed from an 0-16 shambles, its been a real shame to see a minority of fans this morning saying we blew it last night, were gutless, & really laying into Stefanski etc. Seriously? OK, maybe the challenges & time outs weren't used wisely...but, we finished 11-5, were the last AFC North team left standing, beat the Steelers in the playoffs, won 12 games overall (not done since 1994?) and have an offense that is up there with the best in the league.

Nothing but pride for the way weve played this year (except losing to the Jets of course...FFS!) Overhaul the D in the off-season - and we go again in September!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Disappointed this morning, yes...surprised, not really.

We gave it a bloody good go last night, and were just 4+ minutes from possibly handing the defending champs a defeat, and advancing to the AFC Championship game. That 3rd & 11 stuffed us though (should've gone downfield to someone like Njoku who was having a great game, & not out to the flat) as a short 4th down may have been worth going for. With the KC pass rush stepping up on that drive though, was it worth the risk of a short field for KC if we had gambled on it & failed? I can see the sense in punting & hoping the D gets a quick 3 and out with Henne in for Mahomes.

Also, if that H-2-H hit on Higgins is called on the goal line in the first half, would that have changed the dynamic of the game? The Drive...The Fumble...The Touchback. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

After the season weve had, just 3 years removed from an 0-16 shambles, its been a real shame to see a minority of fans this morning saying we blew it last night, were gutless, & really laying into Stefanski etc. Seriously? OK, maybe the challenges & time outs weren't used wisely...but, we finished 11-5, were the last AFC North team left standing, beat the Steelers in the playoffs, won 12 games overall (not done since 1994?) and have an offense that is up there with the best in the league.

Nothing but pride for the way weve played this year (except losing to the Jets of course...FFS!) Overhaul the D in the off-season - and we go again in September!
Agreed, I'm both gutted and proud this morning. I actually thought we were going to do it after that interception, but it wasn't to be. Really hope Mahomes is ok and the Chiefs go on to win.

I'm trying not to get TOO upset about the touchback and whether it should have been called a foul, these things happen. Also the Chiefs were only the width of goalpost away from another three points which would have meant that even a touchdown in that final drive wouldn't have been enough. Fans (in all sports) always say 'if only' and only remember the chances their team spurned.

Anyway, we're now light years away from 1-31. And if Stefanski was guilty of a bit of game mis-management, it's only a minor, minor blip in what has been a fantastic rookie season. Plug a few gaps in the Secondary and we should be even better next season.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Plug a few gaps in the Secondary and we should be even better next season.

And the LB corps...really need help in that dept too.

Was kinda hoping we would sign Clay Matthews as an emergency backup for the playoffs, just to see the famous name & #57 on the back of a Browns uniform again :lolol:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can’t believe how far this is down the board. Stat Bro must have loved that first half? :moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Yessssssss!

Can’t lie - typical British fan who needed to pick a team and saw the Bucs out in Tampa in 2010 and then seen them live twice since so ‘followed’ then ever since! Just incredible! And it’s not all about Brady - the D has been phenomenal!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh god no. Bloody Tom Brady in the Superbowl. Again. Cue wall to wall fawning coverage for the next fortnight. Boring.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Chiefs can see them off in style.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh god no. Bloody Tom Brady in the Superbowl. Again. Cue wall to wall fawning coverage for the next fortnight. Boring.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Chiefs can see them off in style.

Mahomes gets a fair amount as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yessssssss!

Can’t lie - typical British fan who needed to pick a team and saw the Bucs out in Tampa in 2010 and then seen them live twice since so ‘followed’ then ever since! Just incredible! And it’s not all about Brady - the D has been phenomenal!

Our eldest son was due on Superbowl weekend in 2003, so we said whoever won that season would be "his team". Hes been an avid Bucs fans ever since. Weve seen them play a couple of times here, and at Ray Jay, & managed to blag a tour round their training facility in 2010 which was brilliant! :cool:

I was rooting for the Cheese-heads last night, but Im glad hes got to see his Bucs in the Big Show for the first time. Unfortunately, he should've been flying into Tampa for his 18th on Feb 6, but had to cancel due to the pandemic. What a birthday that would've been with the Bucs now playing for the NFL title at home...Fire the Cannons!

20210124_173121_resized.jpg20210124_172652_resized.jpg

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Heartbreak for the Bills, such a shame to go out with a whimper.

Unfortunately needed to be firing on every cylinder and unfortunately weren't. Redzone offense poor, run and underneath defense too soft, offensive line horrendous. And then opposite that the Chiefs looked every bit the best team in the NFL.

It's been an incredible ride this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here