Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh Titans I love you! Absolutely delighted by that result.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Well, the first quarter went well for the Chiefs!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We're one game away from the AFC Championship being contested by 2 teams from the AFC South. :lol:

I don't know what the odds would've been for that at the start of the season, but Leicester's 5,000/1 would probably seem miserly in comparison.

Looking ever more likely as this game progresses :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Andy Reid with that walrus mustache of yours.......

Game on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Second quarter is going better :lolol:

Extraordinary game 3TD's in 3.24

Absolutely brilliant to watch. The only good thing about being a Bears fan these days is that you can enjoy the latter stages of the playoffs as a neutral. :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chiefs are on fire here!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Pleased to see the 49ers shut down the Vikings in the second half, surprised at Tennessee turning over the Ravens. Don;t have Sky Sports so not sure what is going on in other matches, just hoping the Packers lose :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Looking tough for Seattle at half time, down 21-3. Come on Hawks, give it a go!!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
...and we did. Gave it a real go. 28-23.

Killed on Packers 3rd down conversions; 9 of 13 converted. If we'd stopped a couple more of those, who knows.

Still, proud of my team. And to be fair, it was always going to be an improbable ask to win through on the road with our 3 running backs all out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay Packers!!

The 11 minutes highlights give the impression of a much more rounded team, even Jimmy Graham was getting a look in.

Sadly Sad Fran looked very impressive yesterday, albeit against the Viqueens.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looks like I will be in Miami for the super bowl. Who would be the most exciting teams to make it? Who have best fans etc? And when do we find out what the game will be. All very confusing.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Looks like I will be in Miami for the super bowl. Who would be the most exciting teams to make it? Who have best fans etc? And when do we find out what the game will be. All very confusing.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

49'ers v Kansas City would be my pick from the remaining four teams.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Still recovering from that Texans / Chiefs game....wow. Just WOW.
Watched the first half of the Packers game and thought they were very much in control tbh. Going up 28-10 mid way through the 3rd pretty much sealed it IMO, and I headed off to bed a happy chap.

The Championship games should be a couple of humdingers!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
49'ers v Kansas City would be my pick from the remaining four teams.

That would be my pick, but have the Chiefs got the run defence to stop King Henry, he’s massive and running like a man possessed. Obviously the Chiefs have the firepower but the Titans have a physical defence. Could be fun.
I’m very much expecting the 9ers to see off the Packers by at least a couple if scores.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure who I want. I don't think I want Marvin Lewis or Mike McCarthy. For me that's a bit like a struggling PL team employing Alan Pardew or Mark Hughes: experienced, yes, but surely their best days are behind them. I think I'd prefer a 'Potter' character, i.e.a younger, more innovative figure. For some reason I keep coming back to Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski. I know he's been mentioned as a possibility, and I like the sound of him, but maybe I've just been swayed by that performance against the Saints.

Oh dear. Already I get the feeling I'm regretting my decision. Still, what's the worst that can happen?

EDIT: And I didn't realise my GM choice, Andrew Berry, had already been with the Browns before he joined the Eagles!

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
That would be my pick, but have the Chiefs got the run defence to stop King Henry, he’s massive and running like a man possessed. Obviously the Chiefs have the firepower but the Titans have a physical defence. Could be fun.
I’m very much expecting the 9ers to see off the Packers by at least a couple if scores.

Exactly my thoughts re: AFC game...two very contrasting offensive game plans, but Tennessee have a very good defense too, and it should be a tougher unit to break down than Houston proved to be last night. Until they were playing catch up, Houston also ran the ball alright on KC...but Henry is better than the whole Texans backfield combined imo & could have another huge day.

In the NFC I think it could be a cagier, more defensive battle than predicted. Rodgers has had a decent support cast around him this year - & while San Fran have some explosive players on that side of the ball too, I still dont class them as one of the top elite offenses...just yet (Kittle excepted!) Its a very strong unit, but not unbeatable....just like Green Bay. I think both defenses also match up well to each others offenses, so it could come down to who has the ball last.
Obviously I hope that its the Packers who win, but I think the 49ers may just squeak it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here