Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seahawks really crapped the bed against a injury hit Rams.

I'm pleased about that, the Seahawks have the Packers play off number.
Bizarrely I'd quite like the Saints to do over the Carebears so I could be a lot happier in the play offs.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm speechless. That was utterly awful from my Seahawks. Shockingly bad. I think we went something like 3 for 12 on 3rd down conversions.

To think we went 12-4 and fought all season to turn in that pile of crap in the play-offs.

It was so irredeemably appalling I'm not actually disappointed, just stunned. That was the performance of a 0–16 team.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I'm speechless. That was utterly awful from my Seahawks. Shockingly bad. I think we went something like 3 for 12 on 3rd down conversions.

To think we went 12-4 and fought all season to turn in that pile of crap in the play-offs.

It was so irredeemably appalling I'm not actually disappointed, just stunned. That was the performance of a 0–16 team.

“Defense wins championships.”

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

All gone very quiet on here, Bills nearly gave me a heart attack earlier.

First play off win in a quarter of a century; made very hard work of it.

Great game though.....

I’m kind of neutral after the Giants failed, (thanks to the Eagles tanking), but would love the Bills to win the Super Bowl......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Enjoyed the Colts / Bills game, was certainly closer than I though it'd be. Some expensive drops from the Colts receivers.
Only watched to half time of the Rams/Seahawks game but the Rams D was outstanding. Blew my acca that result though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Go Browns!! Wow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't believe what I am watching.

Bed for me once it was clear the Bears were going to run themselves to three and outs and an occasional FG. Sounds like the Browns game was quite a bit more exciting

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just rolled into work after staying up to watch the Browns game....yet another roller-coaster ride, but a sweet Victory Monday feeling!

We never make things easy for ourselves, but what a start! Chubb and Hunt were superb, Landry & Hooper kept things moving downfield and, even though I've never been a huge fan of Mayfields, he played another great game.

Will savour this win as long as I can stay awake at my desk today - but we have to get our O line healthy for next week (Baker even said he only introduced himself to a 4th string backup who came in to the lineup, just before the game) & our secondary has a MASSIVE task to keep up with Mahomes & Gang. I dont fancy our chances at all tbh, especially if Jackson is playing again. Constantly turned inside out against the Steelers, and really doesn't look like he belongs on an NFL field - lets hope Ward is back for KC!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'oh what a night'

The Albion cruise into the 4th round while the Carebears pull their pants down and poop all over the Play Offs.

Happy Dayz

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Trump to award Bill Belichick Presidential Medal of Freedom this Thursday

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Trump to award Bill Belichick Presidential Medal of Freedom this Thursday

Well BB is well noted for coat-tailing right-wing / far-right conservatism - and he is not unique in that respect - most of the NFL owners and GM and more than half the coaches would be in Trump's camp on a bad day.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just rolled into work after staying up to watch the Browns game....yet another roller-coaster ride, but a sweet Victory Monday feeling!

We never make things easy for ourselves, but what a start! Chubb and Hunt were superb, Landry & Hooper kept things moving downfield and, even though I've never been a huge fan of Mayfields, he played another great game.

Will savour this win as long as I can stay awake at my desk today - but we have to get our O line healthy for next week (Baker even said he only introduced himself to a 4th string backup who came in to the lineup, just before the game) & our secondary has a MASSIVE task to keep up with Mahomes & Gang. I dont fancy our chances at all tbh, especially if Jackson is playing again. Constantly turned inside out against the Steelers, and really doesn't look like he belongs on an NFL field - lets hope Ward is back for KC!

Just logged for the first time since August (I've lost almost all interest in soccer) to celebrate with you! Absolutely unbelievable. I didn't stay up for the game, but recorded it and watched it this morning. When we went 28-0 up I remember thinking "God this will be the most embarrassing defeat in our history when the Steelers claw this back" - and they didn't!

Winning season, play-offs, and a play-off road victory of the Steelers. Honestly, I never thought I'd live to see the day. Just hope we don't disgrace ourselves against the Chiefs and then we can say it's been a great season.

Here we go Brownies, here we go, Woof! Woof!

(And I'm going to claim some of the credit as I said on the 2019 NFL thread that I wanted both Stefanski as coach and Andrew Berry as GM!)

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I managed to avoid the score and then watched the game in 40 on Gamepass earlier. Couldn't believe the start the Browns got but then when the Steelers got to within a couple of scores there was that feeling it was all going to go wrong in traditional Browns style. So pleased for all those Browns fans out there after so many years of not just disappointment but abject awfulness - especially with the head coach missing.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

I genuinely laughed through the game because it was so pitifully bad... the Rams were great defensively and they always give us trouble but they were so there for the taking.

Wilson only needed to play at 50%, and the O Line actually give him more than 1 second on a few plays and we would have got the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here