Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't watched the Chiefs game yet (although I know the result), but that Bucs/Packers one was epic. I absolutely love the NFL and it's really kept me going these last few months. Dunno what I'll do after the Superbowl :(

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Packers blew it last night and we get to suffer another Brady Bowl. Go Chiefs I hope Mahomes is fullly mobile for the Super Bowl.

it is a cracking SB in prospect the GOAT versus potentially GOAT of the future. Two coaches that always call plays in an aggressive and positive manner. I hope it lives up to my high expectations.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Eagles trade Wentz to the Colts for a 2021 3rd round pick and 2022 2nd round conditional pick (which could become a 1st).

Eagles will eat the largest dead cap charge in NFL history.

The dead cap is a massive L for the Eagles (no matter how good Hurts has looked like in the small sample size). I'm shocked that Howie Roseman wasn't sent packing along with Doug Pederson given he's probably more responsible for how screwed they are cap wise going forward.

I like this deal a lot for the Colts. Granted it's a gamble given what Wentz put on tape last season, but one that makes sense. If anyone has a chance of coaching him back to 2017 form - or even just to a point where he's a reasonable starting QB at the NFL level - it's Frank Reich. If he can't do it I don' think there's many others who could.

Colts haven't given up a massive amount in terms of picks - even if conditional becomes a 1st - and have the cap space to take on the rest of Wentz's contract. Wentz gets to play behind one of best o-lines in the league & should still have a great defence doing him favours on the other side of the ball. They could maybe do with a more consistent WR1 option than Hilton, unless Pittman makes more progress and steps into that spot in 2021, but otherwise they're well rounded and set up for success. Key is now for Wentz to stop the regression, and if he does then it's another great move from Chris Ballard as GM.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The dead cap is a massive L for the Eagles (no matter how good Hurts has looked like in the small sample size). I'm shocked that Howie Roseman wasn't sent packing along with Doug Pederson given he's probably more responsible for how screwed they are cap wise going forward.

I like this deal a lot for the Colts. Granted it's a gamble given what Wentz put on tape last season, but one that makes sense. If anyone has a chance of coaching him back to 2017 form - or even just to a point where he's a reasonable starting QB at the NFL level - it's Frank Reich. If he can't do it I don' think there's many others who could.

Colts haven't given up a massive amount in terms of picks - even if conditional becomes a 1st - and have the cap space to take on the rest of Wentz's contract. Wentz gets to play behind one of best o-lines in the league & should still have a great defence doing him favours on the other side of the ball. They could maybe do with a more consistent WR1 option than Hilton, unless Pittman makes more progress and steps into that spot in 2021, but otherwise they're well rounded and set up for success. Key is now for Wentz to stop the regression, and if he does then it's another great move from Chris Ballard as GM.

Colts weren’t bad last year anyway, so I think ultimately this will help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Draft this year is going to be very different as the NFL Scouting Combine has been cancelled due to Covid. This has completely changed the way teams can evaluate potential players, there will have to be more due diligence by teams and pro days will be held on campus instead.

Giants have 11th pick. The Giants ranked 31st in total offense in 2020, with only the Jets being worse. They really missed Saquon Barkley who was out most of the season. They really need a home run-hitting player at wide receiver - maybe DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle from Alabama

Evan Engram was a Pro Bowler in 2020 but the Giants could do with another tight end. Florida’s Kyle Pitts would be a good fit but unlikely to be around at 11th pick

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Decided to pick an NFL team and try to follow a bit this season as think the shirts look pretty cool. So I’ve gone Seahawks based purely on the fact it’s like seagulls, their logo looked the best and their shirt is nice. Think they’re middle of the range sort of team too from what I can gather. So any dummies guide to the NFL and all this regional leagues and then play offs etc will be greatly appreciated, but think it’s a while away until the new season starts. Any other Seahawks fans on here? :thumbsup:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Decided to pick an NFL team and try to follow a bit this season as think the shirts look pretty cool. So I’ve gone Seahawks based purely on the fact it’s like seagulls, their logo looked the best and their shirt is nice. Think they’re middle of the range sort of team too from what I can gather. So any dummies guide to the NFL and all this regional leagues and then play offs etc will be greatly appreciated, but think it’s a while away until the new season starts. Any other Seahawks fans on here? :thumbsup:

Great choice! Been a Seahawks fan since I was a kid, 35 years now - and chose them for the same reason, Seagulls/Seahawks.

You will find them as exasperating and frustrating as the Albion, and then some magic will happen and you will then see why you chose them.

I would suggest watching the Rain City Redemption series from Episode 1... it follows the Seahawks from 2012 to the year after they won the Super Bowl - you’ll learn a lot about the recent history of the team from that, and some of the magic is in there.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Welcome to the 12s NSC Chapter!

Think there’s a couple of us Seahawks fans here.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

I can understand the choice of team by shirt. However, if you really start getting into the NFL you will regret picking a West Coast team as you will endure many a late Sunday night waiting for your game to finish when you need to get up early for work on Monday.

Enjoy!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Should have been the Giants, Sheebo, they play in blue like Brighton....

Play against the Eagles as well [emoji6]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would suggest watching the Rain City Redemption series from Episode 1... it follows the Seahawks from 2012 to the year after they won the Super Bowl - you’ll learn a lot about the recent history of the team from that, and some of the magic is in there.

Is that on Amazon or Netflix?

I find I hate less NFL teams, Philadelphia and Dallas apart, than Premier League [emoji23]

So don’t mind Seattle - Marshawn Lynch, what’s not to like?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Beast Mode!

Sadly the days of Marshawn are long gone. This season will be all about DK Metcalf on offence, and Jamal Adams on defence. They’re the Seahawks to look out for - plus good old Russell Wilson of course.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Beast Mode!

Sadly the days of Marshawn are long gone. This season will be all about DK Metcalf on offence, and Jamal Adams on defence. They’re the Seahawks to look out for - plus good old Russell Wilson of course.

If Russell Wilson can stay on terms with the coach, big season for both of them

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

I find I hate less NFL teams, Philadelphia and Dallas apart, than Premier League [emoji23]

It’s not on either - it’s an independent video series that is on Vimeo - just google it and you will find it online. As a Seahawk fan I find it absorbing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can understand the choice of team by shirt. However, if you really start getting into the NFL you will regret picking a West Coast team as you will endure many a late Sunday night waiting for your game to finish when you need to get up early for work on Monday.

Enjoy!

What a coin flip, pick a West Coast team with late kick offs but high likelihood of a win, or like me pick an East Coast team that is always on the early kick offs but always lose.

Go Jags.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I find I hate less NFL teams, all AFC teams, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Tampa (now), Giants, Seahawks, Rams & Viqueens - although that's more of a pity hate apart, than Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here