Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While in the NFC East, a .500 record is the most you need to win the division. One of the great idiosyncrasies about the NFL (unless your team loses out).

Oh la de da .500 you say, someone's expecting a strong finish in the East. :lol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Oh la de da .500 you say, someone's expecting a strong finish in the East. :lol:

I did say most but in the NFC LEast, you could still top it with a 6 & 10 record this season.

Anyway, I'm a Broncos fan so, with Elway's ability to spot a QB, a .500 record is a long way off these days. The way Mahomes and the Chiefs look, it may be some time before we top our division again. I love watching Mahomes - just a shame he has to be in the AFC West.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And so, it came to pass that, instead of the Bears losing in order to have an actual quarterback in the draft we now have to lose to the Packers to dash our outside hopes of glory and return to some middling draft picks.

I can almost hear [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] giggling from here.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Trevor Lawrence baby!
EF21A2DC-363D-4E06-B1D6-0C9350023946.jpeg

Seriously, this could be the turning point for a longtime pitiful franchise. You’d think prospective new GMs would look very favourably at this gig. A haul of draft picks with 4 inside the top 50 and a pair of 3rd round picks, second biggest cap space, a stud running back and your choice of new head coach. There’s actually a pretty good sprinkling of talent in the squad, it’s just been horribly coached and directionless this year.
I’m wondering how it will all go wrong.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Supporting the Cardinals this year is remarkably like supporting the Albion. An exciting young team with a young progressive coach not quite getting the best out of them, classy build up play but toothless in the end zone/up front, a defense that is a bit too soft, teams seem to have worked out how to blunt us and a predisposition for making at least 1 regular costly error a game.

It seems we are destined just to just miss out on the playoffs. It was all looking so good after the win over the Seahawks!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Division title for Seattle with that 20-9 win over the Rams; very happy this morning.

Not least because our defence has turned its season around completely, from being record-breakingly bad to genuinely play-off worthy in the last 4 games.

Now to go beyond our usual one win and out playoff performance, we need BOTH offence and defence to have good games. We’ve pretty much got through the season by it being ‘one or the other’ doing well for each game. IF they can both turn up, in tandem, then we have a chance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Trevor Lawrence baby!
View attachment 131838

Seriously, this could be the turning point for a longtime pitiful franchise. You’d think prospective new GMs would look very favourably at this gig. A haul of draft picks with 4 inside the top 50 and a pair of 3rd round picks, second biggest cap space, a stud running back and your choice of new head coach. There’s actually a pretty good sprinkling of talent in the squad, it’s just been horribly coached and directionless this year.

...and thats what I keep thinking about too, how will we inevitably screw this up?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And so, it came to pass that, instead of the Bears losing in order to have an actual quarterback in the draft we now have to lose to the Packers to dash our outside hopes of glory and return to some middling draft picks.

I can almost hear [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] giggling from here.

No giggles here, yet.

The Carebears winning could knock us out of #1 and put you in the playoffs.
Which in turn could be the last laugh.

I'll keep my powder dry thanks, for a week or so.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Packers Defence has come in for some criticism this season so holding Tennessee's Offence to 14 points was no mean feat. Last night probably the most complete performance by Green Bay all season.

Need to beat the Bears next week to keep #1 seed and make sure the path goes through Lambeau. I don't see the Seahawks slipping at the 49ers.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Trevor Lawrence baby!
View attachment 131838

You'll sign him, Duval will be awash with Lawrence shirts and he will be advertising anything and everything in NE Florida. Then, a couple of weeks before the season starts, he'll damage his ACL in training and be out for the season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The noise is that he won't be considering any OC's/DC's that haven't had head coaching jobs before, which would rule out Leftwich, Bieniemy and Brian Daboll who would be my top 3 choices.

This is my concern, I don’t think he has the vision to look for someone new with different ideas, he’ll hire an old retread like Marvin Lewis.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
A week too late.

Poor show by Washington, it's not as if they were holding onto Brady or Rodgers.

No just their only QB with a NFL pass in the last two years.

As it turns out someone who has been there 3 weeks can manage to make the offense look less crap.

I’m sure if Smith or Allen were fit Haskins would have been shown the door last weekend.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Not cool, man, not cool :down:

It's just jealousy - at least you have some hope at QB. It looks like my Broncos are stuck with Lock for another year of 'development' - a man who has thrown more INTs than TDs this season including six pick sixes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Sunday two of the options open to The Giants are either win the division or get third pick in the draft. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprised this needs a :bounce:

Hey [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION] the next game the Browns play will be what we call a 'play off game'.

There's a whole other competition between the last game of the season and pre season.
I hope you enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here