Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Some fun games last night - needless to say, Giants don't seem very impressed with the Eagles benching Jalen Hurts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders creep over the line

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well may somewhat masochistic decision to stay up for the Washington game was rewarded with a victory and a division title. I'm happy. I couldn't really give a stuff about the whingeing from the Giants, they only won 6 games and we were playing with a QB that only had the full use of one leg, so ya boo sucks. The chance to feel anything than total embarrassment whilst supporting this franchise has been warmly welcomed.

A coach with cancer, a dud 1st rd QB, a broken leg for his replacement and then comeback of all comebacks from Alex Smith, as well as all the off the field distractions this has been a hell of a season for a team that finished last year with an abysmal 3-13 record. The team has overcome great adversity to set itself on the road to recovery.

Cannot wait for Tom Brady to come to Fed Ex and meet the Maroon Four (lousy nickname btw) who I hope will make him earn the Bucs almost inevitable victory the hard way. If I was Ron I'd seriously consider starting Heineckie next week as Smith just cannot function outside the pocket. Anyway a surprisingly productive finish to a season that promised absolutely nothing. I aim to enjoy this week as much as I can before the Bucs roll into town and presumably out again with the W.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surprised this needs a :bounce:

Not sure I wanted to comment on our inevitable defeat to the Pack, subsequent limping into a wildcard and now need to stay up past midnight next Sunday to watch the even more inevitable beasting by the Saints. All that after starting 5-0. I guess that's what happens with a much vaunted D that can't stop Rogers and a QB who can only (or is only allowed to) throw short.

Well done to the Browns though. Thoroughly enjoyed the Steelers / Browns take one last night before the, er, inevitable happened in the later games.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Happy for our resident Browns fans, welcome to the playoffs, at last!

Ended up being a meaningless game for Seattle, we’d have been Seed #3 whether we won or lost, but hopefully psychologically good to have sealed a come-from-behind win.

Now bring on the Rams. Again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well may somewhat masochistic decision to stay up for the Washington game was rewarded with a victory and a division title. I'm happy. I couldn't really give a stuff about the whingeing from the Giants, they only won 6 games and we were playing with a QB that only had the full use of one leg, so ya boo sucks. The chance to feel anything than total embarrassment whilst supporting this franchise has been warmly welcomed.

A coach with cancer, a dud 1st rd QB, a broken leg for his replacement and then comeback of all comebacks from Alex Smith, as well as all the off the field distractions this has been a hell of a season for a team that finished last year with an abysmal 3-13 record. The team has overcome great adversity to set itself on the road to recovery.

Cannot wait for Tom Brady to come to Fed Ex and meet the Maroon Four (lousy nickname btw) who I hope will make him earn the Bucs almost inevitable victory the hard way. If I was Ron I'd seriously consider starting Heineckie next week as Smith just cannot function outside the pocket. Anyway a surprisingly productive finish to a season that promised absolutely nothing. I aim to enjoy this week as much as I can before the Bucs roll into town and presumably out again with the W.

I’d certainly start with Smith but be willing to bring in Heineckie if WFT find themselves behind and chasing the game (which is inevitable), because Smith is clearly struggling to move. Need Gibson and Terry to be fit again next week to stand any chance ... that said the real surprise this year has been the emergence of Logan Thomas at TE.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’d certainly start with Smith but be willing to bring in Heineckie if WFT find themselves behind and chasing the game (which is inevitable), because Smith is clearly struggling to move. Need Gibson and Terry to be fit again next week to stand any chance ... that said the real surprise this year has been the emergence of Logan Thomas at TE.

I think Smith will start but maybe not be given too much of a leash if he gets hammered early on. Totally agree with Logan Thomas, he has been a revelation. A real go to guy who totally suits our current passing game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Beat Washington twice though. [emoji6]

Re Alex Smith - definitely the comeback of all time.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Surprised this needs a :bounce:

Hey [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION] the next game the Browns play will be what we call a 'play off game'.

There's a whole other competition between the last game of the season and pre season.
I hope you enjoy it.

I do seem to remember something like this from the mists of time. Its a very vague memory though...

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Have the Jets sacked Gase yet ?

NB - just seen that they have sacked him - you have to wonder how some of these run-of-the-mill coaches get a HC job.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Finally, Jags move on from Doug Marrone. Sounds like Urban Meyer is lined up to replace him. Looking forward to a news season, new GM, new coach and new QB.

Jags job is a nice one - no.1 pick to get Lawrence - another first rounder and two second rounders - some decent players on the roster - an ownership that seem to give their HC a lot of leeway - and over $100m in cap space.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Massive news out of Denver - John Elway is 'promoted' out of the general manager's job (likely to make way for an ownership bid with others)

Big job now available - I expected Elway to do another year before handing over the gm reins.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Massive news out of Denver - John Elway is 'promoted' out of the general manager's job (likely to make way for an ownership bid with others)

Big job now available - I expected Elway to do another year before handing over the gm reins.

Jumping before being pushed there. He has made some very poor decisions as GM and was in danger of ruining his reputation in Denver. Interesting to see that Matt Russell (his right hand man) was offered the chance to apply but has chosen to retire instead.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Jumping before being pushed there. He has made some very poor decisions as GM and was in danger of ruining his reputation in Denver. Interesting to see that Matt Russell (his right hand man) was offered the chance to apply but has chosen to retire instead.

Elway was never going to get pushed - Ellis would have been sacked before Elway - in fact all the problems at Denver can be traced back to Ellis rather than Elway.
As for 'Russell me up another drink' retiring - it is more of a case of avoiding embarrassment when he didn't get the job (and by the way - Russell was Ellis' right-hand man - not Elway's).

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Whoever gets the Chargers job will be licking their lips at the thought of working with Herbert, and all that talent they have on both sides of the ball.
They've massively underachieved the last 2 seasons, but a lot of that can be put down to big injuries to big players at various times. Get them all healthy in the off-season and they will be on the up again I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here